It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Sphere (Unidentified Space Object) Phenomena

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
STS-37 & STS-51A - Same Sphere (USO) Phenomena

Mods: I hope you allow this thread to stay even though 2 threads with similar topics are running. By combining both STS videos in one thread it saves the members time from having to switch threads back 'n' forth to do comparisons. In this thread they can activate both videos on one page at the same time, one below the other, for easy comparison

While I was putting this thread together I read Cabanman's request "posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:23 AM - First, if one wants to debunk this video it is best they do so with another video." and while my thread is not a direct response to his request it may serve the same purpose. Thanks.

Space Shuttle Flight 14 (STS-51A - November 8, 1984) Post Flight Presentation
At 10:37 to 10:39

full frame

closeup

Space Shuttle Flight 39 (STS-37 - April 5, 1991) Post Flight Presentation
At 16:39 to 16:58

full frame

closeup

I had to edit Oberg's PDF in order to fit my comments. Click on his link to see the complete PDF.
www.jamesoberg.com...

The object in question was analyzed and was determined to be a water drop on the window. After the analysis was complete, we spoke with the STS-37 crew. The crew said that they remembered the droplet hitting the window, and added that the source of the drop was from liquid which one of the crew members was drinking.

2. The object is a water drop on the inner pane of one of the overhead windows on the Orbiter flight deck.

3. The object grows larger because the camera position is moved.

4. The change in shape of the object may be an optical illusion, due to the water droplet surfaces magnifying and focusing the Earth’s limb and the deep space background. However, droplets attached to a surface, through surface tension, can change shape as a function of air flow in the crew cabin and/or accelerations of the Orbiter.

5. The object appears to move because the camera was moved by the astronauts.

6. The object does not cast a shadow on the Earth. The dark region below the object is a piece of dirt on the window. In the higher resolution film (enclosed), many similar objects can be seen as well. The apparent motion of the droplet and the dirt on the window are highly synchronized, due to the motion of the camera. Note, there are three panes in the window and it isn’t known on which window surface the dirt is residing.

7. The video was collected on STS-37 using an Arriflex 16 mm motion picture camera (magazine number 140). The source used on ‘Today in Space’ was a film-to-video conversion, which was sampled each sixth frame. STS-37 was launched on April 5, 1991, and landed on April 11, 1991. The exact time and date of the photography are unknown.

Sincerely,
David E. Pitts
Chief, Flight Science Branch
NASA
Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
Houston, TX 77058

After the analysis was complete, we spoke with the STS-37 crew. The crew said that they remembered the droplet hitting the window, and added that the source of the drop was from liquid which one of the crew members was drinking.

Total bs. If a drop of liquid hit the window it would have splattered and all of the mini-droplets would have flown around. You don't see the "alleged" drop fly to the window and hit. In the video you see the sphere appear from the darkness above the earth, drift to the right then make a sharp turn to the left, comes to a pause and gently rocks around. It does not remain stationary but moves and nothing else moves but the rotating earth below. The shuttle is not making it move. Additionally, since the tale of the alleged drop of liquid does not sound as if the astronaut was directly in front of the window 'cause he would have obscured the view, then the astronaut would have to be on either side of the window and a drop of liquid hitting the window at an angle would not have resulted in a flat-on sphere but would have sent droplets away from the window at an angle.

2. The object is a water drop on the inner pane of one of the overhead windows on the Orbiter flight deck.

Senseless.

3. The object grows larger because the camera position is moved.

The sphere does not grow larger, it arrives fully formed and the camera position is not moved except for the initial jolts! A liquid droplet hitting the window would not stay fully round if the liquid droplet was round to begin with.

4. The change in shape of the object may be an optical illusion, due to the water droplet surfaces magnifying and focusing the Earth’s limb and the deep space background. However, droplets attached to a surface, through surface tension, can change shape as a function of air flow in the crew cabin and/or accelerations of the Orbiter.

Again, pure bs. The sphere did not change shape. It arrived as fully round shape. And it did not magnify anything, it's opague, not transparent as was the big water bubble an astronaut was shown having fun with, you could see the astronaut's t-shirt thru the bubble.

5. The object appears to move because the camera was moved by the astronauts.

The sphere just moves gently and it has nothin to do with the camera or the astronaut. How can anyone watching the video agree with this pile of manure as an explanation? And NASA wants to search for UFOs? Doesn't NASA realize that whatever is "piloting" the UAP is super-intelligent and will laugh at The Fool NASA employs for the task?

6. The object does not cast a shadow on the Earth. The dark region below the object is a piece of dirt on the window. In the higher resolution film (enclosed), many similar objects can be seen as well. The apparent motion of the droplet and the dirt on the window are highly synchronized, due to the motion of the camera. Note, there are three panes in the window and it isn’t known on which window surface the dirt is residing.

The sphere does not cast a shadow on the Earth because to do so the sphere would have to be enormous, a small planet! The rest of the explanation is not based on reality.

7. The video was collected on STS-37 using an Arriflex 16 mm motion picture camera (magazine number 140). The source used on ‘Today in Space’ was a film-to-video conversion, which was sampled each sixth frame. STS-37 was launched on April 5, 1991, and landed on April 11, 1991. The exact time and date of the photography are unknown.

