It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people and posture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Your screen advice might be great for someone who doesn't have presbyopia, but for the massive majority of people over ~40, it needs to start just below eye level due to the overwhelming majority of progressive lens wearers.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: JAGStorm

Kids today need to go out and have a good old dirtball fight. Put the phone down and back away slowly.

Climb up on a school roof with a few buckets of crab apples after it gets dark and throw them at cars and people without ever being seen or have anyone know where they are coming from 🤣 that's what we did for fun when we are about 12, 13, 14 or so. If we were daring and wanted to maybe initiate a chase by some grown man we would throw them from behind some trees where they would know they were coming from.

Or I can remember when car alarms first came out onto the Market and not many people had them setting off car alarms by kicking the tire and running was a freaking blast. There was a head banger with a nice camaro and he would always give us a good chase, sometimes with his friends too, either by foot or he would get right in his car and drive around and look for us. Hiding in some bushes, all out of breath, sweaty and scared #less that you're gonna get your ass kicked bad by the long hair with the AC/DC tshirt.... good times.

In the winter bumper hitching was the best. Get a "good" pair of shoes without much grip and grab onto the back of random cars and see how long you could hold on. Our favorite was doing it to city busses because if you grabbed on the back of the bus in the middle the bus driver couldn't see you and you could go for a real good, long ride, haha. When it was really cold out we would call the teleride number so we knew exactly when the bus was coming. Sometimes there would be 4 or 5 of us holding on all at once.
edit on 25-9-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
part of the reason periodically I drag my 4 yr old out into the woods for a hike, hopefully I get him interested in staying active.

He has recently started taking an interest in walking my old husky, so we have added that in as well once he can get all the way through a walk with the husky that will become one of his chores to earn some money.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: Gothmog

Your screen advice might be great for someone who doesn't have presbyopia, but for the massive majority of people over ~40, it needs to start just below eye level due to the overwhelming majority of progressive lens wearers.

You tellin me ?
I passed 40 years ago . Decades .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join