It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid: Ed Dowd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
I am personally convinced that vaccines reduced the risk of hospitalisation amongst those people who would otherwise have been hospitalised. But yeah, otherwise I think you're probably right.

btw I got vaccinated because the more people who were vaccinated the less would get seriously ill and the sooner we'd get out of lockdown. I did it for purely selfish reasons!

So the one thing we all can agree on was how badly the liberals F'ed up the message and how horrendous were their Draconian responses.

The vaccine should have been advertised as the best solution for the old and vulnerable. Once we vaccinated those groups we were basically done, but the left pushed it all on to everyone no matter what event, and that is really the big failure here.

Vaccines didn't slow down the spread as suggested, but they lowered the chances for a serious reaction that the old and vulnerable groups really needed while everyone else did not so much. So what we are seeing is there are some groups of people, mainly young, that have had issues with the vaccine while the actual virus would have been nothing to them. Its a two edge sword here and many that didn't need the vaccine are getting cut with the other edge of that sword.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I refused the death jab. Had covid ONCE, obtained natural immunity, never had it again.

I win.

So you only have had one flu or cold in your life...lol

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Most of the unvaxxed I know haven't caught COVID (16 in my family alone). However, everyone I know that's been vaxxed have "caught" COVID, multiple times. Even a few deaths, from COVID (also vaxxed).

It's such a random event that we know with or without the vacs you can get it, and get it over and over. Each variant has been rather different in the infection rate and level of illness too.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I still don't know a single unvaccinated person that tested positive more than once. I've even been asking here, on ATS.

Anyone here, that refused the vax, catch COVID multiple times?

Raise your hand, if you are UNVACCINATED and tested positive for COVID more than once.

I only know 2 people that caught COVID, who were NOT vaxxed and both had to be tested to know they had it. Neither had it again.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Regulators in Europe say getting too many COVID-19 booster shots may actually weaken your immune response.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

I have had it once....19 months ago.
I didn't do a test but when my taste and smell completely disappeared the Christmas before last, I knew what it was.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I still don't know a single unvaccinated person that tested positive more than once. I've even been asking here, on ATS.

Anyone here, that refused the vax, catch COVID multiple times?

Raise your hand, if you are UNVACCINATED and tested positive for COVID more than once.

I only know 2 people that caught COVID, who were NOT vaxxed and both had to be tested to know they had it. Neither had it again.

I was vax and caught COVID later and was sick for 2 days. Everyone that works for me that didn't get vacced had COVID for 10 days or so, nasty stuff for them. The only people I know to have died of COVID were on my wife's side of the family in the PI and it kind of cleaned house there before the vaccine, so who knows, but stay in your little bubble of truth.

As I said it also depends on the variant, we got lucky with omicron as it wasn't much of anything compared to the first one that was ravaging the old and vulnerable.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Any of them (the unvaxxed) catch it more than once?

As far as the person that died? Was it during the time the hospitals were treating the unvaccinated differently from the vaccinated? Because that was happening here, in my state!!!

Who are all these unvaccinated people that died? I know zero and I'm not exactly young.
edit on 2-8-2023 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Regulators in Europe say getting too many COVID-19 booster shots may actually weaken your immune response.

Maybe, who knows... I don't typically get an annual flu shot. When Covid came out it was a totally new virus, so no one had any immunization for it. This was the critical part to get something for the old and vulnerable since it was new and they would get hit the hardest. I have had many colds/flues in my life too, some small, some nasty. I don't know why people suggest COVID is any different.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Maybe, who knows... I don't typically get an annual flu shot. When Covid came out it was a totally new virus, so no one had any immunization for it. This was the critical part to get something for the old and vulnerable since it was new and they would get hit the hardest. I have had many colds/flues in my life too, some small, some nasty. I don't know why people suggest COVID is any different.

We were told, over and over, COVID is NOT a flu virus.

It's also not "considered" a cold, either. Know why? Because, we don't vaccinate for colds.

So, if it's not a flu (which have vaccines that are changed, depending on variants) and it's not a cold, what is it?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Bill Gates says it's like flu.....but a little bit different.

There's a great tiktoc vid titled bill gates says covids not that deadly.

edit on 2-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Bill Gates says it's like flu.....but a little bit different.

"Dr." Gates?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Any of them (the unvaxxed) catch it more than once?

As far as the person that died? Was it during the time the hospitals were treating the unvaccinated differently from the vaccinated? Because that was happening here, in my state!!!

We do know some things now looking back.

1. Those that died were before the vaccine, so no...We did figure out that the treatment wasn't good either at first and people were dying that didn't need to die. The main deal was to keep people out of the hospital in the first place, and what drove that was a serious drop in O2 as the virus devastated people's air sacs if they were sick longer than like 10 days and their bodies were not getting over it.

2. The vast majority of the sick in hospitals were unvacced. I followed this extremely close between my two states, so I kept it at the state level. We are talking 90%+ here too. This tells us the vaccine did help people to stay out of the hospitals and that is all they should have pushed as a point. Give the old and vulnerable a better chance to not need a hospital.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

We were told, over and over, COVID is NOT a flu virus.

It's also not "considered" a cold, either. Know why? Because, we don't vaccinate for colds.

So, if it's not a flu (which have vaccines that are changed, depending on variants) and it's not a cold, what is it?

Its a virus...period...

We were told a ton of crap... So go shoot the messengers, not me. We do not vaccinate for colds because we can't unless we put 1000 variants in the vaccine. As to the flu we do, but it is a crapshoot to pick like 3 variants they think might be the most dominant, it is a hit-or-miss event every year.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

How long after your shot are you considered unvaxed?

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I remember hearing that people went to hospital for something other than covid and were tested on admission and were found to be covid positive.....they weren't all in hospital because of covid.

edit on 2-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How long after your shot are you considered unvaxed?

Most likely when the next big variant comes along, but I think for most if you got it or had the vac you have some residual immunization that can help later with other varients. In the beginning, this was a totally new one, and that is what freaked people out the most I think. Now we should just treat it like a cold or flu.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I did.
First time was really bad, with losing my smell and taste, out for 3 days.

Second time, just felt like the flu, but tested anyway, per boss request.

No vax, and never will.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I remember hearing that people went to hospital for something other than covid and were tested on admission and were found to be covid positive.....they weren't all in hospital because of covid.

Maybe, but the percentages were very high either way. Most hospitals shut their doors to only COVID patients, so most there were because of low O2 levels, and they were mostly unvacced at the time. How that all plays out today with new variants, who knows.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Didn't they treat people who had car accidents? Or broken bones? Or heart attacks?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join