It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are tired of being Boss Lady and want to be Stay At Home now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

They were failures if they didn’t feminize their men and belittle them at every twist and turn.

Why would a strong, independent woman, want a weak man?

They don't,

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's part of why you see these articles about 40+-year-old women who can't find a guy who fits their ideal. Unfortunately, your ideal is with someone 20 years younger than you without the baggage, so now you get to sit alone and write articles complaining about how there are no good men out there. Rather amusing to see it play out in real time.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

That's part of why you see these articles about 40+-year-old women who can't find a guy who fits their ideal. Unfortunately, your ideal is with someone 20 years younger than you without the baggage, so now you get to sit alone and write articles complaining about how there are no good men out there. Rather amusing to see it play out in real time.

That doesn't make any sense in response to my post.

It's a myth that strong independent women like weak men.

Women that "need" men -- have always been women who "need" men.

Women of past generations were raised to think they needed a man.

Independent women don't.

Do you think I want your baggage?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i still stand by my comment, im not sexist in any way, glad were all treated like equals, fair enough if all the corporations out there now hire to "hit there quotas"..

But end of the day, when the fan is hit, well see you ladies on front line infantry.. its only fair.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

She's the woman, she takes care of the home and everything else.

To be honest, I got the better part of the deal!

It's fabulous if it works out for women like your wife, or even men like my uncle who happily stayed home to raise the kids because his wife had a career that was high paying and she loved.

I'm almost feral so as a woman I just don't tick the right boxes for the traditional role. I think most women are like your wife and well suited to it, at least more so than I. It also depends on the type of husband a woman has. No one wants to stay home serving some abusive dude. (or lady for that matter)

I did experience the high pressures mentioned in the op to be unattainably "perfect" and to be honest I didn't try much as it was out of my reach but socially it's still out there. My mom was always tut tutting at my grubby kids but they were well fed and happy.

The other thing I think might be the problem with women fitting the workforce is that they had to fit into a system entirely designed by and for men. My point here is I worked as a welder and had the hardest time finding gloves that fit me. Stores wouldn't carry them as they didn't want to buy a wholesale bundle. Nowadays with online shopping it would be different. My mom got her stockbrokers license decades ago and couldn't get a job because companies kept asking her what her husband thought of her career choice and who would look after the children (we were all teens at boarding school)
Over simplistic examples really but I think the only way I could have done a better job as a traditional woman was in a traditional society where the burden is shared, time is flexible, kids are supervised by all, using your strengths where the are.

The move to the nuclear family is, to my mind, was the first step in the decay of society in that individuals were isolated with very high expectations.

Rambling now, sorry DBC it drifted a bit.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
< snort >

Told 'em a decade ago there's no such thing as having it all, otherwise the husbands would already have that squared away well ahead of wedding bells, or even first dates, themselves. If the boys can't have it all, them guess what? Having it all" is just a BS Shiny Thing distraction-competition concept. An impossible competition, no less.

The feminists truly did delude themselves straight through their own teeth. Now they're butthurt over lying to themselves.

There is a sort of sweet, schadenfreude-y poetic justice to it, though.

Maybe gratitude for the small things/events in life will come back into favor out of this.
Maybe.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Over simplistic examples really but I think the only way I could have done a better job as a traditional woman was in a traditional society where the burden is shared, time is flexible, kids are supervised by all, using your strengths where the are.

I didn’t expand on this but agree with this 1000%
This is evident in multi generation housing. Somehow that is just frowned upon by Americans.

There is also something magical that happens in multi generation housing. Grandma and Grandpa share things with the grandkids and they bridge the gap over the parents. Sometimes kids will listen and learn more from the elders.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don’t think it really a well guarded secret, but the only reason why woman where allowed to vote an work, was so they can be taxed like men.

With that said, I ain’t saying she a gold digger, but she ain’t messing with no broke figures.
edit on 11-10-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: igloo

I didn’t expand on this but agree with this 1000%
This is evident in multi generation housing. Somehow that is just frowned upon by Americans.

There is also something magical that happens in multi generation housing. Grandma and Grandpa share things with the grandkids and they bridge the gap over the parents. Sometimes kids will listen and learn more from the elders.

I totally support mutli-generation households. I even support multi-family -- and poly households.

To me -- the "one woman -- one man" is just not working. Few households can make it on one salary today. And the ones who suffer are the children.

Not only that -- but with a mixed age household -- everyone has to learn to accept difference and get along.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So as not to get off topic -- I was a 40 single woman with kids. Always the woman's fault. Let me tell you about the men in that age group. If they've never been married -- trust me -- you don't want them (it's all about men enough).

But, be prepared to share weekends with their kids, listen to their sob stories, and be prepared to pay for everything - cuz after child support they have no money. Or their married.

That's why they're not eligible.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It's a myth that strong independent women like men to begin with. They have such an idealized standard in their head that very few will ever measure up to. Those that do measure up are going to be otherwise unavailable, as the strong independent woman hasn't exactly made herself fun to be around. Hence no finding of partners, hence the label that men who don't bend the knee are weak.

Baggage is best built together in your 20s and something that the partnership shoulders together, something that the strong, independent woman eschews in her desire for an "equal" that doesn't quite exist. Yet people wonder why marriages have failed at such a drastic rate, although that does appear to be changing for the better, just not for the strong independent types.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Wise Juicy Jay once said: "Girlfriend it's gone cost a fee, get yo ass and work the streets Pay ya boy and make me rich so we keep them Swishers lit"

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

It's a myth that strong independent women like men to begin with. They have such an idealized standard in their head that very few will ever measure up to. Those that do measure up are going to be otherwise unavailable, as the strong independent woman hasn't exactly made herself fun to be around. Hence no finding of partners, hence the label that men who don't bend the knee are weak.

That's ridiculous stereotyping.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: Thrumbo
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'm a dude bro 🤣

I was reflecting on the chase and the results of it.

Y'all really thought I was a woman! That's perfect.

🍻 Even if you are a woman.

I think most these problems are US / European issues.

South America sounds better and better every day. Somewhere remote, on the beach.

Took note of that as well a bit ago, especially where I live. Tis’ why I myself looked overseas for a woman. Didn’t like what I was seeing in the women round this neck of the city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join