It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists glue themselves to Porsche museum floor, then complain of hunger and potty breaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is hilarious if true... these are scientists supposedly intelligent human beings but they sound quite daft and their plan wasn't exactly thought out well.

www.carexpert.com.au...

No this is not a satirical news piece, nor is it the tale of a kindergarten teacher and their class of spoilt children. This is the story of a group of nine mature-age “scientists” and their not-so-well thought out plan.

Members of “Scientist Rebellion”, a collection of so-called academics dressed in white lab coats, super-glued themselves to the concrete floor of the Porsche pavilion in Autostadt and the Volkswagen luxury cars exhibit in Wolfsburg as a protest against carbon emissions.

“Nine of us glued to the floor and some of us on hunger strike until our demands to decarbonise the German transport sector are met.”

Genius activists glue themselves to Porsche museum floor, then complain they're hungry
Arguably a noble cause, but its execution seemed more like a poorly thought out third grader’s tantrum.

After just a few short hours, the eco-demonstrators took to Twitter to complain that the glue was irritating their hands, that they were hungry, and desperately needed the bathroom.

“Staff refused our request to provide us with a bowl to urinate and defecate in a decent manner while we are glued, and have now turned off the heating”

After a night sleeping on the floor, one of the demonstrators, Gianluca Grimalda, who had vowed to remain until Volkswagen agreed to lobby for low-carbon transport, voluntarily left after 24 hours when his hand swelled up from an adverse reaction to the glue. He tweeted an image of his swollen hand saying that a doctor had been brought in to examine him.

He said: “Doctors ascertained the possibility of life-threatening blood clots in my hand and recommended an immediate transfer to a hospital. My health is of course paramount. I accepted to leave this wonderful group and was taken to hospital.”

edit on 24-10-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I usually drive my 4 cyl forester, but I take my AMG out for a long joyride every time they glue themselves to something or throw something on art.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

They don't sound like they have the wherewithal to see this through.

Like, I mean the first night.

After they're starving and laying in puddles of their own urine it may make things a little clearer to them.

In other news a volcano went off, erasing ALL of the supposed progress the AGW crowd has made...

Super example of the e-scooter SJW crowd.

This same group held a riot in Canada last night:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Let them starve, sh!t and piss themselves.

Then make them clean it all up when they are finally too hungry to keep going.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

These idiots closed down our QE II bridge for 2 days by climbing up and staying in hammocks.

For health and safety.

Why?

If they fell and got run over, good?

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It damn well better have been that zero carbon,ethicaly sourced vegan glue they were using.

Not sure anyone has witnessed quite such a level of entitlement either-not only are they protesting univited onto private property,they demand support in the form of being waited on with food and bed pans from those whose company run the building.

When will this lot realize the whole throwing paint(vegan paint I am certain)and gluing to cars roads and artwork is doing precisely zero to endear the general publc to their cause?
The oil companies are not exactly trembling with fear over this I am guessing.

I am all for looking after our environment better and holding big corporations and governments to account but these protests only antagonise people and lead to nothing beneficial that I can see.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I had to save that gif for future use.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: KKLOCO

These idiots closed down our QE II bridge for 2 days by climbing up and staying in hammocks.

For health and safety.

Why?

If they fell and got run over, good?

Idiots.

It almost makes you understand why the elite call us ‘useless eaters’.

There’s a lot of absolute idiots out there.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: MykeNukem

I had to save that gif for future use.

I admit it, I've been dying to use it LMAO

edit on 10/24/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

“Staff refused our request to provide us with a bowl to urinate and defecate in a decent manner while we are glued, and have now turned off the heating”

They think pooping in a bowl in the middle of a Porshe showroom is 'decent' . Says it all really.
They're just a bunch of jealous (Porshe) narcissistic toddlers.
They think they (the 9 of them) matter so much that the whole of Germany would abandon using cars permanently

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
seems they aren't alone... apologizes for the link but it's got pics so it seems credible,

Seems they wan to end private ownership of vehicles if this blog is to be believed gonna have to research this more

bbcgossip.com...

A DOZEN eco-idiots stormed the Paris Motor Show last night and glued themselves to supercars – including a £180,000 Ferrari.

The Extinction Rebellion fanatics held up a banner and chanted as some of the eco-warriors sat on the floor and glued their hands to the bonnets of the cars.

Extinction Rebellion said 11 people were arrested after the stunt

A photo showed the activists clutching the banner which said “global of self-destruction” as stunned visitors watched on and walked past.

Four of the activists glued their hands to the front of the supercars – including a Ferrari Testarossa – and sprayed them with black paint.

Extinction Rebellion said 11 people were arrested after the minutes-long climate stunt in the French capital.

The group said: “The activists denounce a polluting industry which seeks to wash away its image with the help of green vehicles but continue to promote the individual car as the transport of the future.”

They called for an end to advertising individual ownership of private vehicles and improvements in public transport.

Activists said promoting personal vehicles as transport of the future was “absurd” due to the current prices of electricity and fuel.

