It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMW starts selling heated seat subscriptions for $18 a month

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: robsmith
Though 249 for adaptive high beams? Are people now so lazy, to pull back a stalk to low beam.

No wonder why people are losing the ability to know how to drive.

In 20 years knowing how to operate a vehicle or repair a vehicle made before the build back better bull # and the # before it will be a lost art.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Agreed, even today younger kids have no clue on car repair and maintenance.

A kid at work caught his rear plastic number on a concrete post in the car park and part ripped it off. He asked me to take a look at it I did.

I said to him, there is no hope of repair, all the clips and mounts were torn and broken.

Later He said the cost of the clips and mounts was $450.00 plus paint of about another 500.

The art of home mechanics is becomimg a lost art. As new cars are too complex, if you want to do any fault diagnosis, you can’t unless you have proprietary software which costs tens of thousands to licence.

I have a classic, which has early Lucas Bosch .edu on it, there is so much info out there that the only tools I need is the efi manual and a multimeter.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: Brotherman
Agreed, even today younger kids have no clue on car repair and maintenance.

A kid at work caught his rear plastic number on a concrete post in the car park and part ripped it off. He asked me to take a look at it I did.

I said to him, there is no hope of repair, all the clips and mounts were torn and broken.

Later He said the cost of the clips and mounts was $450.00 plus paint of about another 500.

The art of home mechanics is becomimg a lost art. As new cars are too complex, if you want to do any fault diagnosis, you can’t unless you have proprietary software which costs tens of thousands to licence.

I have a classic, which has early Lucas Bosch .edu on it, there is so much info out there that the only tools I need is the efi manual and a multimeter.

But But Mr. Rob were his rims on rubber bands ok? lololololol

I need a lift for my # they sit too low and I don't got pavement Im on stones
any real # I got to do requires all kinds of bull # I don't feel safe on jacks and jack stands these days

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Car I have now it was like pulling teeth to get a base model.

They even wanted to give me a better deal on a higher package instead of looking for a base model. In the end I just walked away and went elsewhere and got what I wanted.
I had the issues at the GM dealer, I got what I wanted from a Toyota dealer... who was selling a used GM that I wanted.

I knew this pay to play type nonsense was coming. GM had their subscription cadillac pilot program a fee years back. What this sort of tells me is that BMW is only going to be making a certain number of cars, fully loaded, meaning the supply of cars is going to be quite low... its starting to look like only a certain demographic will be able to afford full sized automobiles soon.
edit on 13-7-2022 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm still waiting on my heated seats due to a chip shortage on my new vehicle. Got it in April, said should be installed during the summer. We will see. As long as it's before winter. They gave me a whopping 10 bucks off my lease payment a month as I don't have the heated seats. I love them but probably would not pay for a subscription.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can't even envision this type of greed. What kind of a person would you have to be to think this is a reasonable thing to do to other people.

Frankly, whoever thought of this should be hanged for the public good.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Ill only charge $200 to jail break the heated seats!

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Toyota tried this with remote starts, it back fired.

In essence this would let them make each model same (except for cosmetic options), then they could just turn on options as the customers want them. I can see this for a one time charge, but monthly is complete BS.

Hmmm, after thinking about it, if they do this the cost is already there, so the prices will go up any way. You would basically be paying twice (or more) for an option.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sounds like a great business opportunity to unlock them with aftermarket tools. If you bought the car, you own it. Nothing they can do.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
In 20 years knowing how to operate a vehicle or repair a vehicle made before the build back better bull # and the # before it will be a lost art.

Is farrier still a good trade to look into?

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That is absurd! Pay for heated seats per month when many cars come with that? My bf has a nice Hyundai Sonata N Class Sport and he has heated seats. I love it, feels good on my back.

BMW IMO is overpriced. I was never a big fan of BMW. The only imports I like are Audi.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
BMW = Buy My Way.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Good thing I have never met a cool BMW owner, or expect to.

Me neither, Ive also never meet a Duramax owner I like … they are both douches .

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wow sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

My mother loved her BMW, it was only a 118 with a fold down roof so nothing that high up as far as there range were concerned but it was so good that they decided to turn the 1 into a 2 and re-released the exact same model as a 218 some time later and charged a lot more for it.

Her Next 118 was a hard top and by that point they had put some ridiculous and dangerous feature into it that stopped the engine when you waited at traffic lights and supposedly re-started it when you put your foot down, the clutch was awful and there were problems with it that made my mother's life a misery.

Well time to stop buying German crap made in Africa I guess, at least Nissan are still high quality and probably every bit as good and a tad cheaper as well.

Or Citroen.

(we don't really have British cars any longer unless you count Morgan and want to ride around in something that looks like Chitty Chitty bang bang and a Cortina had a kid).

Personally I think this is an utterly despicable and ridiculous move by BMW that can only harm there company and it's reputation.

And it will put many people off buying from them, those that do will most likely have there cars chipped or hacked by some backstreet garage to unlock those features that they already paid for but that BMW want more money from them for AND they will probably say sod the warranty if that backstreet garage is good enough.

What utter imbecilic idiot within there company dreamed this vile scheme up.

edit on 14-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I wouldn't pay that fee.

And what's next, $10 a month to unlock you steering wheel? Or perhaps a little extra for the ability to brake? Or disable your car if your a day late on your payment?

Ridiculous.

This is part of the 'you will own nothing and be happy'. It's been happening in the game/music/movie industry with all digital files , and soon your 'booster' shots will be provided to you as-a-service. Provided your 'social credit score' passes of course

Exactly and very nicely pointed out.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hahaha good one, I suspect horses will be back in fashion at some point although they will probably have to have regular emission tests by a EU official wearing a peg on his nose in that possible future.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

How retarded... And for a heated seat no less, those are a dime a dozen these days. Ram wants us to pay for the Navigation update, too. No thanks. Love Ram, but I didn't buy a $58K truck to pay for updates. I can only imagine people paying top dollar for BMWs aren't going to want to pay a monthly fee for something just as common.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
I'm still waiting on my heated seats due to a chip shortage on my new vehicle. Got it in April, said should be installed during the summer. We will see. As long as it's before winter. They gave me a whopping 10 bucks off my lease payment a month as I don't have the heated seats. I love them but probably would not pay for a subscription.

They're really only good when you have them heating up and are cold when you get into your vehicle. Heated wheels are the same way. Ventilated/cooled seats - the same. I have more fun turning them on, on unsuspecting passengers in the summertime.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join