It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISOBEY in an openly visual manner and you will inspire non-compliance in those around you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun
Not really, I just think that the OP set off from a similar stance of "everybody is against the same thing, they just need to see someone oppose it to also speak up".

That isn't true, the mandates, using the examples in the OP, were not a heavy burden for many, they were things they could accept until they were lifted.

Heck, I still see some people wearing masks even when nobody is asking people to do that anymore.

edit on 14-9-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I could be wrong but it sounds like the God does wrong type of people.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Try as I may, I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say in that post.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Where is the 'or else'?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels
Don't act dumb.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
97 In the past Daskakik overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people not to act dumb.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
In the past Daskakik overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people not to act dumb.

No, just the ones that know that the "or else" is some form of punishment upon judgment.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You're going to make us gods.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Throughout the Bible the relationship between God and people is likened to the family unit.

He is our Father and we are his children.

Do you have a better model for the family unit other than the one practiced world wide?

Parents provide rules for their children out of love. Yes there are consequences if the children don’t follow those rules that are laid out for their good.

Either by the consequences directly related to their actions like touching a hot stove or indirect consequences such as parental punishment to avoid the child from continuing down a harmful or destructive path.

Call it a “benevolent dictatorship” if you wish but I doubt a democratic system would work well within a family with three or more children… unless you enjoy fruit loops and chocolate cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2
Well, at least you acknowledge what the "or else" is commonly understood to be in christianity, punishment.

Call it a “benevolent dictatorship” if you wish but I doubt a democratic system would work well within a family with three or more children… unless you enjoy fruit loops and chocolate cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I think your analogy misses the mark. What one family member chooses to eat three times a day has no bearing on what everyone else in the family chooses to eat if we all have the free will to chose what we want.

edit on 14-9-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Not necessarily, when you only have 3 cupcakes and one of 3 children eats them all you have two left with free will and nothing to eat.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That wasn't the analogy. NorthOfStuffx2 made it sound like there was a vote on what everyone had to eat. That isn't the case where everyone has free will and an omnipotent parent that can keep his family fed.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I wouldn't let it get me down. Stay safe.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You shouldnt either. Who do you think you are?

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That might have worked if somebody didn't come in a few minutes after my post and acknowledged what I meant by "or else".

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
That might have worked if somebody didn't come in a few minutes after my post and acknowledged what I meant by "or else".

These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. Jude 1:19

They do what they do, it's not our fault.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
They do what they do, it's not our fault.

There is no judgment from me and they, if NorthOfStuffx2 is who you meant, didn't do anything to divide.

They just answered what CoyoteAngels was playing dumb about, "or else you will be punished" is the basic deal between the biblical god and his children.
edit on 15-9-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Hi Dask! I do understand your rebuttal, but I think we have to consider who God was speaking to and what people were doing for Him to tell them to repent and ask for forgiveness. The Old Testament tells that He could not tolerate humans.
and their sinful ways. Good and evil can live together. Were they raping children, participating in bestiality, murdering people? I don't want to derail the thread but maybe the OP is just saying, "it's time to show unity".

Acts 17:30
New International Version
30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RookQueen
I don't want to derail the thread but maybe the OP is just saying, "it's time to show unity".

I do think that is what OP was going for but my comparison is based on this:

...when a participant is able to view aother participant rejecting the authority figure, the compliance with the diktats of that authority figure reduces massively, as people get up the confidence & faith to refuse to follow along with the punishing agenda of the authority figure.

I merely pointed out that, based on my knowledge of the OP's posting history, "that's rich" based on the fact that the faith they profress is based on following along with the punishing agenda of the authority figure, in this case the biblical god.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   

What shall we do with the drunken sailor?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join