It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter's rival Threads goes full on censorship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Must be a platform owned by a person (or people) who idolize past and present world dictators.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So I used the old, outdated definition of hermaphrodite, which was based on genitalia, not sexual function. I stand corrected. Does it make the fact that such an intersex person (the newer term for what used to be commonly but biologically erroneously referred to as a hermaphrodite) may still have confusion on his/her sex and gender identity invalid? No.

I don't know if you finally just did some research on the subject on account of my goading you, or if you already knew about such matters, but never bothered discussing them robustly before, but I applaud your engagement in your reply to me.

Yes, I remember us having a similar discussion on hermaphrodites once, and I provided a link to an article, and never got back to that part of our conversation. Well, I checked back on said reference:

True Hermaphrodite: A Case Report

True hermaphrodite is one of the rarest variety of disorders of sexual differentiation (DSD) and represents only 5% cases of all.

True hermaphrodite or ovo-testicular disorder of sexual differentiation (OVO-DSD) is one of the rarest variety of all inter sex anomalies. In about 90% of cases, patients have 46 XX karyotype. Rarely, 46 XY/46 XX mosaicism may occur. There have been reports of 46 XY karyotype [1].

After counseling with the parents it was planned to rear this child as male due to predominant male phenotype. The persistent Mullerian structures were excised and sent for histopathology. Biopsy was taken from Right testicle in order to find any dysgenesis or ovotesticular tissue. Biopsy report confirmed ovary, fallopian tube and uterus on left side. Right testicular biopsy showed normal histology with semineferous tubules without any dysgenesis or ovarian tissue.

I'm not a medical doctor, but this case report seems to contradict what the ISNA website claims.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

So I used the old, outdated definition of hermaphrodite, which was based on genitalia, not sexual function. I stand corrected. Does it make the fact that such an intersex person (the newer term for what used to be commonly but biologically erroneously referred to as a hermaphrodite) may still have confusion on his/her sex and gender identity invalid? No.

I don't know if you finally just did some research on the subject on account of my goading you, or if you already knew about such matters, but never bothered discussing them robustly before, but I applaud your engagement in your reply to me.

Yes, I remember us having a similar discussion on hermaphrodites once, and I provided a link to an article, and never got back to that part of our conversation. Well, I checked back on said reference:

True Hermaphrodite: A Case Report

True hermaphrodite is one of the rarest variety of disorders of sexual differentiation (DSD) and represents only 5% cases of all.

True hermaphrodite or ovo-testicular disorder of sexual differentiation (OVO-DSD) is one of the rarest variety of all inter sex anomalies. In about 90% of cases, patients have 46 XX karyotype. Rarely, 46 XY/46 XX mosaicism may occur. There have been reports of 46 XY karyotype [1].

After counseling with the parents it was planned to rear this child as male due to predominant male phenotype. The persistent Mullerian structures were excised and sent for histopathology. Biopsy was taken from Right testicle in order to find any dysgenesis or ovotesticular tissue. Biopsy report confirmed ovary, fallopian tube and uterus on left side. Right testicular biopsy showed normal histology with semineferous tubules without any dysgenesis or ovarian tissue.

I'm not a medical doctor, but this case report seems to contradict what the ISNA website claims.

True hermaphrodism is an intersex condition.

Human hermaphrodites don't exist.

I'm not a medical doctor, but this case report seems to contradict what the ISNA website claims

That's what happens when you don't read and do surface searching on online websites. There is some difference I believe between accessing information and having knowledge.

Btw ISNA stands for intersex society of north america. They know what intersex is and whether there are human hermaphrodites.

But ask yourself can humans get pregnant and impregnate others? That's physically impossible.

From my link

Is a person who is intersex a hermaphrodite?
No. The mythological term “hermaphrodite” implies that a person is both fully male and fully female. This is a physiologic impossibility.

My answer

The genetic condition you're referring to and has nothing to do with gender or gender identity is known as intersex. This is a genetic disorder affecting both genetically male and female humans resulting in a discrepancy between external and internal genitalia. A very serious medical condition in other words.

I wonder what will happen if I was to state facts on Threads. Maybe a suspension of my account? Intersex conditions are used a lot by the trans agenda but thankfully intersex people have made it clear they want nothing to do with this ideology.
edit on 16-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Even from a basic searxg

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=There%20are%20no%20hermaphroditic%20species,occur%20on%20the%20same%20plant.

