It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran deploys female special forces to quell anti-government protests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Clamping down hard in Iran, especially in the Kurdistan areas don't forget that. Hopefully, this stunt won't work, imagine the ramifications if finally, the religious zealot government aligned with China and Russia falls. It' absolutely crazy that this is a "problem" in modern society. Can anybody say Iran has improved with this form of government?

You have to wonder who is fueling the riots now, they seem to be much longer and more intense than protests in the past. Is it organic? didn't both China and Russia have had huge deals with Iran fairly recently?

www.msn.com...

Iran has deployed female special forces to its streets for the first time in a desperate bid to quell mass protests that erupted over a young woman dying after a beating at the hands of morality police.

The elite commando unit was dispatched to patrol streets with photographers to catch protest ringleaders, as human rights groups said the death toll from the unrest had risen to 31.

The death of Mahsa Amini, who was allegedly beaten by morality police for improper dress before she fell into a coma, has led to unprecedented demonstrations across the country. Failing to wear a headscarf has been illegal in Iran since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Colonel Heydari, the female commando unit's leader, confirmed in a video released on Thursday that female troops were being deployed at public protests for the first time.

When asked by reporters if the presence of female commandos would only fuel the unrest, he responded: "The arrival of our women's police force is to bring peace. I'm sorry to see other women in these protests carrying out illegal actions that are inconsistent with social rules."

edit on 23-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Female special forces and Iran are words I never thought I'd see so close to together but we learn something new every day.

(post by Zrtst removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Female special forces and Iran are words I never thought I'd see so close to together but we learn something new every day.

I know seems very contradictory to me as well, plus it seems they are sending women out cause some of the men they send out are getting the tar beaten out of them.

Very interesting dynamics going on

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Possibly, however, they are going against other women, so doesn't the same apply to both sides, on top of there are loads more on the opposing side what if they are synced up? Thusly regardless of their mental state, obviously the other side is extremely motivated as well.

Seriously though it's a bad look and could backfire, it looks like a feeble attempt at projecting we are all about equal look at these women's special forces unit, who were no doubt formed for this exact reason.

It doesn't matter how indoctrinated the women's special forces are, eventually I could see them siding with the protestors.

edit on Fri Sep 23 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I sure hope those special forces women are wearing their headscarves!

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

If you clicked the link you would see that they are.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This is a regime change try.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Why no such protests agaisnt improper dress in Saudi Arabia despite being a dictatorship? women are beaten in jails and yet no protests...

I suppose if you are a vassal state to the US you can be a dictator.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

As they are in Saudi Arabia and other gulf states and how come there are no protests over there on that issue of the headscarves?

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Didn't mean for the thread to turn into open mike night at the elementary school, and I enjoy a good boob joke but damn I don't see any"jokes" above a 12-year boy's old level, when did ATS turn into Reddit?

My thing is I got daughters around her age, have you seen pictures of Mahsa Amini? they beat her to death over a fricking scarf. But yea let's have more boobie jokes ATS.

Want to see the pic? Click below

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The main thing though is this could boil up and topple regimes, and have semi-far-reaching consequences

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah blame us, not their society.

Good logic.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Why no such protests agaisnt improper dress in Saudi Arabia despite being a dictatorship? women are beaten in jails and yet no protests...

I suppose if you are a vassal state to the US you can be a dictator.

And here comes the whataboutisms, would be nice to discuss something without blaming America

not to mention perhaps it's coming?

Regardless you do know, even if the US sticks its nose into everything, what makes you believe other countries don't do the same?

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Any woman who willfully polices these protests is not just a gender traitor, but a rat. I can forgive the men, because they have an inherent weakness that causes insecurity and controlling us is how they deal with that. But as for the women, we know what it's like to be on the receiving end. It absolutely disgusts me that they will enforce the mistreatment of women to appease weak men. These people are on the same level of twisted and evil as Ghislane Maxwell.
edit on 23/9/2022 by MetalChickAmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Yeah blame us, not their society.

Good logic.

Not blaming anybody Lyseric

just thought you could come up with something intelligent besides a boob joke, why so sensitive.

Where did I blame anybody except the religious zealots of the Iranian government?

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Really? Where?

I don't see any female special forces pictured. Not in helmets, not in headscarves.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

As they are in Saudi Arabia and other gulf states and how come there are no protests over there on that issue of the headscarves?

These people aren't protesting "headscarves", they're protesting the Morality Police killing a woman, et al, for wearing the wrong headscarf. This is their Black Lives Matter moment, only it's "Woman's lives Matter".

edit on 23-9-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join