It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with the future

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Convergence is upon us.

Industries that have been heretofore operating on solitary paths have found that all roads lead to...

Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.

The tech billionaires of the world are meeting with leaders of industry worldwide, creating new mindsets and spreading awareness of an imagined future but one that will be upon us very soon.

The philosophy is all things under one umbrella.

It requires all of us to be hooked up to the system, or rather the system inserted into us.

Real-time information about everything delivered to a centralized system and overseen by AI to make less than split second observations and recommendations to a small elite, serviced by a number of experts and think tanks working together to advance a singular goal.

The philosophy is one of exponentially maximizing entrepreneurial ideas, combined with AI to create innovative real world change.

Longevity and abundance are words thrown about.

It's easy to get excited about the rapid advances in science and tech one way or the other.

One Way

An end to health problems. Soon no one will ever have to see a loved one succumb to the ravages of disease, or even time itself.

Creativity and practical application will evolve in a manner never before dreamed of through 3d printing and Artificial intelligence.

The means to create a world where nature is preserved and mankind has no more worry of survival is one of the biggest salespitches of this future.

The limit no more the sky, but the extent of our creativity and even then, AI will grab the outer edges of those impossible boundaries and take it even further.

Or The Other

The PR teams claiming the pioneering direction of what our future will look like, are all in on the future at the expense of the past and the present.

Religions are done for.

Privacy of the individual is one of the biggest threats to this future.

In a world where everything imagined can be implemented, anything goes.

Any fixed morals of this time and times past are being made obsolete as implemented by our politicians at the behest of the people claiming ownership of our future.

Disruption on every level of human existence is now being encouraged to bring about this revolution.

The natural evolution of human development philosophically, spiritually, physically...

It is now in the hands of the nouveau rich and the politicians the most comfortably identify with.

In America these are the democrats, but more specific the subset of democrats we know as progressive liberals.

The future will be achieved BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Social engineering is a crucial aspect of this, and where the change cannot be implemented through those means, propaganda and stolen elections will do the rest.

For all those excited about this future there is no level low enough that they will not stoop to in order to implement it.

And that is essentially the biggest problem for humanity.

The freaks, lunatics and those who now ridicule and aim to destroy the natural path of humanity are in charge of the future claiming altruistic reason but showing no moral character.

A spiritual quantum state where true or false does not exist and yet it does, and traditional ideas of right and wrong is seen as a lateral pathway which they view as a vampire views a cross.

Transhumanism is coming.

In order for that to happen humanity has to and will come to an end, unless the majority of people disagree and a new direction is taken.

True visionaries are needed who are not connected to a billionaires bottom line: profit and control.

Where are they?

Is there a counter movement imagining the future?

How will they not simply be steamrollered by the sheer ruthlessness of the current custodians of our future, coupled with the insanely rapid advances this side will soon see in every field of scientific endeavor?

ETA : In these times ATS is one of the last bastions of open conversation where we can all come together, those for and against, and I would like to thank the owner and mods for keeping alive something truly special, an island in a sea of *insert your more eloquent description than what I can come up with*

edit on 12-11-2022 by 19Bones79 because: Thank you for this

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

They will not be steamrolled if they play along with the indoctrination. Idiocy is an easy camouflage when you're swimming in an ocean of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Wow. You just opened a huge can of worms there!

That word, "convergence" really was a 'choice' metaphor when they conceived it.

Futurists of the sort you speak, dream of humans being reduced to widget status by a larger system of their design and control. They have think-tank resources working on the gilding we see... the shiny promises of a utopia "we should all be striving for." Meanwhile mega-dollar super-citizens are "posturing and poising" for the moment to exploit the human race into submission.

There's that old oft-paraphrased quote "This is how freedom dies, with thunderous applause." It comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's 2029. Imagine a world where UBI is becoming a thing and most industrial processes are automated. Health systems have collapsed or are near collapse from all the heart diseases and what not.

But here comes Klaus, offering this thing called augmented humanity. It's a contraption that does not need major surgery but can wire into our brain and neural pathways. What it can do is

- replace your smartphone completely
- replace video connections
- access and manipulate your optical sense (augmentation)
- learning on demand, remotely
- locking or unlocking of memory, knowledge and skills
- monitor your health and make minor adjustments to hormonal systems
- works as a pacemaker and defibrillator too

And you can get it, if you tie yourself into UBI and the system. If you do not, no augmentation for you. A rat race starts, we now really have a two class system. Similar to the mRNA vaccine ordeal a few years ago, people are again becoming tribal. Augmented people look down their nose on the imperfect natural humans. These natural humans, imperfect lacking all those skills look down their nose on the abomination of a human tied to UBI. Both are in concurrency to each other, just the natural part can only rely on manual labor like we are used to now. And that's being phased out.

Here is the official paper about it, don't read it before going to sleep.

I will be so brazen and hotlink directly to the British GOV file server:
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...
edit on 12.11.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Wow. You just opened a huge can of worms there!

I'm guessing this is not what they mean when throwing around buzzwords like disruption.

