It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The polarisation in America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: littlecorn

Implode ? Maybe. But if we go down, so do you.

Mentalities such as this don't bring people together. We should care for one another, rather than be happy someone else suffers when we do.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: DAVID64

So I see things from the outside looking in.

I don't need these assholes telling me how to live my life.

Sums it up nicely.

That's what is causing all the polarisation.

Both the left and right feel this way for different reasons.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

The New World Order guarantees misery for all and it's where we're headed, so no one should be happy about our new overlords.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Duress is a continuous condition of coercion of the free will of a being or group of beings by another being or group of beings through threats of violence and/or actual acts of violence, if those being coerced do not comply with the decrees or commands they are given.

When people are held in the condition of DURESS, they are unlawfully prevented from exercising their free will to engage in rights which they actually possess, and/or they are coerced through threats of violence to perform behaviors against their free will.

Why are we agitated? Because we are ENSLAVED, UNDER GENOCIDE, and history is gradually beginning to repeat itself.

edit on PMTuesday2pm2247165Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:58:47 -0500588 by livinglight108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Amen!!

The only people calling me a fascist, or nazi--or what ever the word of the day is--are the gibbering morons on the "news" channels...

My neighbors haven't, nor are they likely to. My fellow employees, and employer for that matter, haven't, nor are they likely to.

I have interesting discussions upon occasion at work about issues such as vaxxing, and politics, etc... They get a little heated upon occasion, but no one is called a fascist, or a nazi, or a pedo, or what the F-ever the pejoratives of choice are...

Odd how real life doesn't necessarily reflect on the "reality" the nattering nabobs would have us believe exists.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2022 by TheReaversChain because: e.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Unfortunately most Americans have become too weak minded, they don’t realize they’re being manipulated by both sides and are happy to live in heated ignorance.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Don't mistake just wanting to be left alone for weakness.

Everyone has a line that's dangerous to cross. Dangerous to the crosser, that is.

Not everyone that looks like a sheep, is.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

and sheep are not always weak or drivable.. the local regiment fondly called themselves the lambs and a lamb was their regimental mascot.. the who Germans who met them in battle gave them the unofficial nickname the iron regiment at aubers ridge for their steadfast ironically the battle of boars head a year later is known as the day Sussex died as not one town/ village hamlet didn't lose someone that day, an insignificant diversionary attack the day before the battle of the Somme..

for some especially farming communities sheep & lamb means more than things like the son of god it also means life..

the local motto is "we wunt be druv" its a shorthand way of saying we are sheep you (the state/gov) can't drive, that goes back to bloody Mary and bishop Bonner building the largest human bonfire to drive the sheep back into the pews, I guess the moral is never underestimate even those deemed sheep as you never know what it'll throw up, after all this is where Tom Paine started espousing his rights of man..

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Exactly!!

I've lived in this world for nigh on sixty years, and I've, as they say, been around the block a few times... There's a lesson that I've learned in that time, and that is...

Judging a book by it's cover isn't always a good thing. The same applies for folks just wanting to live their lives peacefully...just because they don't look like wolves, doesn't mean they aren't wolves.

edit on 8/31/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I'm not sure how barging into their conversation and taking sides does anything bar make it all the more polarised..

as an outsider I take them as they come, and can work with both, my only issue is navigating the lines both sides have.. in the real world my lines are not discussing wages, house size, religion or ideology as at the bottom of all this I know all the Americans I've met in the last 3 decades have been genuinely nice people..

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   

living in this part of England long ago i learnt no one is disarmed as long as they remember they have the skill and will to follow through.. while Americans are thought to be obsessed with their flag & firearms for the people here its pirate flags, black powder and blowing stuff up, people are people and never so dissimilar except when seen by those taking sides.. which this thread feels an example of I'd argue my country is as polarised as the US and as many other countries around the world.. I suspect the OPs is as well, but it could be a case of none so blind as those that refuse to see..

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: littlecorn

And yes ... I think Trump is a bad influence. You had a man as President who could not debate and instead insulted, and I think many of his followers bathe in this ignorance as though it's a good thing.

Sounds like Americans aren't the only people who are polarized ... at least Americans are only polarized by their own politics.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I completely agree. Both sides are chalk-full of people who are quick to label you this or that. Trump was divisive. He often insulted or trolled his opponents. I do agree that his personality is bad for America. Division has exploded since he became POTUS. Media also has alot of blame. As, it's not all Trump's fault. He is just a continual catalyst.

That's why i respect people like Ben Shapiro. I disagree with alot of his opinions, but he mostly forms opinions based on logic and isn't quick to label people he argues with as "leftist globalist shills" right off the bat.

We defintely need better debate in America. The Biden admin, Trump, and media are all complicit in pushing division. None have said, lets take a step back, get outside our typical party responses and attitudes, and try to create comprimises the benifit all of America.

I see those Trump supporters who are unwaivering the same as die-hard leftist Biden supporters who cannot see the faults in their own party.

There is rational discussions going on. Unfortunately, both sides tend to prop up the irrational hatred-fueled pundits and writers who seemingly want a civil war.

I think the key is to turn off fox news, msnbc, cnn, OAN, ect.. AND start electing politicians who want to grow America and aren't in the pockets of corporations. Stop electing politicians that stroke division, entertain extremists, and think insider trading is okay if you're a politician (nancy pelosi).

