It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LBGTQ bar shooting.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

"In a statement posted to their Facebook page, Club Q said they were "devastated by the senseless attack on our community" that their thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and friends."

Thank you for sharing this with me. As tragic as this is, I'm glad they can find some strength and comfort in good thoughts and prayers right now... both giving and receiving.

Hmm... How was this Determined Already to be a " Hate Attack " ?

It's possible they know the shooter. Who may even have been a regular patron. There may be a history here they know but we don't. Victims are usually known by their murderers.

But it may just be general talk too. It isn't a stretch to think shooting up a room full of people is hateful.

And it may be much worse too. Wouldn't be the first mass shooter already on the FBI's "radar." Or the first linked to G4S "security."

Time will tell...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: frogs453
22 year old Anderson Lee Aldrich. He was arrested previously for a bomb threat.

CBS News

Lovers' quarrel πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ

Bombs kill more people quickly so with that history I am assuming it's hate/terrorist motivated.

this is no time for assumptions !😎

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

ATTENTION

I don't know how it is that people can't understand that opinions of each other are not the topic on ATS - EVER - but .....

BE WARNED IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE POSTING BANNED!

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it.

The topic is LBGTQ bar shooting.

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.

Also, **ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

edit on Sun Nov 20 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
when will the perp get out on no bail? 😎

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
That didn't take long.

I don't know why they just don't make murder illegal.

Oh wait.

Because these shootings may be more related to a suicide mission.

Are you suggesting mental illness? 😎

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

22 year old Anderson Lee Aldrich. He was arrested previously for a bomb threat.

CBS News

So if he was arrested previously for a bomb threat, how was he *not* on anyone's radar?

In a state with red flag laws, this would seem to be a giant one.

However, I am right on the young and male guesses.

Maybe he was on radar but nobody knew where he was 😎

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

I'm pretty sure they've got better stuff to do today then go out on social media and in forums and make sure they're getting enough appropriate 'likes' today.

I'm not understanding your point here.

But, as another poster shared with me, the club has posted, and shared their good thoughts and prayers with the victims and their loved ones. I very much doubt it was for "likes" though. I'm sure they were sharing genuine heartfelt messages.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: neo96
That didn't take long.

I don't know why they just don't make murder illegal.

Oh wait.

Because these shootings may be more related to a suicide mission.

Are you suggesting mental illness? 😎

Not at all, I was reading this article and supposedly most shootings are caused by some sort of stressor with the shooter aiming for death by cop. Is that a mental illness, they don't really go into it that deeply and I am just trying to understand the wider world around me. By the way, are firearms not allowed in clubs there, also aren't police being retrained to not shoot at first sight/trigger now?

www.columbiapsychiatry.org...

link   
If I remember correctly the last time this sort of thing happened it was a Muslim guy who appeared to be grappling with his sexuality.

The people automatically saying this is a right wing terrorist attack are disgusting...

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe he was on radar but nobody knew where he was 😎

I wonder if anyone thought to check G4S HQ...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
If I remember correctly the last time this sort of thing happened it was a Muslim guy who appeared to be grappling with his sexuality.

The people automatically saying this is a right wing terrorist attack are disgusting...

If you are referring to my 'hate motivated' assumption, nowhere did I say anything about right wing.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A dash of mental illness and/or psychopathy and/or ideological zeal, with a 'media society' obsession for 15 minutes of fame, and a mass media that's forever falling over itself to get the next shooter scoop (make them famous), is behind almost literally every mass attack. Oddballs that will kill, and risk being killed or even life in prison to get famous. Society that promotes fame seeking, and media dying to make you famous. Real simple equation here to ensure unending copycats. And nobody wants to talk about that part, ever, meaning it will persist and everyone else that plays along is in their own way accomplices. It takes everyone to tango.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No one said it was, but it's definitely a strong possibility.

Let's say someone attacked a Trump rally. What would you assume about the attacker?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ya know.

Getting arrested for threatening to blow up your moms house seems like something that would show up on a nationally required background to buy ANY firearm.

Police found two firearms at the scene. Aldrich used a long rifle in the shooting.

Last year Aldrich was arrested for a bomb threat against his mother.

Hrmmmmm.
ed it on 20-11-2022 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

You would certainly think he should have been on the radar. Who dropped the ball?

Well that's always the question isn't it? It's not like we haven't seen this over and over - person pops off a shoots a bunch of people, but it turns out he's been in trouble before and should have been on the radar, possibly not even on the streets to begin with.

Then the blame game begins and everyone wants more laws where clearly the ones we had that should have prevented it were not followed.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Well of course it's always a strong possibility ... and then, it's not what it actually is in almost every case. At what point do you stop and think that maybe right wingers aren't as violent as you'd love to believe they are?

I am not saying they never do, only that they don't nearly as often as everyone wants to assume they would.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have a photo of the guy, but I can't upload it. WTH?

Thank you DTM!

Why is his neck redacted with a black box. Wasn't this also done on the Las Vegas shooter's photo?
edit on v082022Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 20 Nov 2022 13:08:41 -06001 by Violater1 because: THANK YOU DTM

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Better watch-it !!

The MSM is using a suspect with all 3 names 😎

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

PM4U

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: ketsuko
But because you leftists hate, hate, hate guns and the idea the idea many, many people in this country own them safely and sanely and it prevents your ideals of Utopia, you use any excuse to angle for it, even the actions of the monsters your own Utopia is creating.

Hi. Lefty gun owner here. I think you're mad at the wrong people, given this was likely an act committed by a religious righty.

THERE IT IS.. Took all a few hours to show how quickly
the partisan hacks point it was the rights fault!!

How sick are you??

THE PULSE NIGHT CLUB in orlando the LAST MASS LGBTQ CLUB shooting
was committed by a muslim terrorist. FAR FROM what i call religious in any sense and
far from what ever you might want to be calling 'RIGHT' here..

plz grow up thank you

It's cute how you say "muslim" and "not religious" in the same sentence with such overwhelming and confident ignorance.

Muslim, Islam, Quran, homophobia.

So far there's no connection between that assault and Club Q.

So far.

I don't see many liberals talking about how gay culture is a threat to our republic. But go ahead and search all the gay culture topics submitted on this website and see for yourself why there's a correlation between conservative ideology and prejudice. And to be clear, I'm talking about consenting adults, not about perverting children and shoehorning sexually explicit materials in the curriculum.

It's certainly not fair to say ALL republicans or moderate conservatives are prejudiced against homosexuals, but if a person were to commit a hate crime against homosexuals, and then explain the ideological rhetoric surrounding that motivation and decision, the casual observer would probably peg them as a conservative even if one of the really unstable kind.

The same way pedophilia is generally associated with a radical left philosophy.

edit on 20-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join