It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Cuts Ties With Tucker Carlson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I read mine these days for the most part, and hubs podcasts. But most people are tuned in. This represents the consolidation of broadcast back into one voice.

Lemon was just an idiot who has done one too many questionable things. His scalp is an easy one to make a show of parity in this case.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Fox announces replacement show...

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Immediate thought:

I remember 20 years ago there was this on point syndicated radio host. He took his own position regardless of political affiliation. Then he left radio syndication to join Fox News and lost all his journalistic integrity. His opinions went more sensationalist, and he ended up a far cry from his radio show. RIP Glenn Beck of 20 years ago.

Fox obviously encouraged the style of reporting Carlson banked on as evidence by Glenn Beck's trajectory. This is some haphazard saving face routine now that they've been hit for 787 million dollar penalty for the sensationalist approach.

Now they have just canceled X Files in 1995. They're going to take a huge revenue hit because the demographic their sensationalist media fostered are going to revolt.

Prediction: Fox News endorses Ron DeSantis as they purge their own "Trumpism", they'll still decry Biden, but pivot on a few ratings oriented things.

A 787 million dollar judgment represents a huge portion of their "net income" of 1.5 billion (in 2022). While they'll make it back, this is a relatiatory/face saving move because the law won. Don't want to say scapegoat, but...
edit on 24-4-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Enjoy the Red Herrings 😁

Some people just have bad taste, they think its caviar!

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He can't work at Fox while he runs for president.
dun, dun, dunn

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: loam

They should co-host a show. Since they both just tell people whatever they want.

Lol, i revival of crossfire. Full circle.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is the speech that got Tucker cancelled.

It is not about Dominion.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I laughed but this also made me uncomfortable....

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Gutfeld?

It would be interesting if they wipe the slate clean.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
He could retire now and be fine, but I'm betting he'll come up with a podcast or something. Seems to be the usual MO for the talking heads.

The estimated net worth of Tucker Carlson is $520 million dollars. Considered one of the highest-paid media executives in the world, Tucker Carlson earns an estimated $41 million annual salary from Fox News.

That or he will team up with another person that sold their soul to the devil. Glen Beck has already made a call out to him. He said on his platform that he and Tucker together can bring down the house, and asked Tucker to come to him.

Tucker has served his purpose, and he did his job well. Tucker had a role to play. Where they are headed now, Tucker would never be able to pull it off, because his base would never be able to follow him and hold on to the image that rallied them around him in the first place.

520 millions dollars he was getting to do what he did well. He played his flute and the targeted masses followed.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
When life gives you Don Lemons,

Make a Tucker Carlson.

CNN and Fox, slit their own throats. But why?

Now that Tucker is no longer at Fox, I just may make the effort to watch him.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

He can Now go on the Alex Jones Show on Banned.Video . I Predict Tucker Will have his Own YouTube Channel and Maybe even his Own Radio Show . Best thing to have Ever happened to Him leaving FOX IMO .

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Tucker was pretty outspoken, even though we all know he was on a leash. It will be interesting to see what he has to say untethered.

Untethered?

He like the others are bought and paid for. He will continue to do as told. Tucker is still owned. They may have changed his playhouse, but he is still under their control.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: shooterbrody

They may be trying to avoid future payouts of almost a billion.

Not that it matters. I've already heard that Fox has lost $1 billion in market share value just in the last few hours.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
Firing the host of your most watched program will do that.
That was kind of my point but it was not grasped.

edit on 24/4/2023 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Tucker did the unforgivable.

www.npr.org...

He mocked Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Is there anyone with a public voice that isn't "owned"?

Serious question.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join