It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Emergency Food Benefits Stopping Soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ketsuko

I want to feel bad, but I also know we can't pay for everyone and how do you take finite resources fairly and decide who and what is more deserving? Also, temporary means just that. It was designed to end.

Here’s a start, how about PUNISHING irresponsible behavior.

If you are on Snap, welfare, food assistance, or whatever they call it these days And you decide to expand your family,
YOUR assistance goes DOWN, not up. We should not reward irresponsible behavior with more money. Yes yes, oh the kids the kids the kids. Spare me. If people care about their kids, they wouldn’t rely on the government or other people to take care of them. Also if you think those kids are being taken care of with food assistance, I have a bridge to sell ya!

You seem kind of bitter about children being able to eat when it is absolutely not their fault at all that they are brought into this world by people who couldn't care less. How about if you are a single mother who is not with the father of their child because of "relationship problems" caused by picking the wrong man not because your spouse died, we just go ahead and tie the tubes or hysterectomy. This way these women can't keep making poor choices. I know a girl with 4 kids by 4 different fathers this is disgusting and should be fixed. Why don't we as women team up and lift up other women so they have the self-confidence they need to not be so thirsty for male attention they feel the need to have sex with whatever scumbag throws them a compliment.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

Sadly what you posted is a fact of life there's so much sadness that surrounds the human being.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

You seem kind of bitter about children being able to eat when it is absolutely not their fault

There is nobody I care for more than the children involved in this.
The problem is the food isn’t going to them. I’ve seen it with my own eyes what these “benefits” are buying.
I’ve seen people buy cases of snickers, or energy drinks. I’ve seen people try to sell their “benefits”.

Why do you think schools push free lunch so hard. You know what they always say “This is the kids only meal of the day”. In summer schools push to give kids a bag lunch for home, why, because it is the only meal of the day. Think about that, in those areas that doesn’t make any sense as they should be on benefits, the problem it is not getting to them!!!!!
Of course I’m not saying 100% of people work the system, but many do.

I’m not just talking about poverty ridden people using benefits to sell, or for drugs, etc. There are scams all around.

I’ll give an example. I lived in a very affluent area. There was a nice Mormon family. In their basement they had a typical Mormon style mass grocery holding. They store groceries for 3 or more years. Massive, Massive amounts of food. This family had many adult children. Some lived in the basement. I was shocked when they told me they collected food benefits. They pop out soooo many kids and make sure to earn just below the amount to get those benefits.
These are not people that need benefits, but they learned to make the system work in a different way and to support their lifestyle of many many children all on the backs of the taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't believe so many people still fall for the lies.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Or the "immigrants" whose children are legal but they aren't. They work under the table, good money, no withholding make solid living and can support the family, but kids have "no legal support" and draw full benefits.

Those kids aren't mistreated or abused most of yhe time either. The parents are just working the system, and the benefits workers get bonuses for signing people up, so what incentive do they have to be honest?

edit on 10-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The problem is the food isn’t going to them.

How do you know that?

Because I can tell you that everyone I know that gets ebt spends that on food for their kids.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

There are going to be a lot of pissed off freeloaders soon.
edit on 10-2-2023 by stelth2 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join