It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s my 40th tomorrow but I don’t feel it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thanks on the knee.
Yes I loved being able to sit and enjoy the show. walking back to the car wasn't great, but they had Port A'Pottys every 100 feet out to the wayyyyyyyy back parking lot. They also had assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired like myself.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I will be 45 August 9.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Happy Birthday and enjoy life. Also smell the flowers, it keeps your heart young in life.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Gonna turn 43 in August and what is it to feel an age? I have never understood that? I am doing ehat I always have. I am about to start CrossFit next month as well. I know that muscle declines with age so I want to make sure I have as much of it as I can!

This is how I have and am choosing to try to be. Now I am not an expert, but I try to maintain a somewhat healthy state. Wish candy did not exist! Lol
Eat well
Exercise ( what that will look lime for you will be different then the next person)
Get proper sleep
Remember that you have a choice about how to respond to your environment. I choose to be as calm as possible. Low stress is important

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I will be 45 August 9.

OMG Birthday Twins !!!!!! But I will be 43

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos

Atomic birthdays!
edit on 18-7-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Age of just a number.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Happy Birthday, Mac, you youngster!!!!!!!!

I'll be 72 next month...

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks again everyone.
Reading these put a smile on my mug.

@nightflight that’s 72 years of pure wisdom I’m betting!

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I’m in my mid thirties and I don’t feel it. Yeah I’m more sore than I used to be, but My style of dress hasn’t changed, nor how I feel in general. Every year I think there’s something wrong cause I don’t feel like a grown up. I work, in the process of buying a house, making moves to try and be financially sound come retirement (not sure that’s going to exist when I reach that age) I don’t have the urge to don khaki shorts with my tee shirt tucked in, knee-high socks or new balances.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Happy Birthday Mac!

Enjoy the 40s, they are nice, 🍻

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I had the exact opposite experience, feel like 50.

My hair started thinning at 25, i dress like an old man and i could get into pubs at 15.

Went to the park last week to play football with my lad and after about 45 mins kicking the ball i had all sorts of aches and pains.

Testosterone has a lot to answer for.

Happy birthday!
edit on 19/7/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
50 is the new 40 so carry on regardless for another decade.
Have a cracking day Amigo.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Many Happy Returns, Macenroe82!

I'm over 50 and mentally feel like a kid, body-wise, I could do with an oil change and new filters.

I believe age is all in the mind; you are whatever age you want to be. I still get excited when going through a toy department and cartoons have never faded from my life. Yes, as we grow older our priorities change, we tend to be more careful - less carefree. However, when I get even older and the sands of time are about to run out, I will be as frivolous and maverick as I can and bust the balls of anyone still around that got on my goat in the past.

Again, Buon Compleanno and just live day-by-day.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   
First of all Happy Birthday!!!

And to that 40 thing, it is just a number. You are the same human you were with 39, you didn´t change suddenly because of that 40 years date. I don´t care for my birthdays anymore since decades because i think i don´t even have the right to celebrate it because i did nothing to get born, it was all the hard work of my mother, she would be the one to celebrate my birthday if she still would be alive. But thats me. Because of that i often forgot that i had birthday (because i don´t tell anybody that i have birthday since decades) and sometimes i even had to count to get my own age.

And the other thing with that decades thing, why should something change at 10, 20, 30, 40, 40, 50 etc and not at 11, 23, 35, 48, 57 etc? It doesn`t make any sense and that´s why you don´t feel it because there is no change you could feel.

Have a nice birthday, party hard and don´t think about useless numbers but live your life like you always did!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Happy birthday bro.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Time for you to know the wisdom of the ages. Might not apply just yet so you will laugh. But when it does you will be amazed at the simplicity of the sage advice…

Never trust a fart over 40.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Thanks again everyone.
Reading these put a smile on my mug.

@nightflight that’s 72 years of pure wisdom I’m betting!

Well now it's official.... it's today!
Happy Birthday!

I can't give much advice, you're already over 30 and know never to trust a fart. And that urge to urinate will be an emergency a minute later.😁👍🏼

Take time for that early morning coffee and enjoy the peace.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hahah thanks!

And I already lay in bed at night and I think to myself have I had my 4th or 5th pee before bed yet?

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I have a full head of thick hair.

That toupee is lasting well!!

Happy Birthday, have a great day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join