It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses Strike Minneapolis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was holding my tongue how this correlates with teachers.

Institutions are failing. Seeing them all under that umbrella shows a terrible future.

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Minnesota looks like another blue paradise state primed for a fall.

There's this and there is the news that the teachers' union there can fire white teachers first and not hire you as a teacher unless you affirm CRT and similar.

no doubt Minnesota is a blue cluster fk , but the nursing issue is not only an issue in blue states. Down here in Desantis florida country its also an issue.

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

There are a lot of jobs that are struggling with labor all over for various reasons. Nursing is one. Trucking is another. Waitressing is another. Business models can only afford so much, workers can only afford to work for so much but inflation makes that unsupportable on all ends.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I was a critical care nurse for 22 years, a floor Staff RN for 6, and still have my RN license in 13 states but semi retired at age 60. I think you are spot on. The real dedicated RN's go to the the union mainly because of the staffing ratio alone. There were never enough nurses, never enough ancillary help, the entire staff and I was charge for years on floors where everyone was exhausted all the time. They would over load you to the point that you were sure to make a mistake someday, and they would throw you under the bus the first chance they had if you messed up. And yes I went independent contractor in Texas most of those Critical Care years. If those bastards were going to try to make me lose my license or wear me out physically, they were going to pay. There was sure as hell no one else that would do it. I'm overseas after a medical mission, and when COVID hit I was bombarded by former managers asking me to come home for more pay than I could have ever dreamed of when I was full time. My little Filipina RN's that worked with me for years and joined our nursing agency early on in the pandemic told me, "Po, don't come back, you are too old , you will catch it, we all will,and things are bad the way they are handling it."

And by the way we were on the Texas Border most of those year. Yearly losses by the tiny hospitals I worked at in Mission, McAllen, and Brownsville caring for illegal immigrants cost them $3-$5 million per year. Each . That was 1997 -2013. Every year. Imagine how much the locals and your tax dollars are going there now to keep medical facilities on the border up and running.

edit on 25-8-2022 by Bikolcano because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2022 by Bikolcano because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There are a lot of jobs that are struggling with labor all over for various reasons. Nursing is one. Trucking is another. Waitressing is another. Business models can only afford so much, workers can only afford to work for so much but inflation makes that unsupportable on all ends.

Yes they are but the problem is that the "Business models" has been taking advantage of employees for a long time in those sectors and the employees appear to have had enough. Those same Business that are complaining that they can't pay more are the same ones that can some how afford to give $10M - $50M Plus bonus even when the business is failing to executive positions.

It sounds to me that the short staffing issues is suggesting that the market is dictating better wages and better benefits and the "Business Model" is not willing to adjust.

Also it appears that covid 19 has created a NEW "Business model". That NEW "business model" is to Under-staff , over work , provide nearly non existent customer service , no guarantees or quality of work, and then blame it all on COVID with no consequences.

edit on 43831America/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2022 11:43:59 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bikolcano

Looks like more nurses are getting tired of the BS.

wlos.com...

spectrumnews1.com...

www.nationalnursesunited.org...

edit on 09831America/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2022 12:09:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It’s happening soon, 11K nurses ready to strike for 10 days!

What is going to happen to patients? This is scary!

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yep, I would be as careful as possible and avoid any dangerous situations and put any voluntary medical procedures on hold. I think it is going to get scary at a lot of hospitals.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Be careful they building robots to replace everyone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join