A hermaphrodite (/hərˈmæfrəˌdaɪt/) is a sexually reproducing organism that produces both male and female gametes.[1] Animal species in which individuals are of different sexes, either male or female but not both, are gonochoric, which is the opposite of hermaphroditic.[2]

A rough estimate of the number of hermaphroditic animal species is 65,000, about 5% of all animal species, or 33% excluding insects. Insects are almost exclusively gonochoric, and no definitive cases of hermaphroditism have been demonstrated in this group.[4] There are no hermaphroditic species among mammals[5] or birds.[6]

There are no mammal hermaphrodites.
Basic biology known to a grade9 student. You don't need to be a doctor to know this fact. I am sure Threads may find this offensive and suspend accounts.

To your question, yes I know about these conditions and have a relevant background.

Now if I was to state facts on Threads I would have my account suspended...

edit on 16-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
@AB, still waiting for you to address the matter of increased political censorship by Musk's Twitter in foreign countries.

As for word definitions, I go by dictionaries, rather than by my own belief system. Hence I maintain that there is a distinction between gender and sex, although they are obviously related.

As for gender dysphoria and transexualism,

The term “transgender” refers to a person whose sex assigned at birth (i.e. the sex assigned at birth, usually based on external genitalia) does not align their gender identity (i.e., one’s psychological sense of their gender). Some people who are transgender will experience “gender dysphoria,” which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between one’s sex assigned at birth and one’s gender identity. Though gender dysphoria often begins in childhood, some people may not experience it until after puberty or much later.

People who are transgender may pursue multiple domains of gender affirmation, including social affirmation (e.g., changing one’s name and pronouns), legal affirmation (e.g., changing gender markers on one’s government-issued documents), medical affirmation (e.g., pubertal suppression or gender-affirming hormones), and/or surgical affirmation (e.g., vaginoplasty, facial feminization surgery, breast augmentation, masculine chest reconstruction, etc.). Of note, not all people who are transgender will desire all domains of gender affirmation, as these are highly personal and individual decisions.

It is important to note that gender identity is different from gender expression. Whereas gender identity refers to one’s psychological sense of their gender, gender expression refers to the way in which one presents to the world in a gendered way. For example, in much of the U.S., wearing a dress is considered a “feminine” gender expression, and wearing a tuxedo is considered a “masculine” gender expression. Such expectations are culturally defined and vary across time and culture. One’s gender expression does not necessarily align with their gender identity. Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder.

Gender identity is also different from sexual orientation. Sexual orientation refers to the types of people towards which one is sexually attracted. As with people who are cisgender (people whose sex assigned at birth aligns with their gender identity), people who are transgender have a diverse range of sexual orientations.

What is Gender Dysphoria?

So my equating of gender dysphoria with transexualism was incorrect, although transexualism is the final result for some sufferers of gender dysphoria. Now does transexualism mean a person changes their biological sex to the other sex? No, of course not. Perhaps some transexual activists and their allies do, but it is a ridiculous claim. Nonetheless we as a culture use the term transexual to be a person who is in some stage of changing their gender identity. Yeah, I know, you reject the term gender identity. Too bad. It is a legitimate phrase to describe how a person identifies their own gender, and gender has indeed come to mean something different than sex, on account of medical procedures that have allowed people to change their apparent sexual physiology. And because of the spectrum in gender dysphoria, it also has come to mean people who may only dress and identify with a gender different from that of society's expectations. This has come to be the commonly understood working definition of gender, whether you and others like it or not.

I really don't understand the problem that you and others have with this modern differentiation between sex and gender. We need some terminology to describe people who identify as being of the opposite sex that they were born with, and it seems gender is a good term to use for this. Would you be happier if some alternative word or longer-winded term was used instead? And if so, how would it actually descriptively relate to gender or sex?

But back to the topic at hand. You attack Thread's content moderation, including that on gender ideologies (I maintain there are two gender ideologies, one you adhere to and the one I support. Yet you continue to refuse to engage in the matter of Twitter's increased kowtowing to foreign governments to censor political speech (and in this I mean matters having to do with political matters other than gender ideology) under Musk's reign.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
@AB, still waiting for you to address the matter of increased political censorship by Musk's Twitter in foreign countries.

As for word definitions, I go by dictionaries, rather than by my own belief system. Hence I maintain that there is a distinction between gender and sex, although they are obviously related.

As for gender dysphoria and transexualism,

The term “transgender” refers to a person whose sex assigned at birth (i.e. the sex assigned at birth, usually based on external genitalia) does not align their gender identity (i.e., one’s psychological sense of their gender). Some people who are transgender will experience “gender dysphoria,” which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between one’s sex assigned at birth and one’s gender identity. Though gender dysphoria often begins in childhood, some people may not experience it until after puberty or much later.

