It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn’t this Precious Switzerland thinking about banning Electric Vehicles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
HERE

According to a report in the Telegraph on Saturday, the country is considering emergency measures in case of an electricity supply shortage this winter.

We are at least 1 year to a year and a half ahead of news on here. We totally said this would happen, and look it’s happening.
Next time someone says anything about Conspiracy Theorist I am going to just like like this HA HA HA HA HA and walk away.

The best part of the article is this one line…

and EVs don't run on fairy dust.

It hasn’t been put into law yet, but how long before we see similar bans, laws, restrictions in the US?
California where you at?

I’ve already started seeing articles saying that electricity shortage warnings are growing across the US.
I wonder if the stuff happening in SC (sorry correction, it’s North Carolina) is more connected with this and less about Drag Queens… who knows…
edit on 7-12-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

it's NC and it appears so.

With no suspects or motive announced, the FBI is joining the investigation into power outages in a North Carolina county believed to have been caused by “intentional” and “targeted” attacks on substations that left around 40,000 customers in the dark Saturday night, prompting a curfew and emergency declaration.

link to source
edit on 7-12-2022 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
HERE

According to a report in the Telegraph on Saturday, the country is considering emergency measures in case of an electricity supply shortage this winter.

We are at least 1 year to a year and a half ahead of news on here. We totally said this would happen, and look it’s happening.
Next time someone says anything about Conspiracy Theorist I am going to just like like this HA HA HA HA HA and walk away.

It hasn’t been put into law yet, but how long before we see similar bans, laws, restrictions in the US?
California where you at?

I’ve already started seeing articles saying that electricity shortage warnings are growing across the US.
I wonder if the stuff happening in SC (sorry correction, it’s North Carolina) is more connected with this and less about Drag Queens… who knows…

I live in California and drive an electric car, and everything is working just fine, thank you. Our peak electrical use is usually in August-September because of the need for air conditioning. Of course, this time of year we don't need AC and the peak demand is only about 2/3 of what it is in the heat of summer. Of course, in summer there is more sunlight available, so it usually evens out.

And you are right, electric cars don't run on fairy dust. Internal combustion engines run on fairy dust, also known as petroleum. Right now, about 1/3 of Switzerland's energy comes from fairy dust, and Putin controls some of that. If he decides to turn off the spigot, internal combustion engine cars will also be parked.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sounds like good news for buggy and wagon makers. It will take some time to get the number of horses up to the demand though.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I live in California and drive an electric car, and everything is working just fine, thank you

You mean for today it is, right? That wasn't the case a few months ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I live in California and drive an electric car, and everything is working just fine, thank you. Our peak electrical use is usually in August-September because of the need for air conditioning. Of course, this time of year we don't need AC and the peak demand is only about 2/3 of what it is in the heat of summer. Of course, in summer there is more sunlight available, so it usually evens out.

If you're having that problem now during peak use, what happens when there are a million or more new EV's in the state? Then everyday will be peak.

edit on 12/7/2022 by Klassified because: A

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They say stick it where the Sun don't shine 😀

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
HERE

California where you at?

And you are right, electric cars don't run on fairy dust. Internal combustion engines run on fairy dust, also known as petroleum. Right now, about 1/3 of Switzerland's energy comes from fairy dust, and Putin controls some of that. If he decides to turn off the spigot, internal combustion engine cars will also be parked.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The title of that article is misleading. They are not thinking about banning EVs they are just thinking about limiting their use.

This would be similar to saying that the gas rationing of the 1970's was a ban on ICE cars. It wasn't and neither is this.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
The title of that article is misleading. They are not thinking about banning EVs they are just thinking about limiting their use.

This would be similar to saying that the gas rationing of the 1970's was a ban on ICE cars. It wasn't and neither is this.

That’s the verbiage of the article…

Winter is coming: The 'best country in the world' is planning to ban electric cars amid the energy crisis.

Keep in mind a ban can be limited or long term. It does not have to be permanent.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The same Switzerland that was mocking Russian gas/oil supplies.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That is the title but then the article goes on to say: "...limit the private use of electric cars to “absolutely necessary journeys.”

That isn't really a ban on EVs but a limit on when they can be used.

ETA: Just like a limit on how much gas you could buy in the US back in the 70's, which would also limit how often and how long they could be used, wasn't a ban on gas burning cars.
edit on 7-12-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
That is the title but then the article goes on to say: "...limit the private use of electric cars to “absolutely necessary journeys.”

That isn't really a ban on EVs but a limit on when they can be used.

ETA: Just like a limit on how much gas you could buy in the US back in the 70's, which would also limit how often and how long they could be used, wasn't a ban on gas burning cars.

That's how it starts, we know how it ends. 🤡

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

What do you think is used to produce the electricity for electric cars?
Hint: its not electricity.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Hi, sorry for the sidetrack, but part of your link quote troubled me deeply...

...attacks on substations that left around 40,000 customers in the dark Saturday night, prompting a curfew and emergency declaration.

Is it standard practice for curfews during a power cut?
In my half century alive in Britain, I've NEVER heard of a curfew being ordered here during power cuts, and certainly never read an announcement, as if it is 'just normal' to expect house arrest when the electricity is out???!!!😱
edit on 8-12-2022 by angeltone because: typo lol

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AntiDoppleganger

originally posted by: 1947boomer

What do you think is used to produce the electricity for electric cars?
Hint: its not electricity.

Just shy of 2/3rds of their elecricity is hydro generated with nearly all the rest nuclear sourced. The terrain there is perfect for hydro and other alpine regions/countries also use it to supply majority of electricity.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Whenever alternative energy sources come up, I'm reminded of one of my all time favorite cartoons.

Looney Tunes Fish and Visitors

Yosemite Sam is a terrible neighbor and roommate.

edit on 8-12-2022 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Yeah the big lie... Lol, you know they pump the water back up during the night, buying nuclear energy from france?

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What are car tyres made out of? Ah yes! More fairy dust.

Have fun driving your ev on wooden, nope to scarce, on paper mache tyres

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
I doubt that you do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join