It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are Karens because it WORKS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So I had a very serious problem. I don’t want to get into details, but it is not regarding money of any kind.

This problem has been going on for 18 months.
I am 1000000% in the right.
I have been patient, kind, patient, accommodating and kind. Got absolutely no where, was lied to multiple times.
I was told 8 months, then I was told 12 etc.. You know the drill.

Then I had extra energy yesterday and was going to go at the issue one last time.
I called this place and I literally said.

“I’m about to go off, I am going to make a Tik Tok, I am going to have 10,000 people calling your office, I am going to the news,
I am going to go to certain groups. I WILL NOT LET this go. I will call every person that can possible influence this, I will not stop. I will go on Facebook, Twitter etc.” I told them they KNOW this will go super viral, and it would, I’m certain of that.

I was called exactly 30 minutes later and my issue was completely COMPLETELY resolved. An issue that they made all kinds of EXCUSES for 18 months. I hate this. I hate that kindness and patience is NOT rewarded. A dog eat dog type of world is rewarded. Being rude, LOUD, brash, making threats (not violent) gets rewarded.
This is why people are “Karens” and go off and want to “speak to a manager”. It’s because nothing gets done if you don’t. It sucks!
I am happy that I can put closure on this issue after 18 long months!

PS. I did tell the lady I was speaking to that I wasn’t aiming any of my rage at her but at the issue and that it needs to be taken seriously because I’m not joking.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Now that is resolved you should flip the switch anyway and let them fry. You know your not the only one and probably not the last. they will do to it again to someone else.

It’s a dog eat dog world don’t yea know!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
lol i shut that # down any chance i get no cap fr fr

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That's not being a Karen. That's Taking care of righteous indignation in a proper fashion.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That's not being a Karen. That's Taking care of righteous indignation in a proper fashion.

I def went into Karen mode

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah, see, you were justified in that you had a legit issue, and heels were being deliberately dragged long-term.

Actual Karens never have just cause
edit on 1/7/2023 by Nyiah because: Typo. though heeos sounded so much funnier that heels :p

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yeah, see, you were justified in that you had a legit issue, and heels were being deliberately dragged long-term.

Exactly. Though Karens usually THINK they are justified. In this case, we don't really know because we have zero details. It's not that we have only one side of the issue; we have no sides of the issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Totally agree, what JAGStorm did wasn't being a Karen.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I have been patient, kind, patient, accommodating and kind

Three words that no one has ever used in describing me in such situations.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The screeching wheel gets immediate attention.
edit on 7-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: Damn autocorrect

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

We live in what i like to call low risk, high reward culture.

When you have hundreds of thousands of customers, catering and tailoring to complaints isnt worth the time.

You trumped this by threatening to expose the matter to millions. Likely the same millions they are marketing too.

Its the price of centralization and lack of competition.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It's only a true Karen if it's very petty and selfish. Not knowing your issue it didnt sound petty or selfish. And funny how it got resolved immediately lol.

Karens will want to talk to the manager because a store is out of a certain cookie or something incredibly stupid like that.

You even told the person you were talking to you werent mad at him/her. Karens are mad at everybody when they dont get their way.

Im really good at pushing buttons and not scared of confrontation...Karen kryptonite. Because at the heart of it they are just bullies.

I got some hilarious karen stories. But no JAG, as someone else mentioned thats just rightous indignation on your part.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Exactly. Though Karens usually THINK they are justified. In this case, we don't really know because we have zero details. It's not that we have only one side of the issue; we have no sides of the issue.

My parents died and were going to get a government burial.
I was told 8 months, in writing, and that all documents were complete, in writing.
Then it was 12 months. Etc. Lots and lots of calls. Lots of excuses (covid, boomers dying etc)
Then it was something about missing paperwork, which I again completed even though I had proof of completion.
Then the timeline was 18 months.
I had enough and went off.
So my parents will finally be buried just shy of their 2 year death dates……

Am I justified?

I was patient and kind because I knew due to covid, workers, etc these were different times…..
In hindsight I should have pitched a fit sooner. Obviously the delay wasn’t really due to those things since they accommodated me so quickly after going off.
edit on 7-1-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Karens have to invent things to bitch about, it sounds like you had a legitimate complaint.

Also, most Karen incidents I’ve seen like the lady in the park with the dog/bird watcher guy wasn’t named Karen at all. As most of the women depicted are also not really named Karen.

People are either azzho/es or they aren’t regardless of the name they are given!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I always thought a Karen was someone who sticks their nose in where it isn't wanted.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I always thought a Karen was someone who sticks their nose in where it isn't wanted.

I always thought Karens were people that wanted a manager, or to escalate, or a steaming mad middle aged lady 🤣

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sounds like you were not being a "Karen" at all.

"Karen's" use the tactics you describe right off the bat, no matter the situation, and don't have any remorse about it.

Kindness works most of the time; which is why you assumed it would work with these people for so long. But Kindness doesn't work all of the time and when it doesn't you need to let the people know you're done being pushed around. That's not being a "Karen", that's being a decent human being who doesn't let other people push them around.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You were not being a Karen.

"Karen" is just a polite way of saying "self entitled bitch" and I can't see you being that.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The society that is being created these days sucks. It seems that more and more people won't check into what you tell them when a mistake is made...especially in hospitals not filling out paperwork properly so the insurance company will pay properly for the service. It happens with phone bills a lot too, and even with disputes at banks where something was not credited properly. I like to have everything backed up on paper, we do not pay much electronically.

My daughter orders a lot of stuff online and they often screw things up or merchandise comes damaged which requires her to call to get things fixed. I tell her to buy things at the store and check every receipt before leaving...stores seem to screw up prices too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join