It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on with Cigarettes and the Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TheRedneck

Next step is to grow my own tobacco. I figure 25 plants will cover me for a year, so I'll probably grow about 50 to be sure.

For anyone that wants to grow it, keep it far away from food crops. Make sure kids can’t mistake it, adults too.
It can be very very poisonous if ingested.

What exactly would the kids and adults be ingesting to get poisoned? Like the Leafs off of the Tobacco plant? Does it take a lot?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I was a Winston or Marlboro guy then switched to a generic brand for years to save money. I came across rolling my own when even that priced me out.

The combination of tubes and tobacco I have seems to be pretty close to winston.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

I’m with you because I’ve read reports that those who smoke were safer from Nicotene!

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

a reply to: TheRedneck

Next step is to grow my own tobacco. I figure 25 plants will cover me for a year, so I'll probably grow about 50 to be sure.

For anyone that wants to grow it, keep it far away from food crops. Make sure kids can’t mistake it, adults too.
It can be very very poisonous if ingested.

What exactly would the kids and adults be ingesting to get poisoned? Like the Leafs off of the Tobacco plant? Does it take a lot?

Pesticides, fertilizers, and all kinds of natural toxins that grow in tobacco plants.... That's why curing is so important.

Don't put it in a salad!!! Make a tea from the leaves!!! Or just rip off a leaf and chew it for the nicotine rush.

www.livescience.com...

But, "Smokem if you gotem"

edit on 4-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Be careful with insecticides when growing tobacco or any plants to be consumed. I used Pyrethrin and despite it's claims, it imparted a very funky taste to the leaf. Went totally organic this year...what a difference.

Ever smell mums, they have a very bitter strong scent, that is what pyrethrin is made from.
That scent is probably what you are smelling/tasting.

I grow organically, the best pest control, BIRDS. Make it a bird haven.
edit on 4-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Yes the leaves are poison in raw form.

www.webmd.com...#:~:text=The%20leaves%20of%20tree%20tobacco,support%20any%20of%20these%20uses.

The leaves of tree tobacco contain a chemical called anabasine. This chemical makes tree tobacco leaves poisonous when taken by mouth.

There are people that have no clue about plant identification. There was a crime show where an entire family was sick and getting ready to die. They could not figure out what was going on. Turns out grandma accidentally put tobacco leaf in the stew. Luckily they all survived but it was very close!

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Be careful with insecticides when growing tobacco or any plants to be consumed. I used Pyrethrin and despite it's claims, it imparted a very funky taste to the leaf. Went totally organic this year...what a difference.

Every smell mums, they have a very bitter strong scent, that is what pyrethrin is made from.
That scent is probably what you are smelling/tasting.

I grow organically, the best pest control, BIRDS. Make it a bird haven.

Yes, it must have been. The pyrethrin works very well on pests, especially grasshoppers that were eating everything.
I switched to Dr. Bonners and diatomaceous earth mixed and sprayed on. Needs to be reapplied after a rain. Works great!! I have 8ft tall plants fed only with compost tea made from worm castings, fish emulsion, and unsulpherd molasses.
No more miracle grow for me!! We have quail in the garden, so cute!!

Best crop ever since 2013.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

diatomaceous earth

Dr Bronners is great but just fyi on DE, put it one DRY!!!! When it get's wet it loses some of it's ability (not all but some).
Basically DE is tiny tiny little fossils that dry and cut up bugs, like glass for bugs! When it is wet it loses some of that cutting ability.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Have you tried Kratky or Deep water hydroponics? It's what I'm running in the green house. The results are truly astonishing compared to soil and not near as expensive to set up as I thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Deep water hydroponics?

I have not tried it but seriously have been looking into it.
This year was a crap year for vegetable gardening (this might be a totally different conspiracy because some think that seeds have been messed with...)
,I think mine was mostly due to our non existent spring.
I'm having one of the best flower years though. They love the heat here!

I've been looking into hydroponics because I think there are going to be more issues with our food and we may need to do things on a bigger scale in the near future. If I do it, it would be in an indoor setting or greenhouse. I have a couple of projects I need to finish first.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, DWC....plants grow and flower so fast it's amazing. I can get 3 crops with this method starting in March, using only Maxigrow from GH.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"but if I smoke the cigarette half way and toss the rest I don't seem to have any negative side effects even at twenty a day."

ITS NOT THE SMOKE, BUT THE HEAT THAT FRIES YOUR LUNGS..
ESPECIALLY THOSE LAST FEW HITS... or a large cherry from smoking it too fast..

i found out the hard way, trying to smoke the resined up screen clean..
was torching it
couldnt hardly breathe for a few hours..
been smoking 2 packs a day for 42 years..

now its like breathing through a STRAW.... with an elephant on my chest
the first cigarrette of the day....
unless i cough REALLY HARD, and cough something up... it used to be easy
now its really thick, (like TAR) and heat helps,, either half a pack in one hour ,,

but i since found sucking down about 20oz of hot coffee quickly, melts the tar
and only takes 5 minutes to cough up something.....
THEN I CAN BREATHE NORMALLY AGAIN

otherwise i gottA force myself to breathe, so much its impossible to go back to sleep
until i cough it up

was remembering those hospitalized kids from VAPING..
well,...
since they were kids,.., maybe the vape cart was empty,
and they burnt up the wick, or over heated it from passing it around
melting the SOLDER JOINTS.. trying to get one last hit..
or,
if it was nicotine, had waaaaay too much, because too much gets you high,... slowly.
until it creeps up on you.. then its too late you are f'd up

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Side note: never had a smoking addiction. Addicted fo hell with vaping. I feel like there’s a double dipping thing here cigarette companies aren’t saying. They are making a profit off of vaping.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConMi27
Side note: never had a smoking addiction. Addicted fo hell with vaping. I feel like there’s a double dipping thing here cigarette companies aren’t saying. They are making a profit off of vaping.

Vaping is free -basing nicotine, like a crack head

Don't blow your eyebrows off...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join