It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPAM Goes On Lockdown Due To Inflation In NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: angeltone

What is happening in NYC is due to a lack of repercussions on those caught breaking the law. It may sound like some sort of joke but it's sadly not. It was pathetic when cough syrup started to be locked up in stores because of it being used for drugs (meth I think), locking up the spam sounds at first to be insane. But what is insane is the reason it got to this point.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: infolurker

For all I care they can just eat each other they voted for these fools so live with it and I say this With all due respect to anyone who lives in NYC

your bed has been made and now thou shall lay in it.

You just coined the Great resets new "Get tuff on crime" law.

Well you voted for it dumbass!

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I doubt it's because of inflation. Some people think the world is coming to an end right now, because "JoE BiDeN mAdE dA gAs ExPeNsIvEr", and SPAM is survival food. It lasts virtually forever. It's the preppers stealing it.

LMAO.

Those Manhattan Preppers at it again, right?

You either skipped past that part of the article, haven't spent much time in the big city, or both.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
a reply to: angeltone

What is happening in NYC is due to a lack of repercussions on those caught breaking the law. It may sound like some sort of joke but it's sadly not. It was pathetic when cough syrup started to be locked up in stores because of it being used for drugs (meth I think), locking up the spam sounds at first to be insane. But what is insane is the reason it got to this point.

^^^ This.

Virtually EVERY row in every big name convenience/pharmacy store in Manhattan has half the merchandise locked behind plastic display cases. The situation is beyond ridiculous.

The decay of NYC, Chicago, San Francisco are very interesting social experiments. I'll cut Eric Adams a break, as he is dealing mostly with his predecessor's foul ups. Mayor Beutleguesse and San Fran's mayor have been in office long enough to confidently state that reducing crime is not in their agenda and/or beyond their ability to address.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oh dear.

First RECESSION DAY. And now, spam is being stolen in a place most of us don't live or will never visit.

And it's only Saturday.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No need to panic until ramen noodles go into lock down.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Well, you are definitely the authority on spam.
That much is obvious.

It's delicious. There are so many good recipes, starting with a spam sandwich. I will not apologize.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Oh dear.

First RECESSION DAY. And now, spam is being stolen in a place most of us don't live or will never visit.

And it's only Saturday.

Do you ever make a post without including some utterly wrong, factually inaccurate element?

It's like a new level of oblivious behavior: using this site but not paying much attention to what other people write or put in their profile. For instance, your profile says you live in Connecticut, and I facepalm everytime I read it (because of the impression others around the U.S. might get about the Constitution State).
edit on 30-7-2022 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   
To be fair, charging four bucks for a can of SPAM is a bit excessive.

I grew up on SPAM, can't eat it anymore, certainly wouldn't pay four bucks for it.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I doubt it's because of inflation. Some people think the world is coming to an end right now, because "JoE BiDeN mAdE dA gAs ExPeNsIvEr", and SPAM is survival food. It lasts virtually forever. It's the preppers stealing it.

I'm pretty sure, preppers aren't stealing the spam. And you sound like someone who doesn't have financial woes. When your gas transportation bill averages $150 more a month than it did two years ago, your grocery bill has doubled, your utilities have increased, and you can no longer afford your massive rent increases, well quite frankly, it is the end of the world as some people know it. Maybe you just haven't been reading the room, man. Those in lofty positions of comfort of the haves sometimes are blind to the discomforts of the have nots.

On topic, Spam is one of the great foods. It does last for years. Spam is versatile and now comes in many great flavors. Spam is good cooked or eaten right from the can. It goes well shredded in a salad, an omelet, sliced as a side for fried eggs, on a sandwich...... it's too bad it has gotten so expensive, which is one reason I don't buy it anymore. But I love Spam. It is one of my survival foods.

edit on 30-7-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Native Americans that sold it to us for those beads put out a press statement saying that there are no refunds. One would think they would have at least given us store credit or something. Guess it's buyer beware.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

When there are no repurchases it is seller beware .

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Spam is good cooked or eaten right from the can. It goes well shredded in a salad, an omelet, sliced as a side for fried eggs, on a sandwich...... it's too bad it has gotten so expensive, which is one reason I don't buy it anymore.

Absolutely agree.
Protein in a can, which lasts for years.
My initial thoughts on reading the OP were that it would by high on my list of 'useful things to steal in an emergency'
Heck, you can even fashion a decent cutting tool with an empty can, so yep, my daily backpack pretty much always has a can of reformed chopped pork in it... just in case

edit on 31-7-2022 by angeltone because: fix quote tags

*ETA
I'm having flashback smiles of many many times in my life now, when working remote hard physical jobs, tired hungry workmates have shouted with absolute joy when I've thrown them a humble can of spam, never underestimate it's value!!🤣
edit on 31-7-2022 by angeltone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

You could get Treet. They sell that crap at dollar tree here, same size cans as Spam. Holy hell it is awful.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Spam has been around for a long time, thankfully the company have not been sold to China yet, soo is still an American tradition, made in America.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
One of the comments was interesting as it's right where my head went. No more inside shopping; you go to a window, order what you want, pay for it; they pass it through a window. Apparently, this is already a reality in Chicago? Can anyone confirm that?

Uhh no, I don't want others picking out my groceries, that would not work for me. I don't like NY, that even be an issue. I will never do grocery pick up, I know how to pick my food out, I don't want some young adult who doesn't want to work picking out my groceries. I already sick of people complaining about grocery pick up. It's like get your own stuff then. Geez!

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Omg! Okay one preppers don't steal or wait until the last minute to buy stuff. Most preppers have a stash of food, most likely with spam already in their food cabinet.

Most preppers are up with current events and slowly start adding to their stash, they usually don't tell people what they are doing and they don't panic. This is why they are called preppers.

The people who are stealing are the ifiots who waited until the last minute to buy #, seriously bad mouthing preppers is getting annoying. They are not hoarding either, nothing wrong with being prepared, you could learn a lot from preppers actually.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Recently they have been telling new Yorkers what to do in case of a nuclear emergency.

Then they told everyone to gave a go bag ready.

Terrorist are pouring across the border.

Republicans said a vote for Biden would increase gas, increase crime and make the country less safe from terrorism.

So far they are 2 out of 3 right.

Dont put anything past this Democrat party.
If people cant see how evil and corrupt they are then they deserve what they voted for.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"Spam is made of humans" !
it allways has been.

it was made in WW2 to be cheep meat.
maybe let all farmers have cows sheep pigs and !

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

"Spam is made of humans" !

Actually did nearly pmsl reading that! I obvs watched Soylent Green as a kid too much!!!
🤣😂🤣👍👍👍

top topics

<< 1   >>

join