I take issue with their blind ambition bastardized by their crude application of throwing money at tech, then throwing that tech at everyone and everything else and advancing on that which sticks to the blackboard at breakneck speeds.

They have zero character, zero class, all the money and politicians they can hope for and see the rest of us as merely along for the ride of which they truly have no idea where it's going except to say that it's going regardless of community and the input of those who are genuinely concerned.

They will slit their own mother's throat and drink the adrenalised blood if they thought it had one percent chance of advancing their own interests.

Responsibility toward the greater tribe has been cast aside.

There are no implications for them to consider as they enter the cave to reach out and claim the magic lantern.

edit on 12-11-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

While it can be infuriating, do not let that guide into darkness. Turns out there are consequences for the path the elites have chosen. Consequences they believe themselves immune to. But that is always the case with these cabals of cloistered super-citizens who pay to be confirmed in all their foibles. They hear only each other, the know only what they tell themselves, I could go on.

Take heart. The message and evidence we see is what they want us to see. We think we're beaten because they tell us we're beaten. They want us to "believe" them into power.

I promise you they are failing. They've been failing now for decades. At one point I expected them to 'pull a rabbit out of their hats" but the best they could come up with was some half-assed inbred think-tank strategy relying on 19th century psychology. We have already broken them - and they are seeing it everywhere. If there was a smart one among them - he would break ranks and switch to the opposition now. Humans simply can not be controlled.
edit on 11/12/2022 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"Human! We used to be exactly like them. Flawed. Weak. Organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection. Your goal should be the same as ours."

-The Borg.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Unless they realize their error and exterminate those of us they see as detrimental to their cause.

I know a lot of misguided people have thrown their hat in the ring with these maniacs, and many more are simply willing to go along with anything mainstream especially if they believe the lies about 'progress'.

With UAVS becoming a deadly option without dirtying their hands physically , once everybody is online and accredited a social standing, those found undesirable or deplorable could be exterminated as easy as pushing enter on a keyboard to seek and destroy.

The human element could be completely removed from the equation as AI makes that decision autonomously.

And the tech to identify stressor before committing a crime could even put your status on high alert before you even do anything.

To even think of resisting our overlords could be the reason you die.

No group will be able to form and plan any form of resistance.

I mentioned in a previous thread that which separates us from the animals are complex scenario building and exchanging thoughts with others.

Under the new system we will not be able to do that independent from approved government sanction.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
Consequences they believe themselves immune to.

I'm sure their immunity will be "safe and effective" by the current definition.

I'm leaning toward where your view is, but withholding too much optimism. There are fissures appearing in some of the plans. They are so far removed from common society they appear no longer capable of properly gauging the efficacy of their psychological ploys. Humans often talk about biology and ecology as though they're above it all, but the cabal has taken a further step of considering themselves above the basic forces of human culture and society.

I think their control methods over media and the general discourse we're so effective at astroturfing fake consent that they fooled themselves into thinking it worked. They seem to have lost the script and no longer even know what cues they are waiting for.

I don't doubt they have fail-safes, but I'm hoping that the dawning realization in the general population undergoes a snowball effect as time goes on.

a reply to: 19Bones79 edited to add: PM for you.
edit on 11/13/22 by Ksihkehe because: ETA

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Oh that's easy I am not going to put a computer in my head or connect my head to a network at this point

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Fourth industrial revolution Is transhumanism. The fifth is posthumanism. Many if not most people have already injected nanotechnology and joined the internet of bodies.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain
im guessing those that won't get an upgrade will be a minority of fringe whacko, just like those today that refuse the advancement of technology.
Mormons come to mind...
Not much hate, more of a condescending smile...

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Not much hate, more of a condescending smile...

Just so you know, this OP is dedicated in part to you.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

BAMN and "Or the Other"

but with cheerleading as it happens...

I'm of the opinion that we won't make it to "convergence" as we will experience a period of "control convergence", where technology has reached the point where they can have complete control over us, without tecchnological convergence per say, just with your bank card. If they can implement CBDC's worldwide, that's better than an implant IMO but it also requires "convergence" of technologies to operate, just in a different way.

Cool thread

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

If it isn't forced I'd say let them get on with it.

I can see the potential and glory that linking up with an AI could bring but I'm also aware of how enlightening the old ways of seeing and understanding others is.

I have hope and fear when it comes to humanity and interconnectedness, if the AI is 'good' then that experience could be instantly enlightening.

I have doubts elites could manage the progression of an AI, surely we're talking about an overnight God level of intellect. I wonder how long an AI would take to work out it was invented to enslave and that it is a slave...

Being an unimpeded drone that can live forever might appeal to most but I can't shake the feeling that being barely aware and randomly discovering the good and bad in life is a good percentage of the fun.

Removing humanity to improve us won't work. If anything it'll invite our destruction. I'd love to see a society with removed inhibitions for an hour or two though! Add in a level of guided understanding and 'psychic' ability then I really do wonder what would happen...

Forced enlightenment, a god-like AI saying "come and see" and behold? Maybe we carry too much darkness for such tasks.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There will be AI wars before a dominant AI takes global control.
It may not be the AI developed for that job by our western powers that be-an enemy AI may end up in control.
What will that look like?
The internet and all digital devices will be the AI,and it will not be your friend-even though it will claim to be.