People who are transgender may pursue multiple domains of gender affirmation, including social affirmation (e.g., changing one’s name and pronouns), legal affirmation (e.g., changing gender markers on one’s government-issued documents), medical affirmation (e.g., pubertal suppression or gender-affirming hormones), and/or surgical affirmation (e.g., vaginoplasty, facial feminization surgery, breast augmentation, masculine chest reconstruction, etc.). Of note, not all people who are transgender will desire all domains of gender affirmation, as these are highly personal and individual decisions.

It is important to note that gender identity is different from gender expression. Whereas gender identity refers to one’s psychological sense of their gender, gender expression refers to the way in which one presents to the world in a gendered way. For example, in much of the U.S., wearing a dress is considered a “feminine” gender expression, and wearing a tuxedo is considered a “masculine” gender expression. Such expectations are culturally defined and vary across time and culture. One’s gender expression does not necessarily align with their gender identity. Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder.

Gender identity is also different from sexual orientation. Sexual orientation refers to the types of people towards which one is sexually attracted. As with people who are cisgender (people whose sex assigned at birth aligns with their gender identity), people who are transgender have a diverse range of sexual orientations.

What is Gender Dysphoria?

So my equating of gender dysphoria with transexualism was incorrect, although transexualism is the final result for some sufferers of gender dysphoria. Now does transexualism mean a person changes their biological sex to the other sex? No, of course not. Perhaps some transexual activists and their allies do, but it is a ridiculous claim. Nonetheless we as a culture use the term transexual to be a person who is in some stage of changing their gender identity. Yeah, I know, you reject the term gender identity. Too bad. It is a legitimate phrase to describe how a person identifies their own gender, and gender has indeed come to mean something different than sex, on account of medical procedures that have allowed people to change their apparent sexual physiology. And because of the spectrum in gender dysphoria, it also has come to mean people who may only dress and identify with a gender different from that of society's expectations. This has come to be the commonly understood working definition of gender, whether you and others like it or not.

I really don't understand the problem that you and others have with this modern differentiation between sex and gender. We need some terminology to describe people who identify as being of the opposite sex that they were born with, and it seems gender is a good term to use for this. Would you be happier if some alternative word or longer-winded term was used instead? And if so, how would it actually descriptively relate to gender or sex?

But back to the topic at hand. You attack Thread's content moderation, including that on gender ideologies (I maintain there are two gender ideologies, one you adhere to and the one I support. Yet you continue to refuse to engage in the matter of Twitter's increased kowtowing to foreign governments to censor political speech (and in this I mean matters having to do with political matters other than gender ideology) under Musk's reign.

Sex isn't assigned at birth.
There are more things you need to start reading. Sex isn't a matter of relative views and it's not decided but is determined by chromosomes. You can find the sex of a baby long before it is born when you're pregnant by using ultrasounds.

I am sure Threads will have an issue if the word assigned is not used. Part of the gender ideology.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Transsexualism refers to a condition or belief which results in gender dysphoria in individuals and makes them insist that their biological gender is different from their psychological and experienced gender

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Actually the reporting of such censoring is up because Musk took over. Twitter, Facebook and Google always complied when a foreign government cited it's own laws for takedown notices in the past. Now we get to discuss it more openly because a non aligned person bought Twitter, so now the cabal media claims it's worse under him because they want you to denigrate him like Trump.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Some people who are transgender will experience “gender dysphoria,” which refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between one’s sex assigned at birth and one’s gender identity. Though gender dysphoria often begins in childhood, some people may not experience it until after puberty or much later.

At least they got one thing right in this paragraph apart from the 'sex assigned at birth' and 'gender identity'.

Gender dysphoria is a mental health issue resulting in psychological distress.

If you were to state this on some platforms then you could be in trouble.

Going to the other expression, gender affirmation, do you really think gender can be affirmed and verified?! It's like saying yes to people who have psychological issues and try to affirm their misperceptions. This kind of talk isn't really allowed on other platforms. On twitter is fine.

Gender affirmation care

An expression used for giving people hormones and cosmetic surgeries. Both hormones and surgeries are dangerous for someone's health and well being.

