It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people and posture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I was just with a big group of high schoolers.

Oh My Word……All of the kids have posture issues and some severe to the point of already looking like they have dowagers humps.
The nonstop use of cellphone while looking down, or laptops is wreaking havoc on their growing necks and backs.
I was shocked at some of these kids. The girls were a tad worse than the boys.

If you want to get rich start getting into the field of chiropractic care or physical therapy. We are going to have a massssssssive generation of people that are going to need it.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Unless they all starve from our progressive policies first.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Unless they all starve from our progressive policies first.

People might not think this is a big deal, but I think this is going to be a massive medical issue in the years to come.
It wasn’t just one or two kids either, it was ALL of them just to varying degrees.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
tech neck is already in the medical journals. i know i struggle with poor posture. i struggle to be aware of it. www.everydayhealth.com...
reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The physical issues they're going to experience will be relatively minor compared to the mental health issues they're going to face from living on social media I'm
edit on 24-9-2022 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

All of the kids have posture issues and some severe

All of the kids have all kind of avoidable issues and most severe .

FYI a screen should be slightly above the normal straight ahead .

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I can tell that you do a lot of thinking. You're absolutely right. I have a 16 year old that I have to constantly tell to straiten his back. Times are a-changin.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How is this worse than leaning over to play a gameboy, or read a comic book?

Doesn’t seem new. Just there is a new medium.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Do Yoga thank me later.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a generation of Quasimodo's

the military could use a few good bell ringers.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

They weren’t on gameboys nearly as much as phone usage.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Dude, none of us who cut our teeth on the hand-held Originals spent enough time doing that, or spent enough time reading the comics, TO BORK OUR POSTURE.

See, we put our books and Gameboy # down, and went outside. I. E got off our asses more than once or twice a day. Today's teens never get up off their duffs at all anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   
similar to spending day and night sewing by candlelight or any other pre modern age backbreaking activities that F*cked their bodies..

so like many other spheres our tech is helping us progressing backwards..

The AI's must be laughing at us when they become self aware..

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
For whatever reason, and i dont even recall from exactly where but i am certain it came from either a TV show or movie, posture was always something i was conscious of since childhood. Shoulders up, legs straight stomach tucked in. Must have been a military influence. And since i rarely move about with a cellular device i have certainly got no tech neck.

I have been drilling my older teenager about it recently. I saw him walking home while i was waiting for the light on the way to work; facing down buried in his screen. I hollered at him from a lane over and said look up, your going to get caught slipping.

I reminded him later that you do not know who is observing or even following you if you disable your situational awareness. This is what burying ones face in a screen in public does, it compromises our sitiational awareness.

The posture thing is so annoying too, but vigiliance is more my concern.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Not many peeps read comics for 12 hrs a day

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Kids today need to go out and have a good old dirtball fight. Put the phone down and back away slowly.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Interesting observation.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this while in public to see if I notice the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I see kids and teens outside all the time. Doing pretty much all the same stuff I did at those ages. Riding bikes, kicking balls, sat around being moody, being a general menace and all that good stuff. Well thats a lie I never rode a bike if there was a way out of it.

Not too long ago I remember my grandparents saying the exact same thing about computers and games consoles as people are in this thread about phones.

Smartphones were around when I was a teenager and no one I know is a deformed mutant or a zombie-like shut in glued to the screen.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Worse still is how they are slumped over texting on their phones while they are driving..
I see it all the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Too much of anything is a bad thing. That's what I always say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join