It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMW starts selling heated seat subscriptions for $18 a month

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What're you bitchin' about? You will open nothing and be happy. Get with the program!

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ive got em on my Fusion and Focus! Swear by them. If youve got arthritis or bad back, they are awesome.

Will they next charge a subscriptions service, per passenger, per seat for sitting on them?

Hey, I know! Like those motel beds. 1 quarter, 5 minutes.
edit on 07225531America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jul 2022 22:16:55 -050016202200000055 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Considering the driving abilities (or should I say lack thereof) of most BMW drivers, I really don't give a snip about their misfortunes.

I'm thinking BMW must already have a subscription for the turn signals, and most of the BMW owners didn't bother paying for that subscription.

If you ever feel like you're wasting your life at a useless job, remember that there's a man being paid to install turn signals at BMW.

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

edit on 7/12/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This behavior needs to be regulated by law.

You should not waste resources producing physical components, to arbitrarily lock them down via software, ESPECIALLY if end users are the physical product owners of those components.

You can't license what sits on someone else's property and think everything will be hunky dory with that.

This is the opposite of green. This is a RED decision. If capitalism doesn't grab BMW by the cajones on this one, they need regulation and fines that deter any potential gains.

It's a horrid waste and an insult to the human condition. Whoever brought this up in a BMW board meeting is evil by intent or evil by incompetence.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Haven't read the replies, but this isn't new. They've been doing this for awhile now. Not just the seat warmers but other stupid crap too, like subscription for exhaust noises. Such as sports fans cheering, and all sorts of stupid sounds.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

You bought the wrong BMW if you bought a BMW made after '99.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BigOldCaddy

Star because that's painfully true.

I don't understand why people buy BMW and Mercedes at this point. For quite a while now they only make it a few years max between catastrophic failures. Is it just a status thing? I mean sure they're fast(ish) if you pay for the higher end models. I still stomped a new one (this was years ago when they put out the 5 liter twin turbo) in my mildly tuned '91 Thunderchicken.

If it's money spent for performance, buy something less flashy and put the rest you saved into upgrades. It's always particularly pleasurable to see someone's face in a $60k+ sports car when they can't keep up with a Buick Enclave or an old Trailblazer. The other day I had a guy absolutely RAGE and follow me until I stopped because his new, louder than hell and dumb body kit-clad Acura was embarrassed by what looks like a stock 2016 Corolla (I gave up on mileage and made some alterations). Jackass actually blew off his nitrous for a red light race.

Anyway, point is... If it's just for flash, I kind of pity them. While using my free heated seats with adjustable lumbar support.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just imagine what they are going to be doing in those 100% electric cars your going to need an engineering degree for to figure out to replace a light bulb on your own?

You don’t pay the mandatory on star you may start noticing you keep accidentally locking your keys in the car or the doors won’t open open when you press the button on your keyless entry fob, while it’s running.

Greedy bastards

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Sounds like people talented with automobile electrical work could offer to install a switch that bypasses BMW's f-ery. Charge half of what BMW wants for a "forever" subscription.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Sounds like people talented with automobile electrical work could offer to install a switch that bypasses BMW's f-ery. Charge half of what BMW wants for a "forever" subscription.

Cheers

I bet they would try to viod the warrantee if you messed with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I wonder how long the subscription service will take to get hacked and hijacked? Probably not long lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

If you read the fine image print of what BMW is trying to sell to people.
I would say not very long either.

Driving Assiant Plus

Map Update Package

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

If you read the fine image print of what BMW is trying to sell to people.
I would say not very long either.

Driving Assiant Plus

Map Update Package

If the term "JailBreak your BMW" becomes a thing, remember I coined the thing and you heard it from me first lol

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If I were going to own any BMW, it would be an E30, something that I don't have to have a subscription to make use of all of the features.

I hope this is a gimmick that plays out very fast; the public can be suckers for this. Imagine the on-demand aspect of this; someone who lives in a not cold part of the country with warm summers doesn't need to pay the price for the months you don't need the seats. Further, does it equal the cost of heated seats over the expected ownership period of the car? It might be a better deal, which I still hate.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
***REQUESTING HELP FROM OTHER MEMBERS PLEASE***

I tried using my vpn service to login in on a South Korean network so I could try and take a look at the BMW online store for this subscription and couldn't find it, Could someone else try and see if they find the store please? I want to know what other bull # they are peddling.
edit on bWed, 13 Jul 2022 03:00:10 -050020223103America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2022 03:00:10 -050007am7 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Here is the pricing structure for other things, though I cannot see the seat fee.

www.bmw.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Here is the pricing structure for other things, though I cannot see the seat fee.

www.bmw.com...

In the op they list certain countries I don't think AU is on that list I tried germany and South Korea. I am not saying this is fake but I am saying I can't find this online store that sells this service the ops source claims has been rocking for a year now in other places.

From the link by the OP

BMW has slowly been putting features behind subscriptions since 2020, and heated seats subs are now available in BMW’s digital stores in countries including the UK, Germany, New Zealand, and South Africa.

I can't find the digital store that is peddling this.
edit on bWed, 13 Jul 2022 04:23:20 -050020223104America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2022 04:23:20 -050007am7 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I think they may be rolling out the subscription to regions over time, I found this article, which is Australian.

www.carexpert.com.au...

Though nothing appears official on Bmw Australia

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
Though 249 for adaptive high beams? Are people now so lazy, to pull back a stalk to low beam.

No wonder why people are losing the ability to know how to drive.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join