It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it will look like when TSHTF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I love this scene sooo much. SO MUCH Tens Stars for this clip!!
This is EXACTLY how it will go down.

I mentioned it before, the best prepping is not how many rolls of toilet paper, or
The thickest walls.

The best prepping anyone can do is the knowledge they have in their head, and their sheer will.
edit on 10-2-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Great scene - really makes a person think.

Something I think needs to be kept in mind is this: When it hits, it will be quick. That first hour will be most critical. Know your plan well.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ummm...BOOM...tssshhh...

Precisely...people will wither and die...because they lack the knowledge for self defense...foraging...gardening...hunting/fishing...medical care...etc...etc...etc...

It's primarily about the knowledge...with that you can create the tools necessary for survival...providing you haven't procured them from the get go...

Also...have a plan...and a backup plan...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

LOL,

Yes, exactly.

I would also like to add, the same deadbeats will talk about sharing resources which means they want "Your Resources, Food, Etc. Because they have jack $hit.

The BMW was more important that a year's worth of food.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I can survive, but my kids and grandkids are screwed because they believe they know enough but in essence they haven't a clue. They rely on the internet to get info, I expect that to be gone almost immediately.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The clip I played is just a small snipped. The longer one shows them berating her for being a toilet cleaner on the yacht.
She asked where is the yacht now.

Maybe this is what is meant by the Meek will inherit the earth???

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well....

What did it look like when TSHF just three years ago?

A large part of society froze, unable to grasp the fact that something so major had actually happened.

Many panicked, and rushed to buy stupid things like water and toilet paper.

Many more simply could not believe than anything had happened at all, that it was just a big hoax, that "everything needs to just get back to normal".

Many, many more found out that they weren't as prepared for the reality of a SHF event as they thought themselves to be. And a lot of them are still dealing with the stress and trauma of having experienced one.

When TSHF, when what you believed to be the way the world is, and always will be, changes in an instant, and forever,

It's not so much what you have, or even what you know how to do...

It's whether or not you can recognize, and accept, the new circumstances you find yourself confronting.

Whether or not you have a mindset that can "Roll with the Punches".

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The clip I played is just a small snipped. The longer one shows them berating her for being a toilet cleaner on the yacht.
She asked where is the yacht now.

Maybe this is what is meant by the Meek will inherit the earth???

Wow, yes...

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes and no. No one will survive long on their own. The odds of knowing and being capable of every task needed to survive in a post apocalypse is about zero. We all have skills and will need to pool them, also resources. Trust will be key. Those unwilling to help get nothing but in the end any group that doesn't share equally will disintegrate.
I have decades of experience in survival skills but physically can't go out and set a trap line. I can teach others to make traps. They can leave me behind but I know hundreds of edible plants and how to process them. It won't be easy, that's for damn sure.
edit on 10-2-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The best prepping anyone can do is the knowledge they have in their head, and their sheer will.

I agree, but you better have a plan where you head to a location with others you can trust. There is no small group survival going to happen here. I have friends deeper in the hills that have plans for XX families to gather if needed, most are prior spec ops type people.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Yes and no. No one will survive long on their own. The odds of knowing and being capable of every task needed to survive in a post apocalypse is about zero. We all have skills and will need to pool them, also resources. Trust will be key. Those unwilling to help get nothing but in the end any group that doesn't share equally will disintegrate.
I have decades of experience in survival skills but physically can't go out and set a trap line. I can teach others to make traps. They can leave me behind but I know hundreds of edible plants and how to process them. It won't be easy, that's for damn sure.

I totally agree with this.

I also think that there are some people that will just be seen as "eaters" that won't have a lot of value to the group.
As brutal as it sounds, some of these people will be the elderly, the sickly, the overweight, the ones on a lot of medications.
A lot of people will die pretty quickly if something like an EMP really occurs.

There will be a lot of mental breakdown too. As someone mentioned the Covid lockdowns. Sure it was scary but for the most part a lot of us just got to stay home with electricity, food and all modern comforts AND people still had mental breakdowns. There are marriages that are still breaking up

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

One thing that is wrong with this clip..

Not all poor people know how to survive, and not all rich people are ignorant to survival.
Some rich people got there from survival from bottom up.

I do think that the power play between everyone where all is lost will be interesting.
When people have nothing to lose, and when everyone starts at a level playing field things DO change!

Usually the young have the upper hand because they have physical strength and health. This is the first time in history where I think that is actually gone. A lot of youngsters are weak and can't survive without technology as they were born into it. It will take a while for them to snap out of it.

