It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Did it file a flight plan? No? Pop it.

Better to Study it first.

Destroy it and you lose the opportunity to learn it's secrets.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Dumbest thing I have ever heard Just why would they send a balloon to take images that are all ready available through satellites ----------- False Flag coming ?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Dumbest thing I have ever heard Just why would they send a balloon to take images that are all ready available through satellites ----------- False Flag coming ?

It might be broadcasting repeated information about someone in the USA committing espionage. Maybe HAM operators are picking up something?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Bah. Send a message. Blow it out of the sky. I'm sick of the US acting like a pussy.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's freaking people out. President Biden wants to shoot it down ASAP, but the military told him to stand down.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No link, went to CBS News and no article mentioning that. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

I'm seeing on ADSB, GORDO16 (E-4B) flying in circles over the Michigan upper peninsula at about 25K right now. Could be it, I don't know for sure. You can be sure that we are watching it closely. Gonna fire up the SW here in a minute.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtEsquire
No link, went to CBS News and no article mentioning that. a reply to: carewemust

I'm watching the CBS Nightly News. They brought a Pentagon Spokesman on to say President Biden wants to shoot the balloon down, but commanders overrode him.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SrWingCommander
Well, this is interesting. I say "pop" it.

Also assuming its a "spy balloon", and likely so if its over Montana, could take a peak at the missile fields. But I would think China can do that with satellites.

Of course, if they wanted to invade Tiawan, nothing like popping a small, high altitude nuke for a little EMP effect before the operation starts; just to add to the confusion.

www.nbcnews.com...

If Chinese bombers fly over the US… will our Air Force refuse to shoot them down because debris may fall on someone?

Shoot the effing thing down.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Arnie123
So...we're just leaving it there???

Got it.

It might be a giant dragon balloon from Chinese New Year parties in San Francisco.

Our military is not what it was, pre-2021. Little training, and money going to "wokeness", instead of readiness.

We look a tab bit impotent militarily

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If they have no evidence of what or who's it is why would they call out China ?

And with the Weather the way it has been how would you even guide a balloon ?

And if its suspected to be some kinda spy balloon why wouldn't you shoot it down ?

Bull crap .......
edit on 2-2-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: carewemust

On-board GPS, computer controlled lift gas management, and environmental sensors (altitude, temperature, wind speed, etc.) would allow the vehicle a degree of autonomy that would not require detectable external "control" in the conventional sense.

I wonder where and what it was launched from?

Depending on how well the material containing the lifting gas (hydrogen or helium) can actually contain the gas (hydrogen, the most efficient lift gas, is such a small molecule that it tends to leak through almost anything thin enough and light enough to be used as a lifting cell envelope), the launch point could be deep inside the Chinese mainland itself.

One of the reasons we need to study this vehicle, not destroy it.

Unless.....

We already have "something" equal to, or better, flying over China (and Russia, and Iran, and North Korea...!).
edit on 2-2-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Proof that he's not running the country.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
"Ground stop" means flights are being told to stay out of the area?

The balloon was seen over Montana earlier Thursday, they said.

The Federal Aviation Administration confirmed that there was a ground stop in Billings, Montana, on Wednesday but an agency spokesperson did not share more details.
www.whio.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Odd that it was the opposite earlier today.

But honestly I could see Joe saying “Balloon?” and then in the creepy whisper saying “Pop it.”

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Where are all the Jewish space lasers when you need one?

link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Arnie123
So...we're just leaving it there???

Got it.

It might be a giant dragon balloon from Chinese New Year parties in San Francisco.

Our military is not what it was, pre-2021. Little training, and money going to "wokeness", instead of readiness.

We look a tab bit impotent militarily

Iran has the balls. They shoot down our drones all the time. A balloon wouldn't stand a chance.

link   

originally posted by: SgtEsquire

I'm watching the CBS Nightly News. They brought a Pentagon Spokesman on to say President Biden wants to shoot the balloon down, but commanders overrode him.

Could Biden be afraid this balloon will plant more classified documents if it gets to the east coast? He might think that is how the other ones got there.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Odd that it was the opposite earlier today.

But honestly I could see Joe saying “Balloon?” and then in the creepy whisper saying “Pop it.”

He's being briefed by many factions and it's messing with his mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

The Pentagon says its the size of three Greyhound buses, so maybe we can hook it and pull it down?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join