It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are Karens because it WORKS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This one made me laugh...

According to a popular meme, Karen is a middle-aged white woman with an asymmetrical bob asking to speak to the manager, who happens to be as entitled as she is ignorant.

A KAREN

Anyway...no OP...you were not being a Karen in my opinion and certainly not by the description above!

edit on 7-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

According to a popular meme, Karen is a middle-aged white woman with an asymmetrical bob asking to speak to the manager, who happens to be as entitled as she is ignorant.

A KAREN

Anyway...no OP...you were not being a Karen in my opinion and certainly not by the description above!

I actually like that hairstyle but wont get it šŸ¤£
They really call it the Karen cut

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The society that is being created these days sucks. It seems that more and more people won't check into what you tell them when a mistake is made

So true and this is more about what my
OP is about not my personal issues, more societal ones.
Thing are done so poorly and with so many mistakes its so easy to get angry, warranted or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: jerryznv

A KAREN

I actually like that hairstyle but wont get it šŸ¤£
They really call it the Karen cut

The whole internet says no!

If youā€™ve never seen the memes or heard the ā€œKaren haircutā€ expression, we are here to school you on why this is the exact haircut you donā€™t want to get.

Karen Cut

I personally think it's pretty cute...but the whole internet seems to disagree!

edit on 7-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I enjoyed reading this thread. Turned 65 yesterday. Been polite and accommodating to many at numerous times. In the market, traffic or on the street.

The majority of those times people accept politeness without acknowledgement. There are those occasions like when for example stepping aside and opening a door I am looked at with some disdain. That's an example.

For queue jumpers I exclaim my discontent. Aloud. Funny thing, many don't care.

"Whose the 'Karen' " in this respect.

Anyway, reaching this age. No longer will I tolerate "Karen" behaviour. Don't care for this type.

Bye Bye Karen. I have a louder voice you petty lowlife dirtbag BTCH.

My Thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 8-1-2023 by bally001 because: Spelling mitook. Sorry Karens.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I've always thought this Karen idea sounds far more like the traditional aristocratic foot stamping.. anyone working in service jobs in the UK will recognise the types..

and yes it works more for women than men as women can carry it off better..

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

I've always thought this Karen idea sounds far more like the traditional aristocratic foot stamping.. anyone working in service jobs in the UK will recognise the types..

and yes it works more for women than men as women can carry it off better..

Good on ya mate! That is true Nickster.

My regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Self entitlement is the ticket to Karen mode... They all think their indignation is justified...

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Unless, of course, your name is actually Karen I canā€™t see a resemblance.

I did cheat (quite a bit) and read ahead.

My condolences Jag. Thatā€™s just #ty and I admire (marvel at in reality) your restraint.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   

edit on 1/8/2023 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In no way would I consider you being a Karen after reading this whole thread.
Not in the least.
I too go off when fully saturated by a BS subject.

******BOOM******

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Then you run into people like me who don't respond well to it and will let it all burn just to have the joy of saying, "NO." to someone who is a rude, arrogant, entitled @sshole.

I respond better to common courtesy and will bend over backward to help those who know how to treat a human being.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That sucks, I wpuld have been livid and probably would have saud or done worse. Btw, that's not bring a Karen. I have dealt with one Karen. She screamed at my daughter for parking behind her, and made her feel really bad. She set me off and we had words. With both went into the post office, where she continued to argue with me. She asked the post office people to call the police on me.

I was like for what parking behind you! I told her go ahead and call yourself and I hope they fine you for wasting their time. Then acted like she was the victim and walked away calling me such awesome choice words. It took every fiber of my being to not ram her head through a wall until she lost consciousness.

So yeah I have dealt with a Karen before.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nah, a "Karen" would not have done what you did, because what you did was justified. šŸ˜‰

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Good job JAG!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well thank you everyone, now I donā€™t feel like a Karen.

I donā€™t like raising my voice at anyone. I like a calm environment and totally understand things happen.

Somehow when doing anything ANYTHING when the government is involved I know something is going to be messed up and it just gets my blood pressure up.

I have a funny government story. I went to the DMV. The guy at the counter was just looking at me with a blank face.
I was talking and talking. About five or eight minutes into my talk he holds up a sign saying he is deaf!
Now mind you, Iā€™m all for the disabled working when they can, but of ALL the positions at the DMV to have a Deaf person at the window seemed crazy. Couldnā€™t he be the photo person etc. I had write everything down and talk slower so he could read my lips. Also found out through a therapist that apparently I donā€™t open my mouth fully when talking so that is probably why he couldnā€™t read my lips! He was like what does this slack jawed broad want! šŸ¤£

The lady Iā€™ve been dealing with for my parents issue doesnā€™t seem to be all there. Sounds super old and confused.
I was transferred to someone else that admitted that my case somewhat fell through the cracksā€¦

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I was a cust service rep for the landline division at Verizon for years. I learned that when dealing with customer service you always write their name down first. It tends to make people more accountable.

I once got a call from a customer who had a $15,000.00 bill in one month. I checked his plan to make sure he didnā€™t have dial up on a computer line, turned out the plan was listed correctly but programmed incorrectly causing the problem.

Iā€™ll never forget how upset he was, he said to me how will I know youā€™ll fix this, as he had called several times before, I told him this is my name, gave him my office #, and if it isnā€™t fixed you can hunt me down. I thought he was going to cry with relief. It took me 3 weeks to get the charges reversed which required upper mgmt approval and I had to print every page of his bill (that took 1-1/2 days) my poor coworkers were like wth, although to their credit once I told them the problem they helped fill the paper trays for me whenI was stuck on a call. Also, the reps who blew the cust off were not from my office. I worked with some great, funny hard working people!

The others who didnā€™t do their job would be found out because the minute you note an account it is time stamped with your division, name, office , time and date, not alterable.

Also, if you find someone isnā€™t understanding you or isnā€™t listening, hang up and callback or ask for a mgr right away!

edit on 9-1-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I was a cust service rep for the landline division at Verizon for years. I learned that when dealing with customer service you always write their name down first. It tends to make people more accountable.

Yes -- I learned that trick. People love hearing their name. Always refer to them by name several times during call.

I would also say "I Love You" before answering any call.

And -- would immediately say "Yes, you're right" -- which defused them. Then "Let's see how we can resolve this for you".

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Self entitlement is the ticket to Karen mode... They all think their indignation is justified...

which is why its more akin to tapping into an inner aristocrat mode the font of all "Self entitlement"

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That's not being a "Karen".

We have a whole group of them where I work. These are the people who complained to HR because when we had a cafeteria (BC = Before COVID) I ordered my eggs cooked over easy with runny yolks. These are the people who complained because I brought whole milk for my cereal and coffee instead of 2%.

Those are "Karens" You're not even close.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join