The above realisation 'cosmetic surgery' will be considered offensive in platforms like Threads.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_seeking#Causes

Risk factors leading to attention seeking behavior include loneliness, jealousy, low self-esteem, narcissism, rejection, and self-pity.[7] A desire for validation is theorised as a motivation for attention seeking behavior.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Actually the reporting of such censoring is up because Musk took over. Twitter, Facebook and Google always complied when a foreign government cited it's own laws for takedown notices in the past. Now we get to discuss it more openly because a non aligned person bought Twitter, so now the cabal media claims it's worse under him because they want you to denigrate him like Trump.

No, it's up because it's up. The article I first linked to on this matter said that 50% of requests by foreign governments to censor tweets were fulfilled by pre-Musk Twiiter, whereas that percentage is up to 83% under Musk.

Here are two articles documenting this.

Twitter fulfilling more government censorship requests under Musk

Under Elon Musk, Twitter has approved 83% of censorship requests by authoritarian governments

It's not about it only being talked about now because Musk owns it. It is being reported because Musk claimed he is all for free speech, and he and his cultists have complained about the censorship on Twitter before he bought it, yet now under "Mr. Free Speech" there is more political censorship of tweets. If there weren't, it wouldn't be a story.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As an avid user of social media platforms, I have been closely following the recent developments regarding Twitter's rival, Threads, and its approach to content moderation. It's disheartening to witness any platform embracing heavy-handed censorship. While moderation is necessary to maintain a safe environment, an excessive restriction on free expression can hinder healthy discussions. Finding a balance between user safety and free speech remains crucial for any social media platform's success.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

As long as Musk keeps the US free to speak its fine,since other nations do not have the 1st amendment like we do.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I cannot speculate to his state of mind with regard to foreign governments takedown notices other than to assume that with an increasing number of governments around the world codifying censorship of political speech and social topics since the scamdemic the current Twitter board is simply complying with laws in foreign lands in an effort to maintain a presence in that market as failure to do so would likely see them become inaccessible there.

I personally would just ignore the government request and accept being shut out of those markets, but I do not own Twitter so I cannot make that financial decision.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I cannot speculate to his state of mind with regard to foreign governments takedown notices other than to assume that with an increasing number of governments around the world codifying censorship of political speech and social topics since the scamdemic the current Twitter board is simply complying with laws in foreign lands in an effort to maintain a presence in that market as failure to do so would likely see them become inaccessible there.

I personally would just ignore the government request and accept being shut out of those markets, but I do not own Twitter so I cannot make that financial decision.

I think your analysis is correct. I just think it is hypocritical of Musk to claim that Twitter is all about free speech when in fact it isn't.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

As long as Musk keeps the US free to speak its fine,since other nations do not have the 1st amendment like we do.

Except free speech isn't guaranteed on private media in the US. And Twitter under Musk seems to be swinging the pendulum the other way, to wit:

Several prominent antifascist organizers and journalists have had their accounts suspended in the past week, after right-wing operatives appealed directly to Musk to ban them and far-right internet trolls flooded Twitter’s complaints system with false reports about terms of service violations.

As the Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin noted on Twitter, the suspended users include Chad Loder, an antifascist researcher whose open-source investigation of the U.S. Capitol riot led to the identification and arrest of a masked Proud Boy who attacked police officers. The account of video journalist Vishal Pratap Singh, who reports on far-right protests in Southern California, has also been suspended.

Among the other prominent accounts suspended were the Elm Fork John Brown Gun Club, an antifascist group that provides armed security for LGBTQ+ events in North Texas, and CrimethInc, an anarchist collective that has published and distributed anarchist and anti-authoritarian zines, books, posters, and podcasts since the mid-1990s.

All four accounts had been singled out for criticism by Andy Ngo, a far-right writer whose conspiratorial, error-riddled reporting on left-wing protests and social movements has fueled the mass delusion that antifa is not just a handful of small antifascist groups that counter right-wing threats, which it is, but a shadow army of domestic terrorists, which it is not. Musk is apparently among those who have mistaken Ngo’s largely fictional reporting for fact. In a public exchange on Twitter on Friday, Musk invited Ngo to report “Antifa accounts” that should be suspended directly to him.

LEFT-WING VOICES ARE SILENCED ON TWITTER AS FAR-RIGHT TROLLS ADVISE ELON MUSK

I honestly don't know to what extent this is still happening; however, it seems a lot of people and groups that don't care for Musk's Twitter paradigm have moved elsewhere so it isn't as big of an issue now with various Twitter alternatives.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Maybe people really are waking up?

Thread use

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Maybe people really are waking up?

Thread use

Yes!

They're woke and there is a risk they'll go broke if they continue to censor and silence users for political views. But really good the numbers of active users halved in just a week.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join