It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Flight 14 (STS-51A) - UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Because this event took place in 1984 what you'll see at 10:37+ was the subject of threads here. I did a search and it didn't come up so I'm posting it now for newbies and oldies to enjoy again. Let's see what you come up with to discuss the visuals. It looks like a water droplet that drops down from top center and moves to the right. The astronauts obviously missed it. Of course it can't be a water droplet in space as if it was it would be frozen and ice particles are not round and move freely under their own power. A mysterious apparition is all that can be said. But what are your opinions?

View it at YouTube for the big screen view.

Space Shuttle Flight 14 (STS-51A) Post Flight Presentation narrated by the astronauts (18 minutes). Launch: November 8, 1984. Crew: Frederick Hauck, David Walker, Joseph Allen, Anna Fisher, Dale Gardner. Vehicle: Discovery.

edit on 6 7 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

For what it’s worth…..

👽🛸🥃
edit on 7-6-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Water, spit, or urine drop from within the shuttle that floats in front of video camera.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Definitely a curious UFO or lifeform (space looks a lot like the ocean 🤔), I had forgotten this footage, thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: idusmartias
The astronauts obviously missed it.
The astronauts may have seen it and just ignored it, being such a mundane thing as a water droplet.

Of course it can't be a water droplet in space as if it was it would be frozen and ice particles are not round and move freely under their own power. A mysterious apparition is all that can be said. But what are your opinions?
This doesn't make any sense. The astronauts are made of mostly water, and they are in space, and they aren't frozen, so why would the water near them be frozen?

The lens effect of the water droplet inverts the image behind it, just as happens with this larger water blob which is also in space and which is also not frozen:

Example of lens effects of water:
www.youtube.com...

I posted that example when this came up in an thread about how Richard Dolan was now a charlatan supporting things like the Roswell slides as an alien, and this water droplet as a UFO, which was in a video he posted. He even admitted Jim Oberg already explained it, as some kind of liquid droplet, but he didn't believe Oberg.

originally posted by: 38181
Water, spit, or urine drop from within the shuttle that floats in front of video camera.
Yes, it's inside, that's why it's not frozen. I'm not sure if it's floating or just half a drop on a window that has apparent motion because the camera is moving, but either way it looks exactly like some kind of clear liquid inside, inverting the image behind it just like the example above on an inverted image in a liquid "lens".

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

For what it’s worth…..

👽🛸🥃
The top two images especially show the inversion of the light and dark patterns in the lens effect of the droplet, this is really obvious.

The title of this thread is an example of Betteridge's law of headlines.
"Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

It's not as reliable as the law of gravity, but it's often the case, as it is in this thread.

edit on 202267 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

To save people some time the Object / Water-droplet starts around 10:32 time mark in the video.

It does seem to just be a water drop inside the shuttle , but then again the " Drops " motion is not natural it seems to 'stop' and 'move' and 'Change direction' .

Maybe that's normal in a ' Zero Gravity ' environment , I can't say I have no Zero Gravity experience .
edit on 7-6-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

I think it's water (or spit!
) on the window through which the video is taken.

It appears to move because the camera moves. Using the shuttle arm at the bottom right as a reference point, you can see that the camera pans a little to the left and up -- so the water droplet appears to move quite a bit to the right and down. Since the droplet is much closer to the camera than the objects outside, the droplet appears to move move more than the things outside.

edit on 7/6/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That’s pretty wierd. It stops before moving on to our right and out of camera view.

Im on the fence. Team water droplet has some points but IDK.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

👽🛸🧃

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

👽🛸🧃

Whats with the little bolt of lighting that precedes the UAP (at the very beginning).

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

👽🛸🧃

Whats with the little bolt of lighting that precedes the UAP (at the very beginning).

I saw that when I was prepping the pics to post….

Beats the space out of me………it happens when the camera is switched at the end, from the outside to the chick on the inside.

Looks like an edit splice or scratch on the vid film?

Unless you mean this which happens for a nanosecond before object/droplet appears ……I think it’s a speck on the vid…..

👽🛸🍺

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Of course it can't be a water droplet in space as if it was it would be frozen and ice particles are not round and move freely under their own power. ... The astronauts are made of mostly water, and they are in space, and they aren't frozen, so why would the water near them be frozen?....

Can we find some 14-yr-old Boy Scout with the 'Space Exploration' merit badge to explain it to you?
edit on 7-6-2022 by JimOberg because: typo...

edit on 7-6-2022 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
That’s pretty wierd. It stops before moving on to our right and out of camera view.

Fair enough. You might also wonder why the UFO hucksters hereabouts have concealed from you the detailed NASA report of the specific incident. Why would you suppose?

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
Jim, I sent you a private message, please check your private messages.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

As I mentioned in a post above, I still think the apparent movement of the droplet (which could be on a window) is due to the camera moving/panning -- not the actual droplet moving.

It looks to move faster than the movement of the camera moving across the objects outside because the drops are close to the camera and movement would be exaggerated.

edit on 7/6/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It looks like a water droplet at first, but it does change trajectory as it moves across the screen. How could a water droplet do that?

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightning22
It looks like a water droplet at first, but it does change trajectory as it moves across the screen. How could a water droplet do that?

Do you think the NASA report on this video might have useful insights into the object?

Why no curiosity about looking for that report?

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Of course it can't be a water droplet in space as if it was it would be frozen and ice particles are not round and move freely under their own power. ... The astronauts are made of mostly water, and they are in space, and they aren't frozen, so why would the water near them be frozen?....

Can we find some 14-yr-old Boy Scout with the 'Space Exploration' merit badge to explain it to you?
You cited me as saying it can't be a water droplet, but I didn't say that. That statement came from idusmartias in the opening post, so your citation should have begun "originally posted by: idusmartias."

I said it does look like a water droplet, among other things.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Finally able to get an animated gif size worth posting…..ATS should increase gif size from 2mb to 3mb or better. In this day and age detailed motion animated clips require increases in mb size and bandwidth. Excuse the short rant. Anyway….

For what it’s worth…..

👽🛸🍺

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

👽🛸🧃

It's not a bolt of lightning, it's a spherical white dot/orb. There are many flashes of light possibly due to the emulsion film that was used in the shuttle. Notice that when the orb starts to appears at 10:37, before it becomes its final round form, it drops and pauses then continues to drop and move on. I have to laugh at all of those who think it IS a water droplet either inside the shuttle or outside. Since it is obviously outside in the vaccuum of space it cannot be liquid!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join