It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s happening with money

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There are so many weird things happening with money. Nothing big and shocking, but many many small things that equal something much bigger happening.

Biden erasing debt
Coin “shortage”
Crypto being on and off
Rates for mortgages going up but housing cost staying up
Gas/food/utilities heading toward hyperinflation
Food issues like warehouse fires, crop damage, lack of water
Younger generation places value on experiences not things
Things that have been historically “valuable” are being advertised as not to the younger generation “gold, diamonds, gems, single family housing, solid cars, quality goods, quality foods, vacations with service vs. airbnbs”
Commercial real estate is hanging on by threads as are fast food joints, pharmacies, and a lot of other industries. A story in my local area said there is such a pharmacist shortage that they are some giving 75K sign on bonuses. Some major pharmacies are opening late, closing early. In my are some have completely shut down for lengths of time.

Something came up yesterday that somewhat shocked me. I normally pay my medical bills through my online healthcare insurance portal. It’s all done electronically. Yesterday it said the hospital system no longer accepts that payment..from a major insurance company. It seems every day something like this happens.

Take any of those things, not a big deal. Start looking at the whole picture and it’s clear we are heading in one direction. Death by a thousand cuts.
The fall of the US dollar and our monetary collapse.

There are still some that don’t believe it, or don’t want to hear about the “negativeness”. There is only so long you can avoid reality.

Hyperinflation, real hyperinflation and the possibility of a completely new monetary system.
It doesn’t matter if Biden gets rid of college debt when all of it is going to go away, funny money!
I know many have said the phrase “you will own nothing and be happy”. It seems like we are heading in that direction
Some of these things have been happening for years but it appears there is a need to speed things ups. It will be interesting to see what transpires in the next few!

Good luck everyone, brace yourselves!

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It will be interesting to see what transpires in the next few!

It most certainly will mate.

Also thought this lady raised some very interesting points.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Agreed on most of the things you posted. They are definitely getting ready for a US crypto monetary reset, seems like things are accelerating and they WANT it to accelerate.

I'm just sitting back with my popcorn and waiting. It's going to get much worse before it get's better. All I can say is if you haven't already prepared, you might want to start. I think I am as prepared as I can be. I won't be in the food line and I am relatively healthy and no clot shot, have land and food sources that don't include a grocery store, have ways to purify water, have ways to defend me and mine (lead investments). Worse comes to worse, I bug out.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't even know anymore. Trudeau is stepping back and doing nothing.

Trudeau's hands off approach to inflation is becoming untenable

Working in retail, I'm watching the price of food go up and up. Especially fresh meat and produce. Twenty dollars for a watermelon. A single watermelon. Sixteen dollars for a bag of cherries. Hamburger meat, normally cheap, is beginning to rise to levels people are hesitant to pay. Frozen meat is becoming the go-to for many now instead. If this keeps up, hunters will be relying on kills this fall just to keep going the rest of the year for meat.

People can't sell their homes at this point. Mortgages are out of the reach of quite a lot of us.

Gas is just ridiculous. We go nowhere unless it's to work or necessary trips around town. I have to make the half tank of gas I put in each payday last the whole two weeks.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
as the uk was meant to be in a race with the Nordics to be the first to go cashless I've been pleasantly surprised how a combination of pandemic and cost of living crisis has forced many to go back to cash.. the uplift is tap and pay limits here to £100 a transaction make it too easy for the poorest to get into debt really quickly..

when combined with everything else its easy to see society imploding this winter, money, food, heat, healthcare in a zombie economy is going to give us all poor outcomes..

At this point I can only see low tax approaches as the one that works but only because its a beggar thy neighbour before they beggar you approach there is no way through this that doesn't result in someone pulling that trigger to save themselves, their political party and their country..

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I overheard a person at a fast food joint ask for their change back and the employee denied citing "change shortage." I didn't think that was right, but it wasn't my issue and I didn't get involved. However, the customer didn't complain, and I think that was the wrong move as well. They basically accepted the outcome; unintended thievery.
I think it's a phase out, deliberately controlling the flow of money, eventually becoming fully digital and monitored. The steps they were trying to take with our banks notifying the irs whenever $600 or more is transferred was pretty clear in that resolve.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Catherine Austin Fitts said it:
"With advances in digital technology, we're now looking at complete control, through the banking system, of all assets. 100%."

“Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.”
...Mayer Amschel Rothschild

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

thats sounds scary while I've seen/feel the rises here buying from local farm shops tends to offset some of the rises but for how long will be the question unless they scrap the net zero green taxes, its the only way the poor here will be able to buy food/heat their homes and get to work this winter..

the use of magic money trees only makes the rich richer as they have every excuse to price gouge..

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Every western country is experiencing these same issues.

It's orchestrated.

CBDC is on the horizon, which, if they can implement completely and eliminate cash, will enable almost full control of the citizenry.

Shutting the economy down and firing half the workforce because of the vid probably had some effect I would guess.

edit on 8/30/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes there is more to add to that list as well.

This is very scary time to see everything flipped on its head. Anyone trying to make the correct move for humankind is crucified. What humans could be capable of but unstead corporate greed and control is where we are lead and we follow.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I know I’ve missed a few things, if you care to add please do.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Every shortage and money problem is caused by the most highly educated people in the World.

Never has the uneducated class ever been able to achieve such stature 😀

Therefore, there is always a sinister motive to the chaos 😀

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Every shortage and money problem is caused by the most highly educated people in the World.

I believe it but I wonder why they are speeding everything up. Is it because they know this generation will fight back/riot.
Maybe as a whole they are harder to control? There has to be a reason behind it.

Is it so they can usurp the remaking boomer wealth?

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
They can't fight us if they're busy trying to survive.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: xuenchen

I believe it but I wonder why they are speeding everything up. Is it because they know this generation will fight back/riot.
Maybe as a whole they are harder to control? There has to be a reason behind it.

Is it so they can usurp the remaking boomer wealth?

They're moving faster this time so they can make-up for lost time and to get ahead of their curve for the (soon to be) next time they're not in the "LimeLight Power Circle" 😀

The targets are the middle and lower class as we now see 😀

The highest impacted victims today are not the upper class 😀

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
First and foremost. Money is an illusion. Federal Reserve Note, Bitcoin, Euro, Ruble, Gold, pretty blue rocks from the creek…money is valued at whatever agree upon and accept as the value. One ounce of gold is one ounce; in 1942 one ounce was $35, today it is $1743. Why? Because people say so and you agree to it.

But let’s say all the countries crash and we are on our own. What is an ounce of gold worth then? $1700? $17.00? Surely more than a dozen eggs…but maybe not because the guy with chickens just wants to pay people in eggs to shoot foxes. Converting gold to something he wants is a hassle to him. No one can make change and no one wants flakes. The ounce of gold is kinda useless until converted to some other lower and portable currency. Coins or bottle caps maybe. But probably individual bullets will be a currency standard. So will coins because change is easy to understand. Whereas bullets come in calibers which is a harder set of values to agree upon. Like a 45 v 22 v 9mm. Would a 22 short be worth more than a 22 LR?

But so long as we are under current standards of currency. The prudent steps would be to insulate yourself with independent food and heat production. Having a a low tech marketable skill is very handy such as carpentry, wood working, sewing, blacksmithing, ceramics, weaving or similar skills. Merchants will still be needed, expect to be more of a traveling kind unless you start a town. Which means more adventure than trade skills.

edit on 30-8-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The whole time Obama was in office a lot of people were convinced he was the anti-Christ and would be the last US POTUS, citing many prophecies, including those by Nostradamus.

Hillary WAS supposed to become the next Supreme Leader, but failed. Now we have Biden, with many thinking the puppet master is lord obama himself.

Maybe people were right. We'll see what position Barry holds in the new regime.

With all the NATO nation on a mission to destroy the fabric of free nations it's impossible not to see controlled demolition at play.

I no longer have a dog in this fight, but my heart breaks for my children and grandchildren and all the people who will know what they've lost when the last vestiges of freedom are taken from them.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I tend to feel when looking down at the overall picture the establishment are not ushering in an order they control, but rather forging a new reformation. a reformation that'll put us on the path back to enlightenment and reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What you are experiencing is the squeeze as they drain out the wealth of the western world.

Thanks Russia.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Was about to say the same thing about water, as we are seeing water in the news quite a bit lately as well. Even here on ATS, does it mean there is something nefarious or any malfeasance going on?

Probably,

But there are always countries, industries, and companies trying to get ahead of the next thing so when something new pops we start tying it all together.

Sort of like we started tying everything food related together, and every convenience store fire was Klaus and George lighting the match.

Not saying it isn't possible but we need more info, and FWIW all those strings aren't necessarily tied together.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join