It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yorkshire cops nab autistic teen girl for telling a cop I think she's a lesbian like my nana

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Isn't the saying "discretion is the better part of valor" apropos in this case? Yes it is "technically" against the law, but if we can't use "lesbian" as a descriptive word in this case, is there a word that isn't considered not illegal to use?

So they took a drunk autistic teen home, but it turned into the teen getting arrested for a homophobic slur, telling a cop "I think she's a lesbian, like my nana'." And 5 more bobbies arrive and drag her away, certainly, they have better things to do. Not to mention the obvious

twitter.com...

www.bbc.com...

Police have received a complaint after a woman said her autistic daughter was arrested for saying a female officer "looked like her lesbian nana".

A video uploaded to TikTok by her mother showed the girl being detained by seven officers outside her home in Leeds early on Monday 7 August.

Officers said she was taken home after reports that she was intoxicated and at risk in Leeds city centre.

West Yorkshire Police said the video showed a "limited snapshot" of events.

The incident was filmed by the teenager's mother and posted with the caption: "This is what police do when dealing with autistic children.

"My daughter told me the police officer looked like her nana, who is a lesbian.

"The officer took it the wrong way and said it was a homophobic comment (it wasn't). The officer then entered my home.

edit on 10-8-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Clearly the wrong sort of personalities are being attracted to law enforcement.

Also, clearly the wrong sort of personalities are attracted to becoming politicians and making really really dumb laws.

Regardless, just like in this country, these totalitarian types will eventually get their come uppance. They always do. It may take a couple of generations, but it will happen.

I wonder what the lbgtqlmnop supporters here think? Do you think this police officer is within the law by doing this? Is this what the "straights" get for abusing you for so long as you like to claim, even though as far back as 1990's the vast majority of "straights" were more than willing to defend you and your right to be treated just like anyone else? Is it like a African American thing where all "straights" must be punished for the sins of their fathers?

It sure seems like it to me. Makes alot of "straights" think that they have to reverse things back to pre 1990's. Why dont you fear that? Are you drunk on your own power that you have recently acquired? It sure seems like it.
edit on 10-8-2023 by greendust because: satan

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

This is the world everyone wanted! Should be celebrations in the streets. Had that autistic girl not been arrested, that cop might have went home and killed herself! Silence is violence!

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Sorry to tell you but this is and has been the norm for cops for years. The only difference now is everyone and their mother has a phone to record it on now.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74
a reply to: greendust

Sorry to tell you but this is and has been the norm for cops for years. The only difference now is everyone and their mother has a phone to record it on now.

To me cops are a catch 22. Something society needs to exist that can unfortunately be abused by those on the inside. Not all cops are good, even if the politicians were capable of writing nothing but good law, there would still be abusive and hateful cops.

Unfortunately that is humanity.

However, in this case, over eager beaver politicians wrote some anti discrimination that allows police officers to do just that legally.
Obviously the cop in this case is an asshole, but she probably and sadly has the law on her side.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Welcome to Plod World 2023.

Shame they effed up the prosecution of the Steven Lawrence murderers.

I could say more about that, but cannot.
edit on 10-8-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well...

She does look like one.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is the new normal.

If you don't think as they wish, you will be taken away. This is on it's way to the US as well.
At first they will just prosecute you and send you to prison. Then it will be to special camps for "re-education".

If the left is allowed to "win" the 2024 election (I doubt there will be one) it's over.

Prepare accordingly.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its Yorkshire, more or less all the women look like lesbians down there.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

She has been released on bail pending further enquires.

She hasn't been prosecuted.

Prison?

Doubtful.

Special camps?

Even more doubtful.

They don't exist over here.

Our Government is not left, it's right wing.

But never mind?
edit on 10-8-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You should try Trowbridge Its all beer guts and tattoos. And that's just the women!

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

At least they haven't got the facial hair Yorkshire lasses tend to have.

My older brother lives not far away from Trowbridge.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Policing by consent ?

Haven't seen the girl's nana ... but yeah.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

She has been released on bail pending further enquires.

She hasn't been prosecuted.

Prison?

Doubtful.

Special camps?

Even more doubtful.

They don't exist over here.

Our Government is not left, it's right wing.

But never mind?

Sure, keep telling yourself that as every waking moment of your life is recorded by the State just waiting for the moment they can use it against you.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Is anything I posted not correct?

I prosecute crims and that is just false.

Get real?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why they couldn't leave her at home, tell her Mum, to keep an eye on her, and go back to something else more important?

Isn't a slur more negatively descriptive than, I think she's a lesbian, like my nana?"

Lesbian isn't slang it's the accepted word for the demographic. I could find loads of descriptive words that would be more offensive.

Would a lesbian Bobbie get triggered, if a drunken autistic girl said I think she is heterosexual, like my nana?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My thoughts...

She is 100% lesbian, but she hasn't told her fellow cops because she thinks they would kick her out of their drinking clique. And then she overreacted on the girl.

The kicker, the other cops already know.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Isn't that Conan O'Brian?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Its Yorkshire, more or less all the women look like lesbians down there.

How do you tell who is on what team?

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So the real story is a suspected lesbian cop got pissed and overreacted to something a kid said..

Gotta love a country where that is an arrestable crime...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join