It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheila Jackson Lee Introduces Bill Criminalizes Any Criticism of Person of Color by Whites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Okay, so if I see a person of color doing something really stupid, dangerous, or potentially life threatening, I promise I won't say a word. :-)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It appears that is what the representative is trying to push with this notion/bill.
Criminalizing such reporting.
edit on 16-1-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
is she the one that wears the white man cowboy hat?

that is so stupid,

it's like fetterman and his hoodie and b-ball shorts.

why is the government filled with idiots?

i thought everyone was a color.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
They are stirring up a race war. It's their dirty little trick they use while calling themselves social justice warriors. These people are sick.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KMeRMoRe
Reading this gave me a headache.

Here's an idea; stop lumping all white people into your stupid little rant. It's racist as all get out, and as a white woman, you don't get to speak for me.

You didn't choose your skin color, no one does. Why anyone should feel bad about it is beyond me. I am so sick of this "woke" b.s. You all need to move on, the virtue signaling bank needs a new topic.

a reply to: CthruU

Good, I'm glad it gives you a headache that way i know it's peein you of.

" Here's an idea" you don't understand anything , me racist???? you better not look up the comments I've had applause for on this site then or you will find out quickly just how wrong and utterly ignorant you are you poor poor soul.

You clearly will never understand in relation to this topic thread why someone should feel bad about the things white man has done but don't worry sweetheart your in good company here, even i gave you star just to help you justify your nonsense at face value and make you feel superior and on point.

Oh and I know, I know - don't call you sweetheart! Sorry love.....oops.

I don't need to move on and I won't for the likes of you ever.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv
a reply to: vNex92

I think this says a little:

“(11) Mass shootings and other hate crimes motivated by white supremacy have been increasing in frequency and intensity. These heinous and virulent crimes are inspired by conspiracy theories, blatant bigotry, and mythical falsehoods such as “replacement theory”. All instances must be prevented and severe criminal penalties must be applied to their perpetrators.”.

OP LINK

It's a double push..."mass shootings"..."conspiracy theories"..."replacement theory"...etc...

That covers it for me...the ultimate agenda!

I've never heard of this "Great Replacement Theory" named as such; but that's what China is attempting in Australia, and the details of such a strategy are basically outlined in Sun Tzu's Art of War. It's funny it's been going on for a while, but now that someone gave it a title, suddenly it's CT and taboo talk.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Peace Panda, I mean Lionking, whatever your avatar is 😁

Cool, . back to your gaming now and leave the real world issues to the people who actually get out of the house.

There's a good girl or tomboy or whatever your avatar is.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

No. I don't feel bad about it.

Why? *I* didn't do it, and I never will.

What I did was the responsible thing - I learned about it, so I won't do it, but it is not incumbent upon me to feel any particular emotion about those things because I am one race or another. It's like saying that anyone who has brown hair ought to feel bad about all the thing Hitler did because they are brunette too like him.
edit on 17-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

One can feel bad for actions of others without lumping themselves into that category. You and I had absolutely nothing to do with any of those things, yet you think that we should feel guilty for the actions of others? By that logic you should feel guilty for anyone that gets shot by some random person, a store that gets robbed, a family that loses their home due to the actions of someone else. These things all have one thing in common, none of them had anything at all to do with you.

P.S. Does it make you feel good about yourself to talk down to everyone in the world? Are you really that self conscious about yourself that you feel the need to belittle everyone who has the opposing view to yours? If you think that little about the rest of the world that you are just negative and downright rude to anyone who isn't you, then why even comment or talk to anyone?

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Anyone who has imbibed that particular brand of ideology gets their jollies both by feeling miserable and then by pointing out how awful it is that others are not as virtuously miserable as they are.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: KTemplar

Peace Panda, I mean Lionking, whatever your avatar is 😁

Cool, . back to your gaming now and leave the real world issues to the people who actually get out of the house.

There's a good girl or tomboy or whatever your avatar is.

I have a job, and have worked since I was 16! I don’t game!

Nice try! Nice projection of yourself though 🤣
edit on 17-1-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Anyone who has imbibed that particular brand of ideology gets their jollies both by feeling miserable and then by pointing out how awful it is that others are not as virtuously miserable as they are.

