It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Making Significant Gains in Eastern Counter-Offensive

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

"Simply ridiculous"?

Apologise for what?

Yes, do move on, please.

Lose the snarkiness, please.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

More like "Run away"!!!!!

No.

Of course is glorious tactical movement of Russian Army from places they weren't actually interested in.

Or somesuch.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Winter is coming:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Any comment on moving current events?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Your comment?

.www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Your comment?

.www.theguardian.com...

My comment on WHAT IF Ukrainian forces move into Russia and attempt to take Belgorod?

Another of your hypothetical questions...but, sure, I think it would be interesting to see what happens...IF it happens.
It would also be great to see Russia get a taste of it's own medicine.

My guess, however, is that it won't happen.

But, if it should, Ukrainian soldiers will probably soon be facing Russia's very best forces and top equipment...instead of their contractual forces and antiquated junk.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Has anyone other than russia ever suggested that Ukraine has any interest in invading russia?

They don't.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

Has anyone other than russia ever suggested that Ukraine has any interest in invading russia?

They don't.

I agree.
First I've ever heard of it was several posts up.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They don't.

I agree.
First I've ever heard of it was several posts up.

Search the tube for Russian Media Monitor.

russian tv people make this claim on a regular basis.

That and russian invasion supporters are the only places I've heard it.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think Putin would nuke Ukraine. If Russia is pushed out completely I think the Donbas becomes like the west bank over the next few decades

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

What's so wrong with asking hypothetical questions?

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112
Personally, I don't think Putin would nuke Ukraine. If Russia is pushed out completely I think the Donbas becomes like the west bank over the next few decades

From what I've read the separatist 'Republics' are in a pretty horrible state. They've been badly depopulated by people fleeing the fighting, too many of their remaining men have been used as cannon fodder by the Russians in the present fighting, their heavy industry is ancient and literally falling apart, there is very bad pollution and promised Russian financial support has not materialised. They are literally patsies - useful idiots used by Putin as an excuse to meddle in Ukraine and try to destabilise it.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

"But, if it should, Ukrainian soldiers will probably soon be facing Russia's very best forces and top equipment...instead of their contractual forces and antiquated junk"

Contrary to russian propaganda, Ukraine has already defeated many of russia's best units, and have most of the remaining russian airborne divisions hopelessly trapped on the wrong side of a river.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

....Ukrainian soldiers will probably soon be facing Russia's very best forces and top equipment...instead of their contractual forces and antiquated junk.

We've been hearing things like this since the start of the invasion, but it makes no sense.

Putin has come out with all sorts of reasoning and justifications for his invasion.
But its been consistently alleged that Russia are only using their inexperienced armed forces and their old and almost obsolete machinery.

The question is; why?
What purpose does that serve?

Surely Russia would be best served if they achieved a quick victory.
Less expense, less loss of life, hurry the de-Nazification programme up, security and safety of 'Russian' Ukrainians quicker, speed up the normalisation of relations on the international stage, enhance Russian military reputation, blah blah blah.
The exact opposite of all of them are happening at present.

So where's the logic behind the current strategy?
What's the point?

Seems to me its all a crock of the proverbial.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Contrary to russian propaganda, Ukraine has already defeated many of russia's best units, and have most of the remaining russian airborne divisions hopelessly trapped on the wrong side of a river.

Wouldn't surprise me Russia is lying about plenty of things.
Ukraine is, as well.
Way too much propaganda all around...with truth likely somewhere in the middle.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   
BBC News - Turkey's Erdogan: Russia's Putin willing to end war
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sounds hopeful?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sounds hopeful?

He's no doubt feeling the pressure from within the Kremlin but I doubt he'll be willing to give up claims on Luhansk , Donetsk and Crimea to dig himself out of the hole he's dug for himself and his troops , with Russia now firmly on the back foot the only way to end this is for Russian forces to return to their bases in Russia but I doubt Putin will be willing to do that.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Might be his way out?

BBC News - Ukraine war: Occupied areas call urgent vote to join Russia
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said that "sham 'referendums' will not change anything".

I'm inclined to agree , given the amount of territory Ukraine have regained in Donbas recently the call seems like a ploy , elections in war zones can't be representative.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But, surely Russia is a beacon for democracy?

I'm sure I was told that on here?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join