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton is a good example. I think many see them as strong women who are fighting for the American people. They are the definition of wolves in sheep's clothing in my opinion.

Also, i think it's good to look out for projection and hypocrisy. Quite a few mainstream republicans are jumping on "leftist are groomers" train. They never point out the pedophilia in the republican party as well. How many anti-abortionists have helped their family members get abortions?

Or how many democrats are deep in the pockets of corporations and international country influences that they so readily accuse Trump of?

I often wonder if it would be better if we banned all parties and poltiicians could not associate themselves with any party during an election or while in office.
I think people would vote better if that was the case.

edit on 31-8-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: littlecorn
Why you guys so agitated?
Americans, why so many of you so wound up and polarised?

The New Republican Party (NRP) is a consequence of history. Trump is not special. The way you become a leader is you find a parade and step in front of it. You can’t have Hitler rise to power unless you have the mentality of the 1930s German people. The USA used to be a manufacturing superpower. Like the way the Treaty of Versailles angered the 1930s German people, US manufacturing moving to China has made the people of the United States extremely angry over losing so many good paying jobs. In a recent poll, “a record 58% who say that America’s best years are behind it.”

The Chinese have pegged the Yuan to the dollar at a rate of 6 to 1. Most other currencies float against the dollar. So if a trade imbalance occurs, it naturally corrects itself. But not with the Yuan and not with China. The US could pay off its national debt and the Yuan would still be pegged 6 to 1 against the dollar. The problem with China pegging the Yuan to the dollar is the dollar is a unit labor cost. A CEO gets 6 Chinese workers for every 1 American worker because of the Yuan being pegged. This is why NOTHING is manufactured in America anymore. At some point, the USA will stop being a military super power because there's no tax base to support military spending.

If the US government did something about unfair Chinese currency manipulations all the US factories and good paying jobs would return. But this is not going to happen because the Chinese are paying hefty sums of money to politicians through lobbyists. Lobbyists entice or force politicans to pass laws, or NOT pass laws, preserving the Yuans most favored status in exchange for political campaign financing.

People making the median wage are sick of having no representation in DC. Foreign governments and interests pay lobbyists to force politicians to send trillions of dollars in foreign aid at the expence of the American tax payer. Lobbyists get representation. The worker making the median wage has NO representation. Money talks, everything is BS, delusion, or propaganda.

The problems with our country are not rocket science. Lobbyists entice or force our politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. There simply are no fair, free, and open markets left to wring out the inefficiencies of exhorbinant CEO pay and excessive dividend payouts. Again the worker making the median wage is gouged into poverty because there's no competition. The evidence markets have all been rigged is clear:

"Nowhere in any section of the US political establishment is there a single mention of stopping the rampant price-gouging by corporations." "In 2021, profits surged 35 percent compared to the previous year, in the highest increase in corporate profitability since 1950."

And Big Oil enjoys another quarter of record profits as they gouge the consumer into poverty and recession. Every summer it's the same stupid excuses. No matter what they say it's ALL just an excuse to gouge the consumer. It's all engineered scarcity from made up delusions. Isn't funny how the refineries are always working good enough and there's always just enough supply to deliver record profits! But the refineries are never working good enough to keep prices down!

The US democracy simply cannot continue with this much lack of representation for the worker making the median wage. The US will plunge into a right wing military style authoritarian dictatorship without question. And if the American people think taxes are bad under a Democracy with having Democrats around just wait until they see how bad taxes will be when the country is back under monarchy!

Boy, how far we've come from when this song was the zeitgeist of the American people:

Something is coming to us all and it ain't LOVE!

edit on 31-8-2022 by AllSeeingEye2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Americans, why so many of you so wound up and polarised?

Overuse of rainbow flags and the deliberate upending of Christian morality.

For example presidential hopeful Ron DeSantis strikes a chord by telling Disney's 'woke ideals' to go F themselves.

The selling points for one side, the indoctrination of children to a new set of forced inclusive morals, is the enemy to the other. And vise versa.

It really does boil down to a pseudo-holy war.

"Get your theology off my biology" vs. The red words.

The reverse of our 1950's, instead of adding "Under God" to The Pledge of Allegiance, the tide is shifting towards wanting it restored to the Pre Cold War version.

That's how I see it. An ideological battle for the best standardized morality.

Or an adverse reaction to the 'aeonic vaccine' if you will.

edit on 1-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Inflation is rapidly making superficial differences fade in importance.
People tend to care less about their pronouns when they can't afford food or rent.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

there is always equality in death and poverty..

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I think many see them as strong women who are fighting for the American people.

Fighting for the American people??

Are we even talking about the same Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton??

The two women who regularly insult at least half the voters of the United States???

Strong women?? Women who've changed their opinions on matters depending upon who is in the Oval Office??

Not my definition of strong by any stretch.

It's safe to say that I am fairly conservative in most of my views...but I can respect someone like Tulsi Gabbard who, near as I can tell, hasn't drifted all that far away from what got her elected to the House in the first place. That's a strong woman. I may not agree with her ideas some of the time, but I respect that she believes what she believes. Her only mistake is not following along with the Hillary, Biden, Obama clique. Not that I consider that to be a mistake...but Hawai'i apparently did.

More fools they.

<< 1    3 >>

join