It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC reports a new strain of omicron taking over in the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Source dated Dec 31 2022 CDC reports a new strain of omicron taking over in the U.S.

…..” A new version of omicron has taken hold in the U.S., according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The subvariant of omicron, named XBB.1.5, has raised concerns about another potential wave of Covid cases following the busy holiday travel season.

The CDC projected Friday that about 40% of confirmed U.S. Covid cases are caused by the XBB.1.5 strain, up from 20% a week ago. In the Northeast, about 75% of confirmed cases are reported to be XBB.1.5.”……

…..” It’s not clear yet where this version of omicron came from, but it appears to be spreading quickly here. There’s no indication it causes more severe illness than any other omicron virus, Dr. Barbara Mahon, director of CDC’s Coronavirus and Other Respiratory Viruses Division, told NBC News. ”…..

It’s not clear yet where this version of omicron came from??? Perhaps try…… MADE IN CHINA

👽
edit on 31-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Cdc lies. Give me a double blind study then I will get back to you. They should be disbanded for corruption.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I recently heard of a new 'unidentified' non-COVID virus going around....

How much you want to bet those will be counted as COVID now?

I am not sure what it will take for the authorities to realize that they quite literally "sh@t the bed" with their policies and social engineering efforts recently... but if they want to make it up to the word, they are going to have to change their communication strategy.

My knee-jerk reaction to this announcement was "Of course there is a "new" strain..." [insert eye roll.] And on the heels of that... "But I'm sure you have a 'new and improved' booster that we will all have to take bimonthly (or have our car insurance rate raised) ... right?"

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
I recently heard of a new 'unidentified' non-COVID virus going around....

The article mentions XBB.1.5

I prefer full name’s versus acronym’s. In the aircraft world…an “X” in front, usually stood for Experimental.

Before long, they’ll be so many strain acronyms…..the WHO and the CDC will hope you lose track……throw in the towel …… and take the Jab.

👽

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Source dated Dec 31 2022 CDC reports a new strain of omicron taking over in the U.S.

…..” A new version of omicron has taken hold in the U.S., according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The subvariant of omicron, named XBB.1.5, has raised concerns about another potential wave of Covid cases following the busy holiday travel season.

The CDC projected Friday that about 40% of confirmed U.S. Covid cases are caused by the XBB.1.5 strain, up from 20% a week ago. In the Northeast, about 75% of confirmed cases are reported to be XBB.1.5.”……

…..” It’s not clear yet where this version of omicron came from, but it appears to be spreading quickly here. There’s no indication it causes more severe illness than any other omicron virus, Dr. Barbara Mahon, director of CDC’s Coronavirus and Other Respiratory Viruses Division, told NBC News. ”…..

It’s not clear yet where this version of omicron came from??? Perhaps try…… MADE IN CHINA

👽

Wow! Great news!

Come on! Don't be an anti-vaxxer! Get yourself on the queue and get vaccinated with your third, fourth, and fifth boosters.

And don't be unreasonable. A bit of winter lockdowns never harmed anyone!

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Here we go again, again. NOOOOOO!

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Omicron = Moronic

Coincidence?

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Omicron = Moronic

Coincidence?

micronO or irocmon?

Joking aside this is no joke.

All About XBB.1.5 Variant

XBB.1.5 is a new recombinant strain and is both more immune-evasive and better at infecting than BQ.1 and XBB, the virologist said adding that it is not ‘typical Omircon’, but a special recombination mixture variant that is further mutated.

XBB was first identified in India in August. It quickly become dominant there, as well as in Singapore. It has since evolved into a family of subvariants including XBB.1 and XBB.1.5.

Andrew Pekosz, a virologist at Johns Hopkins University, said XBB.1.5 is different from its family members because it has an additional mutation that makes it bind better to cells, reported India Today.

“The virus needs to bind tightly to cells to be more efficient at getting in and that could help the virus be a little bit more efficient at infecting people,” Pekosz said.

Scientists at Columbia University have warned that the rise of subvariants such as XBB could “further compromise the efficacy of current Covid vaccines and result in a surge of breakthrough infections as well as re-infections.”