It's not all doom and gloom. A lot of good could come from this type of situation. People would lose weight. Some illnesses caused by excess would dissappear, like type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
People would have to form alliances pretty quick.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...BOOM...tssshhh...

Precisely...people will wither and die...because they lack the knowledge for self defense...foraging...gardening...hunting/fishing...medical care...etc...etc...etc...

It's primarily about the knowledge...with that you can create the tools necessary for survival...providing you haven't procured them from the get go...

Also...have a plan...and a backup plan...

YouSir

Yep got to be flexible and ready to move quickly and on a moment's notice, hell nothing I ever plan for goes like I thought it was going to go, to varying degrees.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yep got to be flexible and ready to move quickly and on a moment's notice, hell nothing I ever plan for goes like I thought it was going to go, to varying degrees.

That is what I talked to my kids about during Covid. I said you have to be flexible because life is unpredictable.
You can plan to the T but that one thing, that one thing will mess it up (you know like electricity, fire, tsunami, nuclear war, etc...)

I heard a story about a very wealthy Ukrainian family that basicially had to start over from scratch... Another lesson, during times of extreme social unrest or disruption I do not want an Electric vehicle!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
To understand human nature I think one has to go out and start walking the major streets of any major city and see how they down and out the people that live under the stars survive.
One thing you'll notice that there are like little mini type of gangs I'll call them gangs but they're like little social groups to protect each other and within that group there's always a leader perhaps a wise man or even perhaps a profit that guides that little group into being able to survive by sharing the techniques of caution. When living on the streets one relies that they're wits is their evening flashlight at night time.
One that doesn't go into the free food banks whatever the case might be like that has a better chance of survival on the streets.
One thing that you will notice is that the survival of a clan is more like a family a type family of trust and out of that trust if trust is lost then that whole clan can disappear and people go on their own and then they try to form another new clan with new trustworthy people and that's the basic survival skills of when a person's life falls apart and ends up living underneath the Stars you don't have to worry about when the s*** hits the fan so that's really the basic survival skills has been able to form of a clan of trust and where each one has like a skill and it's been mentioned that the week will not live very long that's that's a known fact the elderly those are medication .

The sad part of all this is that at that time in life you realize human beings are really truly an animal just were called human beings it's a dog eat dog world when you live under the stars at night and that's the all I can tell you about survival techniques is it's a dog eat dog world and you got to have protection and of course you got to have a water resource and and food to survive.

edit on 0200000058172023-02-10T13:17:58-06:00175802pm1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Best line ever from the majority of the survival/long-term sustenance folks I've hung out with is: "72 Hours To Anarchy."

Pretty much 99% of all urban dwellers operate on maybe 3-days/9-meals worth of prep. MAYBE. I'd say a lot of my family's neighbors, work associates, and especially folks under 35-ish we know fall into that demographic. They don't believe anything will actually happen/interfere with their "lifestyle."

Personally and publically, not saying anything beyond that, other than, sucks to be them.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BaconCrusader

Just read a good series, called "Broken Tide" and they talk about that, the 9 meals.
and how a lot of people think the government will come save them.

I will have to check out the show in the OP, never heard of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was gonna ask “Ever been to Detroit? SHTF looks a lot like Detroit.”

But really any rundown, ungentrified, downtown city looks about the same. Empty buildings, housing and storefronts dominate the landscape. Unrepaired streets and sidewalks are the norm. Sometimes you see an animal, but make no mistake…here you are the prey.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I was gonna ask “Ever been to Detroit? SHTF looks a lot like Detroit.”

But really any rundown, ungentrified, downtown city looks about the same. Empty buildings, housing and storefronts dominate the landscape. Unrepaired streets and sidewalks are the norm. Sometimes you see an animal, but make no mistake…here you are the prey.

I heard Detroit is getting bought out by big money.. Wouldn’t surprise me if they crashed it and now buying it for pennies on the dollar and going to rejuvenate it and RENT it out for top dollar. Wash, Rinse, Repeat…

That is the one thing about getting old, you start seeing patterns everywhere. You’ve seen the same thing over and over and people still fall for it.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I agree, but you better have a plan where you head to a location with others you can trust. There is no small group survival going to happen here. I have friends deeper in the hills that have plans for XX families to gather if needed, most are prior spec ops type people.

Shouldn't you be heading toward the 15 minute cities? They don't have boosters in the hills.

<<   2 >>

join