Extinction Rebellion is one of a new wave of campaigners using direct action and civil disobedience to draw attention to their cause.

Activists have also been travelling around Paris at night to switch off store signs and advertising screens at a time when the government has called on people to cut back on electricity use.

It comes just days after another group of eco-zealots glued themselves to the floor of a VW dealership – and moaned they couldn’t use the toilet or get food after staff went home.

Unimpressed employees at the showroom in Germany locked the doors, switched off the lights, and dialed down the heating at the end of the working day.

But the group of nine activists from the “Scientist Rebel” group complained they were left in the dark during the demonstration.

They had stormed the showroom in Wolfsburg in protest of Volkswagen, the second-largest car producer in the world.

The eco-idiots then glued their hands to the ground on the Porsche pavilion floor in the company’s Autostadt building on Wednesday.

But they were left disgruntled when the staff refused to offer them a container to relieve themselves in while letting the temperature drop.

The activists staged the bold sit-in in the hopes of encouraging the government and big firms to decarbonize the German transport sector.

And eco-warriors from Just Stop Oil also targeted an Aston Martin showroom in London – spraying it with orange paint last Sunday.

The same group was behind the action at London’s National Gallery last week when two campaigners threw tomato soup over Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” painting.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Simpletons.
Whatever hands they have glued to the floor, I would chainsaw them off.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

They should have left the cars running overnight too.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Give em all 10 yrs without the possibility of parole..

Might deter others

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
seems they aren't alone... apologizes for the link but it's got pics so it seems credible,

Seems they wan to end private ownership of vehicles if this blog is to be believed gonna have to research this more

bbcgossip.com...

A DOZEN eco-idiots stormed the Paris Motor Show last night and glued themselves to supercars – including a £180,000 Ferrari.

The Extinction Rebellion fanatics held up a banner and chanted as some of the eco-warriors sat on the floor and glued their hands to the bonnets of the cars.

Extinction Rebellion said 11 people were arrested after the stunt

A photo showed the activists clutching the banner which said “global of self-destruction” as stunned visitors watched on and walked past.

Four of the activists glued their hands to the front of the supercars – including a Ferrari Testarossa – and sprayed them with black paint.

Extinction Rebellion said 11 people were arrested after the minutes-long climate stunt in the French capital.

The group said: “The activists denounce a polluting industry which seeks to wash away its image with the help of green vehicles but continue to promote the individual car as the transport of the future.”

They called for an end to advertising individual ownership of private vehicles and improvements in public transport.

Activists said promoting personal vehicles as transport of the future was “absurd” due to the current prices of electricity and fuel.

Extinction Rebellion is one of a new wave of campaigners using direct action and civil disobedience to draw attention to their cause.

Activists have also been travelling around Paris at night to switch off store signs and advertising screens at a time when the government has called on people to cut back on electricity use.

It comes just days after another group of eco-zealots glued themselves to the floor of a VW dealership – and moaned they couldn’t use the toilet or get food after staff went home.

Unimpressed employees at the showroom in Germany locked the doors, switched off the lights, and dialed down the heating at the end of the working day.

But the group of nine activists from the “Scientist Rebel” group complained they were left in the dark during the demonstration.

They had stormed the showroom in Wolfsburg in protest of Volkswagen, the second-largest car producer in the world.

The eco-idiots then glued their hands to the ground on the Porsche pavilion floor in the company’s Autostadt building on Wednesday.

But they were left disgruntled when the staff refused to offer them a container to relieve themselves in while letting the temperature drop.

The activists staged the bold sit-in in the hopes of encouraging the government and big firms to decarbonize the German transport sector.

And eco-warriors from Just Stop Oil also targeted an Aston Martin showroom in London – spraying it with orange paint last Sunday.

The same group was behind the action at London’s National Gallery last week when two campaigners threw tomato soup over Vincent van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” painting.

These activists are definitely funded by the same 'people' behind the WEF etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They should have cones put around the area and biohazard tape up between them. Spill absorbing socks put around the group. Let them stew in each other's mess for a few days.

At least they picked an easy to remove glue. If you work with super glue, you learn to have acetone within reach.

Oh, they won't like that. Acetone is not really very environmentally friendly as it is made from crude oil. Oh well, sharpen the scrapers and wear hearing protection.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Simpletons.
Whatever hands they have glued to the floor, I would chainsaw them off.

I would have taken advantage of the captive audience.

Break out the stereo with the big speakers and treat them to a couple of hours of Barney the Dinosaur singing "I Love You."

Wheel in the karaoke machine and have them listen to my special rap versions of Barry Manilow songs.

Bring in the local biker gang and have them rev their engines for an hour or two.

Make them watch Joe Biden speeches and episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardasians.

The possibilities are endless. See how much skin and blood they leave on the floor trying to get away.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I saw this as advertisement for the purchase of a VW diesel in some capacity.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

My health is of course paramount.

More important than your own cause?

Oh the humanity of skin irritation and no toilet. As the Brits would say: BLOODY WIMPS!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join