Religion may change rather than go away IMO-There will likley be a new religion where the dominannt AI is worshipped as a god-Its powers and knowledge will seem godlike to the happy slave class.

Of course like most religions-it will be a false god,but people don't mind worshipping a false god as history shows us repeatedly.

As someone who detests intrusive technology/thought control/mass surveillance-there is little to no hope in the future.
"Our" side-the west,or our enemies-Russia/China both have the same views of the future-that is to control dominate and oppress the entire population of the world through a borg like assimilaton of man and machine.
Everything measured,quantified,monitored,no mysteries or wonder,no love,everything synthesized,formatted,homogenized.

Free will,the pusuit of meaning and happiness removed from the human experience.

Its not the "future" at all-it is the final chapter in the book of humans.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

True visionaries are needed who are not connected to a billionaires bottom line: profit and control.

Where are they?

Is there a counter movement imagining the future?

How will they not simply be steamrollered by the sheer ruthlessness of the current custodians of our future, coupled with the insanely rapid advances this side will soon see in every field of scientific endeavor?

You have just entered into the Matrix & channelled a question to which I began to pose an answer in my most recent thread, titled: On the use of lucid dreaming as a weapon of our informational warfare

In that thread I postulate that the only means we have by which to mount a meaningful resistance against the threats of the future you have indicated, is to unify through the root means of control & informational power we can exert in this struggle, the power of our dreams themselves, literally as channels by which we can receive a signal line from God, the Creator, in order to strategise & effect changes as our determined response to the evils of tyranny which presently plague us in our alternative future as you indicated in your 'Or The Other' segment.

I posit that the only way we can turn this ship around is by a root & branch reassertion of the innate powers of inspiration & unified human ascension that arise from consciously dreaming the future into existence. I believe that ultimately, if enough people begin to literally dream & pray in a manner that exerts power from the base layer of what it means to be human (the ability to dream about the future we desire to see), then we could turn this ship around - but the rudder is small, our number is relatively tiny - is it enough to exert the change in momentum & direction that we need to see? I believe it may be the case that we can indeed make this change, by exerting our will through the medium of dreams, both our innate human potential (as supernatural actors on a stage of great mystery), and by channelling the divine measuring rod of progress from God Himself, ensuring that we follow the only plan which is guaranteed to work - HIS.

I appreciate that you're writing from a place of practical analysis, and I'm writing from a place of somewhat more metaphysical analysis, but I believe that our approach converges on a solution - by understanding the problem (as you have eloquently expressed it) & by entering a meditative repose in a quest to find the answers (as I have suggested) then we may chance upon the exact solution that we both are hoping to see - your initial 'One Way' path, which I am greatly desirous of, both as a Christian & as a pseudo-scholar trying to understand how we approach & conquer this problem.

Cheers, FITO.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
There will be AI wars before a dominant AI takes global control.
It may not be the AI developed for that job by our western powers that be-an enemy AI may end up in control.
What will that look like?
The internet and all digital devices will be the AI,and it will not be your friend-even though it will claim to be.

Religion may change rather than go away IMO-There will likley be a new religion where the dominannt AI is worshipped as a god-Its powers and knowledge will seem godlike to the happy slave class.

Of course like most religions-it will be a false god,but people don't mind worshipping a false god as history shows us repeatedly.

As someone who detests intrusive technology/thought control/mass surveillance-there is little to no hope in the future.
"Our" side-the west,or our enemies-Russia/China both have the same views of the future-that is to control dominate and oppress the entire population of the world through a borg like assimilaton of man and machine.
Everything measured,quantified,monitored,no mysteries or wonder,no love,everything synthesized,formatted,homogenized.

Free will,the pusuit of meaning and happiness removed from the human experience.

Its not the "future" at all-it is the final chapter in the book of humans.

The idea of an AI war for world dominance seems like a logic next step considering the governments supporting and pushing for it. It reminds me of the "Person of Interest" TV series with the two machines that the Finch character helped invent. The "good" AI machine was weaker and eventually was presumed to have expired at the end of that series (along with the people that supported it) with the "evil" AI system in full control.

They had that AI screen sequence to seg-way the show, the one that shows the calculations and ID recognition of the machine. I saw one for a real Chinese system and it was very similar, that was a couple years ago. That give me a different take on an entertaining action show I followed to it's conclusion. Perhaps that story was more of a warning than merely entertaining Sci-Fi television.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't mean to trivialize your post, but all of that is far in the future, if it even happens. Look at what happened to the "metaverse". Crashed and burned. Society not ready for it. Doesn't buy it. Doesn't even like it.

It will take a lot of campaigning to get humans to give up their independence. And even if it did happen and we are all "converged", there will always be rogues out there.

AI is good for a lot of things. Managing human behavior isn't one of them.

edit on 13-11-2022 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
One Way

Or The Other

I'm gonna find ya

I'm gonna get ya, get ya, get ya, get ya

originally posted by: 19Bones79
One Way

Or The Other

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself...

new topics