I don't know if the Arriflex camera was affixed to the cabin opposite the window and not handheld. In the video we see the scene thru the window starting at 16:22, some jolts occur and at 16:39, at which point the sphere appears (a coincidence, ?), and the camera becomes steady until 16:58. The window frame is not included, the three panes of the window are spotless and the earth is in focus, obviously the camera has been focused on infinity. When the sphere appears it is also in focus meaning it's nowhere connected to the tale of the liquid drop on the window.

edit on 6 11 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct the reply format.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hundreds of stories with videos and yet the UAP people in charge act like they know nothing during the public hearings....Pathetic !

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
For topic continuity and comparison sakes….

STS-51A and STS-37

Example of water droplet inversion…

Further comparison….

👽🛸🍺
edit on 12-6-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: idusmartiasand f

Something I forgot to include in my OP. According to the NASA explanation the STS-37 incident was caused by a drop of liquid accidentally flung and the drop hit the window and it "stuck" on the inside window pane. You know they're lying 'cause the same thing didn't happen on the STS-51A mission and yet the same sphere appears outside the window. Oberg, you once requested that NASA critics stop saying that the NASA initials stand for
Never
A
Straight
Answer

Well, my dear James, after reading the above comments NASA couldn't stand for anything else!

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Thanks for your photo contributions, I appreciate it. The weird thing is that I also included 2 photos of ISS astronauts with water bubbles in front of their faces but I don't see them. Well, yours covered my effort.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 6/12/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

The explanation is of a drop that has already reached and adhered to the window, not free-floating. The guy with the camera was jostling with several other astronauts also looking out. Why should you dispute the movement is camera induced?

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
On on my Martyn Stubbs YouTube channel I have yet another example of this strange orb, that appears this time during a NASA credit sequence. I apologize for not being able to embed it as I am still trying to figure that out! But on my channel it is the second video I ever posted and I just called it NASA and the orb.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So why would they reuse it for a credit sequence.. maybe that's deliberate.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What the aft crew station looks like during prox ops. Imagine how the camera gets jostled.
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: idusmartias

The explanation is of a drop that has already reached and adhered to the window, not free-floating. The guy with the camera was jostling with several other astronauts also looking out. Why should you dispute the movement is camera induced?

It is NOT a drop. How can the almost same drop appear on 2 different missions 7 years apart? I don't know what movement you are referring to but I said

and the camera position is not moved except for the initial jolts!
You display reading comprehension is not your fortè.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What the aft crew station looks like during prox ops. Imagine how the camera gets jostled.
youtu.be...

You picked the wrong footage to illustrate "jostled" as the camera is not touched or bumped into by the 2 front astronauts.
Definition of "jostle": push, elbow, or bump against (someone) roughly, typically in a crowd.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MStubbs
On on my Martyn Stubbs YouTube channel I have yet another example of this strange orb, that appears this time during a NASA credit sequence. I apologize for not being able to embed it as I am still trying to figure that out! But on my channel it is the second video I ever posted and I just called it NASA and the orb.

I have already embedded it in my OP and it's: Space Shuttle Flight 39 (STS-37 - April 5, 1991) Post Flight Presentation
At 16:39 to 16:58

Here's how you embed videos.
Copy the YouTube URL but only the characters after v=
Look at the icons above this reply box and select the one second from the right end that shows YouTube and click on it.
A box will open showing www.abovetopsecret.com says and below that youtube plus a blue box with an OK in it. Click on OK
Another box will appear with a box to insert your truncated URL as shown above. Click OK
ATS will put your truncated URL between the codes and paste it on the page

That's all there is to it. You'll get the hang of it.

edit on 6 12 2022 by idusmartias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Don't get overly frustrated my friend. You are never gonna convince some people who believe in aliens and the NASA cover-up 🙄. I've pointed out many times, how it would be beneficial to NASA to discover and share alien contact, if for nothing else, the budget. Also to no avail haha. Believers are gonna believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias that is very helpful. Thank you

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MStubbs

Out of curiosity, how many VHS tapes do you have from your 1990s recording sessions? And are they date/time tagged so you could provide the time hack of the scenes you've been posting on line? Why don't you provide those exact date/time data on youtube?

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Fantastic stuff, thank you. Almost forgot about these !!!

Notice how at the second one, the camera holder was probably thinking of stopping to film, or film some other thing since the orb came into field of view, but luckily for us, still decided to keep it in view ! That explains the camera rocking
edit on 13-6-2022 by curbcrawler because: different thought

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: MStubbs

Out of curiosity, how many VHS tapes do you have from your 1990s recording sessions? And are they date/time tagged so you could provide the time hack of the scenes you've been posting on line? Why don't you provide those exact date/time data on youtube?

As an enthusiast and interested viewer "exact date/time data" is extraneous and of no use to me and, I'm certain, to the general viewer. All we are interested in are the visuals. A picture is worth a thousand words. For your own reasons you seem to need this info although, in the long run, I don't see how you benefit from it. Stubbs made recordings of anomaula space phenomena which you pooh-pooh but we, the unwashed UFO enthusiasts, find interesting and look forward to seeing more without technicalities. Just my 2 cents and you can keep the change.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: idusmartias
As an enthusiast and interested viewer "exact date/time data" is extraneous and of no use to me and, I'm certain, to the general viewer. All we are interested in are the visuals. ....

If it's a spaceflight event, the date/time of the video is critical to defining the environment of the event -- illumination, pointing, vehicle thruster firing, planned/actual activities. Ignoring such critical information is a perfect formula to hide any possible prosaic explanation -- which is probably why reality-challenged UFO buffs prefer it that way. You have deliberately made any explanatory effort impossible. Neat trick.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

edit on 6 13 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct the reply format.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join