The scientists described the resistance of the XBB subvariants to antibodies from vaccination and infection as “alarming.” The XBB subvariants were even more effective at dodging protection from the omicron boosters than the BQ subvariants.

www.india.com... -cases-india-latest-updates-5832154/

I just hope they will be able to tweak a vaccine that works.
edit on q000000471231America/Chicago4444America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Respectfully who cares as long as the lineage is Omnicron (and it is) it's likely to be less severe and communicable. After 2 years there is evidence that the US has weathered the storm and has been exposed to more variants

Go here and play around with all the data sets as well as the open data sources

nextstrain.org...

Right now Asia/China is running hot with an earlier variant 22B while North America is 22E

covariants.org...

The variant that has caused the most cases and concerns recently in the US was 22K
edit on 31-12-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The number of mutations in omicron shows it wasnt even remotely related to the previous strain. Same with BA1 and BA2. There are all separate bioweapons being released to prolonge this forever.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The scientists say they are 'alarmed' so this could be very bad.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

They haven't made a vaccine that works for a Coronavirus yet.

So, tweaking the one that didn't work, probably won't work, either.

edit on 12/31/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
NuShuFliFlu ☠️

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

The scientists say they are 'alarmed' so this could be very bad.

I assume you are being sarcastic if not, from the fearful article...

Given the high level of population immunity in the U.S. — either through infection, vaccination or both — Bogoch and others hope that, even if cases start to rise significantly, there won’t be a dramatic spike in hospitalizations or deaths as seen in previous waves.

In the US the most cases variant was Omnicron 21 K our most severe cases were with DELTA 21J

all easily found here. Right now US cases and their severity are extremely low through the complete COVID timeline

covariants.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Omicron = Moronic

Coincidence?

micronO or irocmon?

Joking aside this is no joke.

All About XBB.1.5 Variant

XBB.1.5 is a new recombinant strain and is both more immune-evasive and better at infecting than BQ.1 and XBB, the virologist said adding that it is not ‘typical Omircon’, but a special recombination mixture variant that is further mutated.

XBB was first identified in India in August. It quickly become dominant there, as well as in Singapore. It has since evolved into a family of subvariants including XBB.1 and XBB.1.5.

Andrew Pekosz, a virologist at Johns Hopkins University, said XBB.1.5 is different from its family members because it has an additional mutation that makes it bind better to cells, reported India Today.

“The virus needs to bind tightly to cells to be more efficient at getting in and that could help the virus be a little bit more efficient at infecting people,” Pekosz said.

Scientists at Columbia University have warned that the rise of subvariants such as XBB could “further compromise the efficacy of current Covid vaccines and result in a surge of breakthrough infections as well as re-infections.”

The scientists described the resistance of the XBB subvariants to antibodies from vaccination and infection as “alarming.” The XBB subvariants were even more effective at dodging protection from the omicron boosters than the BQ subvariants.

www.india.com... -cases-india-latest-updates-5832154/

Its not a "vaccine" it's an experimental gene therapy.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This is great...I hope all you vaccinated feel safe! Remember you got vaccinated so you could feel "safe" or because you were at risk and it was medically necessary (or whatever dumb reason you believed)!

I'm still over here rocking this non-vaccinated sign watching the world burn! Bring on the new strains...I'm sure they'll be new vaccines too for you sheep to try out so don't fret too much yet!

If you haven't figured it out...here's a quick breakdown in layman's terms:

The CDC, government, doctors, pharmaceutical companies, scientists, etc...don't know jack s*** about what is going on and it's all a great big experiment! Welcome to the show!

edit on 31-12-2022 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

When you own a hammer factory, identifying nails becomes a psychosis. Supply and demand.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
good news is, if you get vaccinated, you will still pass this on, still get it, but you will get less sick than you would have, had you not been vaccinated. And please don't ask how that's measured. it's just how it is, and if you ask, you are an anti-vaxer who should be ridiculed.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is the point where I shake my head from side to side thinking WTF…..what a minutia of manure.

Tracking SARS-CoV-2 variants

It’s an ELE ….

👽

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ZOMG!! I just had a thought....Fauci retired......what we gonna do now brain?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join