It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 2 years of being exceptionally careful, I just came down with covid.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Does she describe herself as antivax or is that just a label that others and her mother bestowed upon her?

a reply to: Annee

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011
All those symptoms pre 2020, pre covid would have been summed up to nasty cold or flu. It's really nothing new except now people are missing two years of keeping their immune system fit by artificial cover up methods such as masks/over sanitizing. All perfectly appropriate for those who are severely compromised but for healthy people it's a bit overkill.

Hope you feel better soon. Never fun.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Covid is endemic. It's foolish to think you will never get it. I contracted covid while having a minor surgical procedure from a room full of fully vaccinated, fully masked doctors who had no symptoms.

You can try and hide under a rock but it will eventually find you. The best thing you can do is be prepared and healthy for when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Each case is different. Also your natural immunity and genes (probably) play a role, as well as diet/lifestyle.
I'm not 'vaccinated', never wore a mask (except 2 weeks when it was mandated to be able to enter a supermarket), never 'socially distanced' , or took any precautions.
I never get sick

I do vape , and I've read that that helps avoiding covid. That's another reason for 'government' to try to mess that up for every adult.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I live with an anti-vax daughter.

You felt the need to mention it...

We feel the need to ask.

What exactly does "anti-vax" mean to you?

Because over the last couple years that term has been hijacked by a group of radicals.

A more pertinent question would be.
Are you pro-choice?
For abortions and vaccine mandates?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well glad you are doing well, is one thing people most understand, everybody, I mean everybody will get covid, with jabs or not jabs, with mask or not mask, sanitizer or not, everybody will get covid, you can not avoid a cold that is what covid is, stay healthy, take care of symptoms, you will survive.

And welcome to the covid club.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I made love to a woman with covid and she didn't tell me until a day ago. It was such a prolonged contact, I doubt if the Moderna jab and boost Is going to do much good. Time will tell.
edit on 3-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just say, shoo shoo no retardet flu

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Bestest way ever to catch Covid!

Seriously though, I hope you’re ok.

Keep us posted and hopefully you don’t even catch it.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I guess it depends on your immunity. I haven't masked up once since the whole thing began, I never used hand sanitizer, didn't social distance anymore than I did before (because I'm already not trying to get close to any stranger), and I don't take any kind of immunity pills/medication. I had it for the first time back in January and lost my smell and taste, I didn't miss a day of work and nobody knew I was sick, I'll also add that nobody around me got sick.

People were getting this virus before they knew what it was, since at least Nov 2019, and nobody was dying from it. Once the fear was pushed, people were forced to shut businesses down, and panic set in, people started dying from or with it. I don't think the common person understands how great of an impact fear can have on the human body, including their immune system.

BTW, 1mL of Ivermectin per 100lbs of body weight once a day for three days, I felt like a million bucks by the 2nd dose.

We never needed a vaccine either, Ivermectin and Hydroxychloriquine can knock this virus in the mud. It's very unfortunate that COVID had to be used against the human race.

ETA: I'm not vaccinated with anything other than the vaccines I was given in 1979 when I was born.
edit on 3-8-2022 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thank God it wasn't a monkey pox.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thank God it wasn't a monkey pox.

Millions of different viruses may exist, but researchers have only identified about 5,000 types to date.

So we are gonna be catching a few different things as we live on this planet.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We got already 6 recorded cases in my neck of the wood, we have a big gay community, I believe the supposedly small pox/monkey pox vaccine has been offered mainly to the gay community members first.

Just bothers me when this is passed to children.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: carewemust

We got already 6 recorded cases in my neck of the wood, we have a big gay community, I believe the supposedly small pox/monkey pox vaccine has been offered mainly to the gay community members first.

Just bothers me when this is passed to children.

If there are any children catching this, someone is diddling where they aught not be.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I made love to a woman with covid and she didn't tell me until a day ago. It was such a prolonged contact, I doubt if the Moderna jab and boost Is going to do much good. Time will tell.

I did the same with my wife when she had it and I didn't catch it. I'm not even vaccinated so you should be fine. Whatever you do, don't panic.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just got passed my third work exposure. Coworker got the headache shortly after getting home and came up positive. I still have not had it and only have 1st 2 shots.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

What a great vaccine eh.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A while back we had dinner at our home with a vaccinated family. My wife and I aren’t vaccinated. The next day we received a call that they had all tested positive. We never caught it.

I had multiple close contacts at work over the last two years and my wife worked in the test centres. We never caught it.

Very odd virus. I hope we continue to dodge the bullet but I imagine that it’s inevitable that we catch it at some point.

We’ve been careful but not overly. Wash hands, stay away from crowds when possible. The same sort of things we always have done especially in flu season.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So you altered your entire life and restricted yourself foe what is basically the flu!!

Haha what a waste hey man?

You'll be fine in a couple of days then you can live like the normal people.

New bedsheets in the post.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I am tired of worrying, so I don't.

I feel a bit like McCloud at the beginning of Highlander - Someone infect me!

Like you, I expect I will get it eventually, but until then, I am starting to feel like a unicorn

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join