It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not saying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
...kill the stupid people, I'm just saying remove all the warning labels and let Nature take it's course.

You've all heard of The One Chip Challenge, right ? For those who haven't, there's a company that makes an insanely hot chip something like a Dorito. The thing is, when they say "hot" they mean HOT.

it's made with Carolina Reaper (1.7 million Scoville units) and Naga Viper (1.4 million Scoville units) peppers.

This is what happens to most that try it.

People have had to call an ambulance over this and be treated for chemical burns to their mouth, tongue and throat.

So of course, what do people do ? They keep trying and putting it on video for attention. There are videos of people screaming, crying, vomiting and collapsing from trying this.....and I don't feel sorry for any of them. Not one bit of sympathy.

They had seen this done. They had seen the results. They did it anyway.

They are now pulling it off the shelves, because a young man died doing this and more and more teens are trying it .

This is the society we live in. People will hurt themselves just to get a few likes on Youtube. This is the equivalent of seeing someone falling off a building and saying "Damn, that guy got messed up.... My Turn !!".
Not long ago it was Tide Pods and then it was pouring rubbing alcohol on yourself and lighting it. Make sure somebody is recording so you can get those views. You're gonna need that money for the medical bills.

Look what a hit "Jackass" was.

If you are that stupid, I'll stand and watch. I may even call an ambulance for you. I will not help you and I will not feel sorry for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Don't get too worked up about it. Nature will take it's course.

I got into hot sauce about 10 years ago. I make the World's Greatest Hot Sauce. (it says so on the label)

But it's about flavor, not heat. I like hot stuff. But fire isn't a flavor.

I've had stupid hot peppers, Carolina reapers, Trinad Scorpions... I kept my composure, but they don't have flavor, the heat obliterates any taste it's pointless.

Good hot sauce tastes good.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I never knew it could cause actual burns, I thought it is mostly the pain receptors firing and maybe then some inflammation of stomach and further down tissue.

Once saw someone pour quarter a bottle of +1mil scoville hot sauce over his steak trying to prove a point to my uncle.

After all the puking, sweating, crying, he fainted. That sauce is supposed to be applied with a toothpick, a drop at a time. He was warned. And he learned.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Right ? Spicy is good when it has flavor, but when it's so hot all you feel is the burn, there's no point to it.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Without all the warnings and safety features that we have today, I am reasonably sure that 80% would not last a month if it were like it was 150 years ago. About 50% would not last a week.

The problem is much like a disinfectant that kills 80% of a bacteria. The remainder is stronger. With humans, all survive and the species gets weaker because of not getting naturally erm... disinfected of the dumb.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Exactly.

If you have a P.O. Box I'll send you a bottle of the next batch.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am reminded of this, for some reason:

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have some of this:

www.daddycoolschillisauce.co.uk...

Tried a tiny bit of it on the end of a teaspoon.

Was like nuclear molten lava. It's still in my fridge staring evils at me.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Look what a hit "Jackass" was.

Jackass was how no talent idiots got famous.

Same idiot principle supplied by you tube.

Tubidiots?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

LMAO

I bookmarked that to go back and read from time to time.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A few things that would have broke the deal for me:

1. $10

2. "One chip challenge" is actually the warning, duh.

3. Some giggle ridden teenager with a camera offering anything

A "Nope" trifecta.

link   

I see it like that too, although I love it when it's so hot that the throat begins to tickle and getting numb, I found there is taste again if you pass that point. When the pain is moving towards the throat away from the mouth and tongue area.

No idea why that is. Maybe I bolt down the extra hot food faster, so it does not have a lot of time to impact the mouth. This all sounds like I take a lot, I just touched the +1 mil sauce one time and that was WAY over the top and burned several times:

When eating, while digesting, while getting rid of it and in the canal workers eyes.

link   
Oh. I forgot. Put some in a Chilli.

I remember now why I forgot about it. Wish I hadn't remembered it now.

Was insanely hot.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dear God! If it's that bad going down I don't even wanna to think about what it must be like when it exits.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wraiths

Put it this way, you'd need to put some loo roll in the fridge. .

If you have piles, may your God, go with you.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You do realize, that chemical weapons, are banned?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wraiths

Read the link that Old Carpy posted. One of those chips, and I quote "wiping your ass with a snow cone"

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
For some laughs
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yep. What's left of it .

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I agree, ive tried a few hot sauces like a blueberry ghost pepper and hot mango habanero. I have a decent tolerance but sauces that are a high level of hot takes out all the flavor. It's just pain

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join