It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 150 Dead in Korea at Halloween Gatering

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I think it has something to do with the translation.

Suffocation is what happened.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Na man you should see how many people get stacked up doing religious ceremony like the Haaj. This would be a standard middle eastern stampede kill count.

But in civilized Korea pretty brutal.

a reply to: Ravenwatcher

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

At first I though Alligator's had something to do with this. Then my brain kicked in. You got a typo.

Sad, sad event.

They should have anticipated something like this and made the proper access and egress.

R.I.P.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Really sad, victims mostly in their early 20's.

I watched this video, and at about the 2:18 mark, a victim on a stretcher covered with a blue blanket is being taken to one of the ambulances... As they get closer to the camera it looks like her/his head lifts up from the stretcher.
Video

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

At first I though Alligator's had something to do with this. Then my brain kicked in. You got a typo.

Sad, sad event.

They should have anticipated something like this and made the proper access and egress.

R.I.P.”

*Gathering*

edit on 29-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I just completed my second fire and life safety pre walk 10 minutes ago for a big event at our facility tonight.

I have people that do this for me and even so I do at least one pre event check, ultimately it’s my butt on the line along with thousands of lives.

It’s unbelievable the amount of blocked exits, chained doors, and faulty safety devices that I have come across in my career.

Constant checking of facilities and staff training is a must when people’s lives are at stake.

Exceeding occupancy load and inadequate life safety checks are usually a huge contributing factor to sad situations like what happened in Korea.

I guess we’ll find out eventually

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Horrifying.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I must commend you diligence. Conscientiousness is a virtue that too few cultivate.

I hope that the people around you pick up the practice, I really do... sadly I actually know a few who would just blow all that off... Bless you for not being like them.

I once worked with a fire Chief who was also a teacher; the things I learned made me stop going to halls, and events with carnival style entertainment because I learned to spot when they were being recklessly managed safety-wise and it seemed they all were.

I suspect when a horror like this happens, you can actually imagine it going down in your head... I'm not sure that I envy you that.

edit on 10/29/2022 by Maxmars because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

When you look at where everything happened, sorry to say it’s cliche but it was a disaster waiting to happen.

I saw some people climbing up building/bars when the crowd started to wave and swell. These were smart people.
Always be aware of escapes no matter where you are.

Also inherently very large crowds are just dangerous. Here in the US I always think, what if someone shoots a gun, which way will the crowd move.
If I am in a mall or similar place I look for exits. I know a lot of people don’t do this but I was raised this way because where I lived there were terrorist that targeted Americans.

This part may sound really, bad so please don’t judge me.
I was part of an emergency team at my job. I didn’t do it to help people, I did it so I’d be the first to know if something was up and how to properly escape. I was raised by a survivalist and that never left me.
One thing I really learned if you are disabled or need help in any way, you will probably not be helped in a disaster situation.

edit on 29-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

When you look at where everything happened, sorry to say it’s cliche but it was a disaster waiting to happen.

I saw some people climbing up building/bars when the crowd started to wave and swell. These were smart people.
Always be aware of escapes no matter where you are.

Also inherently very large crowds are just dangerous. Here in the US I always think, what if someone shoots a gun, which way will the crowd move.
If I am in a mall or similar place I look for exits. I know a lot of people don’t do this but I was raised this way because where I lived there were terrorist that targeted Americans.

This part may sound really, bad so please don’t judge me.
I was part of an emergency team at my job. I didn’t do it to help people, I did it so I’d be the first to know if something was up and how to properly escape. I was raised by a survivalist and that never left me.
One thing I really learned if you are disabled or need help in any way, you will probably not be helped in a disaster situation.

Situational awareness is key. Study your surroundings, look for all potential dangers and the exits or routes of escape. Also, simply don't place yourself in a situation like that to begin with. If there were a riot downtown, I wouldn't go down there to see it, that would be idiotic.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Spot on with always being aware of your surroundings and escape routs

From what I’ve seen I’d say most people don’t take emergency situations seriously soon enough.

I can’t count the number of times that I’ve seen people ignore a fire alarm or do stupid or selfish things in a bad situation because of other priorities like worrying about their dinner getting cold if they have to evacuate a restaurant.

Last winter I drove by a burning apartment building. Smoke coming from the roof and blowing across the street.

I was the only car that stopped. I called 911 and then decided to enter the main floor to pull the fire alarm. A lady in the lobby wouldn’t let me in so I yelled for her to pull the pull station by the door. Nope.

I broke the glass door with a rock and activated the alarm. The lady yelled at me and maybe 5 people evacuated by the time the FD arrived. They evacuated everyone, over 50 people, by the time the roof was engulfed in flames.

A person needs to be comfortable drawing the line at some point and realize it’s time to ensure of their own survival and let the stupids go. Sad to say.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Thanks Maxmars!

It isn’t a popular position to be in. I’m often considered a killjoy but I sleep well at night.

I mainly handle the fire and life safety aspects at work due to my position and experience.

We also have a Safety Director who handles the day to day workplace safety components. Poor guy is the least popular person on site.

Folks need to come to understand that we’re just looking out for their backsides.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Heard that on the radio in the community room. What stuck to me that a lot of casualities were because hearts stopped according to the radio announcer.

I heard that can happen when you get crushed to death.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I can’t count the number of times that I’ve seen people ignore a fire alarm or do stupid or selfish things in a bad situation because of other priorities like worrying about their dinner getting cold if they have to evacuate a restaurant.

I’ve been through Cat 5 hurricane, Severe flooding, Massive Snowstorms, and a Tornado.

I’ve seen people go outside during a hurricane, swim in sewage, drive in water, try to walk during a blizzard.
The survival instinct isn’t strong in some people.

The absolute worst for me was being on a boat (docked) during a tornado.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Na man you should see how many people get stacked up doing religious ceremony like the Haaj. This would be a standard middle eastern stampede kill count.

But in civilized Korea pretty brutal.

a reply to: Ravenwatcher

just a couple weeks or so ago,

170+ died in pakistan, i think, at a soccer stampede.

these things happened in england too at games.

side note,

www.upi.com... -Year-gala-turns-deadly/9565725864400/

nothing on that scale of death but 15k people in that area, is huge amount of people.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: lol, made a mistake, i corrected it i hope.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Hear you on that. I don't trust the dynamics of crowds at all.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Obviously. Super smart comment, just saying.

You win the internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Obviously. Super smart comment, just saying.

You win the internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: StarsInDust

I can't believe that you are trying to relate this tragedy to vaccines?

Or that some folk gave you all those stars?

Actually, sadly, I can.

edit on 30-10-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join