I hear that the Canadian healthcare system offers a cure for self-loathing depression.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

No. I don't feel bad about it.

Why? *I* didn't do it, and I never will.

What I did was the responsible thing - I learned about it, so I won't do it, but it is not incumbent upon me to feel any particular emotion about those things because I am one race or another. It's like saying that anyone who has brown hair ought to feel bad about all the thing Hitler did because they are brunette too like him.

Well for example I read online in Australian news not to long ago that the Australian PM said sorry to Aboriginal peoples for the stolen generation and inacted a referendum to try to make change for the sins of the white men of past .
So some can see that although they didn't personally do it the responsibility has to start somewhere in order for the foundation of a equal community to emerge eventually. Commendable first steps.

So I'll respectfully disagree that its not incumbent on us in the here and now to recognise and at least show some emotion about these things.

Judging by the vast majority of comments here though there is a very long road to go.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

There is never going to be an "equal community".

When one group or multiple groups are being favored over others, then all this is going to do is further the equality gap just not in the direction that it needs to go. All this is doing is turning the "white man" into the group that is being oppressed and hated, when you can explain to me how that is equality, without trying to talk down to me or make comments about how ignorant I am or any other derogatory remarks, then I will listen.

When all groups are special, none are special.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

One can feel bad for actions of others without lumping themselves into that category. You and I had absolutely nothing to do with any of those things, yet you think that we should feel guilty for the actions of others? By that logic you should feel guilty for anyone that gets shot by some random person, a store that gets robbed, a family that loses their home due to the actions of someone else. These things all have one thing in common, none of them had anything at all to do with you.

P.S. Does it make you feel good about yourself to talk down to everyone in the world? Are you really that self conscious about yourself that you feel the need to belittle everyone who has the opposing view to yours? If you think that little about the rest of the world that you are just negative and downright rude to anyone who isn't you, then why even comment or talk to anyone?

Try practising what you preach. Hypocrite.

In relation to this thread- the white race needs to pull its head in and accommodate some remorse, you clearly can't understand this from your ivory tower and once again incase the irony is lost on you try practising what you preach.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Please, enlighten me oh great one, what am I supposedly preaching? Since my simple minded brain doesn't seem to understand the greatness you speak.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

There is never going to be an "equal community".

What's sad is you can even say such a thing regardless of how right you likely are, but I must believe its possible or else humanity is doomed.

Apologies for what you perceive as derogatory comments, it explains the thin skin.

edit on 17-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That is the sad reality we all live in, no matter how right anyone thinks they are on this subject. Until we stop making every group special, until we stop trying to make up for the mistakes of the past, we will never be equal. The only thing that comes out of this is the flip flopping of the "blame and guilt" from one group to another and the cycle will just perpetuate itself into eternity.

I don't like it anymore than you do, but that is the sad truth. We all need to figure out a better way to make up for the past other than to make the, then guilty party, the issue.

edit on 17-1-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Keep.telling and reassuring yourselves of that.

Your assumption is narrow minded as is your outlook for humanities future.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I disagree, but I am a Stoic in nature and philosophy. This is alongside being Christian or beneath it. I find that it leads me to being generally content and happy because among other things, I know what I can and cannot control.

The dichotomy of control. In my clinical work, this Stoic idea stands out as being of the most obvious value. According to the Stoics, we need to let go of the idea that we have direct, complete control over many of the things that concern us, such as what other people think about us, what happened in the past, and even what might happen in the future. All we have direct control over, according to the Stoics, are how we think about things and what we voluntarily do. Life will go much more smoothly if we focus only on these. For example, suppose you are worried that you have upset a colleague. Instead of spending hours overthinking the situation, reflect on whether there is something helpful you can do. A good Stoic would probably pick up the phone and speak to their colleague. They would certainly not get caught up in fruitless hours of worry or self-recrimination.

In other words, the past cannot be changed. It is what it is, and even those events that I played direct part in are over and done, and no purpose is served in continually revisiting them. All that can be done is to move forward with today. Apologies and chest thumping and guilt are only attempts to change a past that is what it is and nothing else will change it. All that matters is what we do now, and creating inequalities today to try to fix an inequality that that will never right is sheer folly and stupidity of the greatest order. You only recreate the past over and over in running away from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join