It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA pulls authorization for AstraZeneca’s Covid antibody drug Evusheld

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

The Food and Drug Administration has withdrawn emergency use authorization for AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 antibody cocktail Evusheld as the treatment is not expected to neutralize the currently dominant XBB.1.5 subvariant of omicron

Omicron subvariant XBB.1.5 has been spreading rapidly in the country since December and it made up nearly half of all U.S. Covid cases last week, according to government data.

The FDA’s decision resonates with concerns raised by the European health regulator about the effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies such as Evusheld against newer variants.

Monoclonal antibodies act by binding to the spike protein on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but the virus has been evolving, causing changes in this protein and affecting how the antibodies work against them.

The drug, meant to prevent Covid in people with weakened immune systems, does not work against the predominant omicron subvariant XBB.1.5

Your views on this one?

It seems to me that the products made by AstraZeneca are pulled out of the markets for safety and effectiveness reasons. Several countries have also stopped the roll out of the Covid-19 vaccine made by AstraZeneca and it has been withdrawn also front the UK, the country where the vaccine was created. The reason given was better effectiveness achieved from the mRNA products but we know that the AZ vaccine did cause a lot of deaths, mainly blood clots that subsequently were fatal.

Many examples have been given in other threads of deaths caused by the AZ vaccines.

But another more recent death recorded here:

www.bbc.com...

Covid: Woman died from rare vaccine side-effect

A mother died from a "catastrophic" bleed on the brain caused by a rare side-effect of the Covid-19 vaccine, a coroner has concluded.

Kim Lockwood, 34, complained of an excruciating headache eight days after her AstraZeneca jab in March 2021.

Her condition quickly deteriorated and she was pronounced dead 17 hours after being admitted to Rotherham Hospital.

South Yorkshire Coroner Nicola Mundy said Mrs Lockwood had been "extremely unlucky".

At Doncaster Coroner's court, she recorded the cause of death as Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia (VITT) and returned a verdict of misadventure

You may notice for once more the narrative of 'safe and effective' vaccines and the 'rare' but lethal blood clots in the brains of these victims.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
The reason given was better effectiveness achieved from the mRNA products but we know that the AZ vaccine did cause a lot of deaths, mainly blood clots that subsequently were fatal.

So the US FDA is pulling the AZ vaccine from emergency use because it's no longer effective against prevailing strains of C19. The UK has stopped using the AZ vaccine because it's no longer effective, for the same reason.

According to the publicly available statistics, around 400 cases of blood clotting was reported, of which c. 70 people died. A smaller number of clots for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and none reported for the Pfizer vaccine. Approaching 50 million doses of the AZ vaccine were given.

If you have anything apart from anecdotes to suggest "lots of deaths" then can you point me to your official sources?

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

The reason given was better effectiveness achieved from the mRNA products but we know that the AZ vaccine did cause a lot of deaths, mainly blood clots that subsequently were fatal.

So the US FDA is pulling the AZ vaccine from emergency use because it's no longer effective against prevailing strains of C19. The UK has stopped using the AZ vaccine because it's no longer effective, for the same reason.

According to the publicly available statistics, around 400 cases of blood clotting was reported, of which c. 70 people died. A smaller number of clots for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and none reported for the Pfizer vaccine. Approaching 50 million doses of the AZ vaccine were given.

If you have anything apart from anecdotes to suggest "lots of deaths" then can you point me to your official sources?

If the official sources say 70 deaths then you can expect more. If tit think the official sources describe accurately the number of deaths caused by vaccines then you are either trying to propagate the official narrative or you are very naive.

70 deaths is by itself a lot of deaths caused by one vaccine in a specific country with population 67 million people from which around 50 million people have been vaccinated fully.

Scale this up to 5.5 billion people who have been vaccinated in the world and and you could easily be on the thousands of deaths from all the vaccines. And this is by using the 70 deaths in 50 million vaccinees statistic.

As for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in comparison the AZ was benign.

the propaganda please

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

If the official sources say 70 deaths then you can expect more.

Why? All medicines have the potential for adverse side effects. People die from aspirin, and other common drugs. In the case of vaccinations for Covid, and AZ specifically, it's no longer being administered, so people won't get blood clots because of it. Unless you are saying they will. If AZ has a health impact after the event, then where's the evidence for that. Where's the impartial research? Please not a Youtube vid.

I am genuinely trying to flush out the concern here.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Why? All medicines have the potential for adverse side effects. People die from aspirin, and other common drugs. In the case of vaccinations for Covid, and AZ specifically, it's no longer being administered, so people won't get blood clots because of it. Unless you are saying they will. If AZ has a health impact after the event, then where's the evidence for that. Where's the impartial research? Please not a Youtube vid.

Stop the vaccine apologetics please. Do the maths.

Even with the most conservative we estimates of 70 deaths per 50 million vaccinated people when you scale up to 5.5 billions who have been vaccinated the deaths are running in the thousands.

Any other vaccines that have caused thousands of deaths and have not been pulled out of the market.

The AZ has been pulled out of the market in most countries that have used it.

Now their other product has been pulled out of the market.
edit on 30-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Even with the most conservative we estimate of 70 deaths per 50 million vaccinated people when you scale up to 5.5 billions who have been vaccinated the deaths are running in the thousands.

Oh, right. The maths. Quite a simplistic way to think about the world. Some would say a misuse of statistics. Vaccines are different, so why apply AZ "clot" for all, when Pfizer have no such reported problems? 70 people are reported to have died from blood clots derived from first and second doses of AZ. AZ statistics cannot be applied / extrapolated elsewhere; it's 70 deaths out of 50 million doses. That's it. That's the maths.

