It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin Shows Off Mysterious Aircraft, Igniting Speculation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There's some interesting math done on the shape. This may be something rather interesting.

Looks to me like they're going back to something like the F-104 philosophy of air superiority, except with stealth, super cruise, and 360 degree situational awareness added. Doesn't look like WFR combat maneuvering is expected to play a significant role.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

They've been saying for years that F-22 type maneuverability is going to be gone in NGAD. It's going to be a big bastard, with extremely long range, and a good combat payload, among other things. The early estimated size was somewhere between a Raptor and Raider.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It’s actually ushering in new navigation systems that are taking them away from being reliant on satellite navigation. There are satellite protection plans but they’re going to be a little ways off.

I'm guessing to avoid issues involving EMP and other satellite killers?

Which brings me to a question: If (when) WWIII or some other major engagement commence, how are we going to deal with the above? Can we?

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

a reply to: 1947boomer

They've been saying for years that F-22 type maneuverability is going to be gone in NGAD. It's going to be a big bastard, with extremely long range, and a good combat payload, among other things. The early estimated size was somewhere between a Raptor and Raider.

Makes sense, actually. The Biden administration has been signing a lot of agreements lately with various nations in the Western Pacific for military basing rights. Papua, New Guinea and the Philippines come to mind. Those bases could theoretically put the Taiwan Straights within range, given a big enough and fast enough aircraft.

posted on Jul, 5 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

There's been a lot of GPS denial training going on lately, expanding into huge areas, along with quite a few new technologies being tested. A magnetic navigation system using AI was tested in May, and worked well. In addition Northrop is developing the EGI-M, which still requires GPS, but will allow it to be used in GPS denied and GPS contested environments. The Space Force is launching GPS III/IIIF are more accurate, by up to three times, and able to resist jamming significantly better (8x improvement) over the previous satellites. Any major war involving ASATs will take time to kill satellites, allowing at least initial strikes to get through using GPS. After GPS goes down, aircraft have INS still. It isn't as accurate over long distances, but it worked just fine for decades before GPS came along.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It appears to have twin jet nozzles and is very aerodynamic. Does not appear to be any Alien influence there.

How does a design like that have enough room to store adequate fuel? Those wings do not look like they could store much, but we need to see a cross-section.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Japanese have been testing a cosmic ray based navigation, too:

arstechnica.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: grey580

Back engineered alien stuff finally being shown to the public.

Could just be the US catching up in the hyper-sonic department.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   

SoOP/NAVSOP must be pretty good by now too?

As the number of potential sources increases- along with the distributed computational capability- would be very hard to defeat.
BAE's approach was talking about using whatever was jamming GPS as one of the potential navigational aids.

edit on 6-7-2023 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

The Japanese have been testing a cosmic ray based navigation, too:

arstechnica.com...

Very impressive technology.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

As videoed over the Hartwell Georgia region, South Carolina border on May 4, 2018. This enhanced image was sent to me by The Black Vault to confirm I am seeing a triangle.

Yes I am along with an ionized atmosphere around the craft. The black dots on the object are gravity amplifier's. Suckers can fly right into space
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I have yet to see the triangle lights craft others have seen hovering or flying overhead. i might have seen one of those tic tac craft. I was watching a passing jet overhead flying into clouds. I always check for chemtrails when I'm outside. But behind this jet and off to the side was a small white orb. No chemtrail. It may have been a small jet moving at a greater speed and was much farther away making my perception of it incorrect. But it looked to be following the jet and paralleling it and then disappeared into the clouds. This was 10 years ago.
Then one night April 1st, 10 years ago maybe. 10:20 PM, I had the dog outside. I looked up and saw what I first thought was a shooting star given its speed. Moving east to west. Only it wasn't a streak of light and I could make out for a second that there were two lights, one bigger one and then a smaller one directly behind it very close. Close enough to have been on one object. And it wasn't quite fast enough to be a shooting star and seemed to be gaining in altitude and speed. Then it was gone, like it cloaked or jumped to light speed. I reported that to the local airport VIA email but never heard anything back and nobody else reported anything. I've seen drones and chinese lanterns and they look odd. But there's no speed with them and true UFOs are either moving or more than just lights and appear to be actual craft.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A conversation that was overheard in a Lockheed cafeteria. "Interesting image. What is it?" "Something my kid had on his 3D printer". Long laughter followed by "That's mean." "Yep. That will keep those airplane freaks busy for a few weeks."

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be nice if he who shall not be named was telling the truth.

When that floats out the hanger for its first flight......

ATS will melt. Twice.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's rather annoying to me that the ad which Lockheed ran in March, showing a sneak peek at this aircraft, resorted or stooped to having three women walking through the hangar talking about glass ceilings and whatnot.

If these women were involved in the creation of an aircraft like this, boiling it down to a gender role thing is so demeaning and belittling. It is downright amazing regardless of gender, and it takes all the amazing details away when you dumb it down that much. That's what this whole race/gender BS has done in every aspect, but they went too far this time and showed their hand I think.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anyone remembering me babbling about a green triangle back in 2017?
Went back to refresh my memory & day-ummmm!!!

Thanks Gray580!!
Pretty sure mysteries solved.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

About a decade ago one of these aviation giants had an advert on TV , it might have been super bowl halftime even but I might be wrong there and I can't remember which company it was - but I remember the ad, it was a progression from Wright brothers up to modern day aircraft, and after the F-22 or whatever, after the last known craft a huge triangular shadow appears and essentially it's hinting that the next craft which already exists is a huge triangle airframe.

I love jets, but they're obsolete in truth - if only these craft were not behind a secrecy "paywall"!

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

It was a Northrop Super Bowl commercial showing off the Raider under a tarp. It was in 2015. It started with the XB-35, then the B-2, then the X-47B, then the B-21 under a tarp.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That’s the cool thing about physics. It has an absolute coffin factor no matter which way you go in our current physical realm .

Extreme conditions will kill the occupants. Should be on a Patch.

Titan was a joke in comparison.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

They will, but they aren't going to see those extreme factors in 99% of aircraft flights. And the 1% generally will get through. They've had to develop some new technologies to get around them though. Saying it proved challenging and problematical is an understatement of a huge order.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join