With your logic, it's like saying that 100 people died from tuberculosis in a town in Mali - say, 5% of the town. Therefore, 5% of the rest of the world will die from tuberculosis.

If I was to look at vaccine statistics, I would take a gander at CoronaVac and Sinopharm, which are the Chinese vaccinations and for which statistics are scant and / or highly manipulated by the Chinese authorities.
edit on 30/1/2023 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
About 15 or so years ago, wasn't there another vaccine for something that was pulled because of less than 70 deaths? I forget what it was for and exactly when it happened, but if you look that up, you will find "the official sources" for your proof.

I just found what I was looking for.

Back in 1976, the Swine Flu vaccination program was halted because three people died after the injections. Three people. Isn't that less than 70 people? It's too bad that so many people seem to have a "selective" memory.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   

On another thread asmodeous just posted that antibiotics should be withdrawn as you can have adverse affects.

His opinion on anything to do with risk benefit can't be taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

On another thread asmodeous just posted that antibiotics should be withdrawn as you can have adverse affects.

Is there any chance that you could post a link to the post so I can have a read please?

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Is there any chance that you could post a link to the post so I can have a read please?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
You asked if antibiotics should be pulled off the market because people have reactions to antibiotics and die .......and Asmodeus3 replied
If thousands die. Then yes.
And you disagree?

So if thousands die from taking a particular antibiotic...... would you think it ok to give to your child?
Or would you seek out a safer one?
edit on 30-1-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

You asked if antibiotics should be pulled off the market because people have reactions to antibiotics and die .......and Asmodeus3 replied
And you disagree?

So if thousands die from taking a particular antibiotic...... would you think it ok to give to your child?

Different argument.

He said antibiotics should removed if they cause hundreds or thousands of deaths. This ignores the millions of lives they save.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So you would chance it and just hope your child was one of the lucky ones?

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

If the odds are better than him not taking it then yes, every single time.

Anything otherwise is child neglect and cowardice.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I get perplexed by this type of post.

People can have adverse reactions to any drugs. They can be hit by cars when crossing the road. Choke on their donut. They can fall down stairs. Get bitten by the dreaded Blandford Fly. Bite their tongue.

Life's full of risks. If you are afraid to go out because you may get hit by a meteor, then you have lost the battle against understanding risk, and you are probably on an antianxiety drug anyway (and exposed to side effects).

As already stated, antibiotics have transformed lives and medicine. The lives saved versus the small number of lives lost is such a powerful argument. People died and had complications from the smallpox vaccination, but look at the lives saved from one of humanities most terrible diseases.

If you want to live in the Land Before Civilisation, then off you go. You'll be back when you get cold.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I had a reaction to penicillin when I was a child......so am prescibed an alternative.
I have not said that antibiotics should be taken off the market.

I am not afraid to go out because a meteor might hit me.....and I am on no medication at all.

And I wasn't frightened of covid either......

edit on 30-1-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Even with the most conservative we estimate of 70 deaths per 50 million vaccinated people when you scale up to 5.5 billions who have been vaccinated the deaths are running in the thousands.

Oh, right. The maths. Quite a simplistic way to think about the world. Some would say a misuse of statistics. Vaccines are different, so why apply AZ "clot" for all, when Pfizer have no such reported problems? 70 people are reported to have died from blood clots derived from first and second doses of AZ. AZ statistics cannot be applied / extrapolated elsewhere; it's 70 deaths out of 50 million doses. That's it. That's the maths.

With your logic, it's like saying that 100 people died from tuberculosis in a town in Mali - say, 5% of the town. Therefore, 5% of the rest of the world will die from tuberculosis.

If I was to look at vaccine statistics, I would take a gander at CoronaVac and Sinopharm, which are the Chinese vaccinations and for which statistics are scant and / or highly manipulated by the Chinese authorities.

Bo you are not correct. As I have made a scale and given that these vaccines were distributed on a mass scale to billions of people. There is no reason why we should expect deaths only in the UK when there are recorded deaths everywhere in the world.

We don't need vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality or defending of the pharmaceuticals.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

If the odds are better than him not taking it then yes, every single time.

Anything otherwise is child neglect and cowardice.

You don't know what you are talking about. Now you are trying to appeal to emotions. Sign you have lost the argument long time ago.

When a drug or vaccine has killed a handful of people then it is withdrawn from the market. Standard safety measures. If it had killed 70 people only in one country and there are many other suspected cases then it is scandalous to have it on market.
edit on 30-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

And you disagree?

Different argument.

He said antibiotics should removed if they cause hundreds or thousands of deaths. This ignores the millions of lives they save.

You don't understand the safety standards.

Any antibiotics that will kill hundreds or thousands of people won't even be released in the population in the first place

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
About 15 or so years ago, wasn't there another vaccine for something that was pulled because of less than 70 deaths? I forget what it was for and exactly when it happened, but if you look that up, you will find "the official sources" for your proof.

I just found what I was looking for.

Back in 1976, the Swine Flu vaccination program was halted because three people died after the injections. Three people. Isn't that less than 70 people? It's too bad that so many people seem to have a "selective" memory.

Precisely!

The swine flu vaccine was withdrawn for killing a handful of people and causing serious adverse reactions.

The sane happened with the Rotavirus vaccine. Completely withdrawn just as the swine flu vaccine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join