It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midwest Should Prepare for Rolling Blackouts this Summer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm going to immediately go and order an electric car....just want to make my contribution to "rolling blackouts" !

Make sure the batteries are made in the Americas !!!

Else it's rolling blackmail !!! 🀣

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: xuenchen
All rolling blackouts need to be politically correct and agenda driven πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈπŸ‘οΈπŸ¦»πŸ‘οΈ

All rolling blackouts need to include the White House, and the homes of every Congressperson and Senator.

Also all hollywood woke who are thrilled at high gas prices and attempting to force those who have to choose between work, food, and rent to buy an EV, when they can't due to woke policies that are causing massive inflation and blackouts.

Won't matter 'cause they all have diesel fuel generators !!!!! πŸ€“

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
biden says we will all be driving electric cars by 2030. Surely something as simple as a temperature spike cant cause a black out. I mean, what would happen if everyone in the country was charging an electric car every night? I am sure our grid can handle that much power. Even though it never has before. And I am sure that every house that is wired for 100 amp service will be just fine with 75 amps going just to charge the car. And I am sure that families with more than one driver will be just fine too. And multi-family dwellings, like apartment buildings with hundreds of apartments and no garages or places to plug in a car? I am sure they will be just fine too.

I mean, really. biden wouldn't set us on this path without having thought all this stuff through, right?

Not to worry. They'll just use fossil fuel generators to power the car battery chargers 🚬

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I wonder....

For years, we have talked about how bad our grid is.

Is this due to high temps? Or the fact that people are going "green"? In reality, we have not increased our generating stations, our infrastructure is old, and....wait for it.....the majority of electricity is generated by fossil fuels. And the supply is going down and the price up, just like gas-also from fossil fuel.

Does anybody else see this, or am I just a nutty CT?

Wait till the tar on the roofs starts melting !! 😁

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

There will be no rolling black outs, no power issues. Remember, Biden signed the infrastructure bill for a trillion dollars.

We're all good!

The government spent money!

/sarc

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
biden says we will all be driving electric cars by 2030. Surely something as simple as a temperature spike cant cause a black out. I mean, what would happen if everyone in the country was charging an electric car every night? I am sure our grid can handle that much power. Even though it never has before. And I am sure that every house that is wired for 100 amp service will be just fine with 75 amps going just to charge the car. And I am sure that families with more than one driver will be just fine too. And multi-family dwellings, like apartment buildings with hundreds of apartments and no garages or places to plug in a car? I am sure they will be just fine too.

I mean, really. biden wouldn't set us on this path without having thought all this stuff through, right?

Not to worry. They'll just use fossil fuel generators to power the car battery chargers 🚬

Why not just put the generator on a trailer and skip the batteries? Or skip the generator and somehow power the wheels with the engine from the generator. Oh, wait..... They have those.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What else can we call the blackouts without causing any minority group to get pissed?

I dont know. I am not a biologist.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

What else can we call the blackouts without causing any minority group to get pissed?

Rolling bad legislature

Rolling Patriarchy disempowerment

Rolling responsibility removal

Rolling Cornbelt Blues

Rolling FJB.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk

originally posted by: everyone

Rolling bad legislature

Rolling Patriarchy disempowerment

Rolling responsibility removal

Rolling Cornbelt Blues

Rolling FJB.

I like Rolling FJBs quite a bit myself, let's coin that one

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have a generator too, but mine's natural gas, won't hurt me.

I expect the neighborhood to be knocking at my door begging me to let them plug their cars in. How much should I charge, I think the average cost of a fill up, soon to be $100? So $100 for a 45 minute charge? Of course, that is only if I don't need to run my A/C or heat.

I saw this coming last year and prepared. I knew Biden would be a disaster and make life he-double-toothpicks for the nation, as his first year so very quickly degenerated I could see awful times coming.

edit on 6/5/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

My big question on the electric cars, whats going to happen when we run out of the rare earth metals that we need to make them.

They are a much more finite commodity than oil, depending on where you look we have between 50-50 years before its all gone. (the amounts we are aware of) which works out to something like 3 billion electric car batteries, (if we ignore everything else those metals get used in).

Without a sudden and rapid advance in tech folks will be paying on electric vehicles they cant use because there are no new batteries.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
30 million illegal aliens wouldn't drive up demand would it?
It sure isn't industry or small business since they are doing less than ever.
Maybe DC needs to try a blackout and see how things go for them.
When you have the power plants and fuel but federal regulation prevents their use you have government out of control, or rather too much in control.
edit on 5-6-2022 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

The supply is going down by design. They want to force us onto "green" alternatives that are substandard. Texas ended up in blackouts during that extreme cold event because their windmills weren't enough to compensate and their natural gas froze on them.

Then they are regulating out of existence generating capacity that would work, so there is no backup and generating capacity is being eliminated.

It's not it's running out. It's that we're not allowing ourselves to use it.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm sure DC would be a special case because ... government. They would never get an actual government shutdown.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No one needs a high volume forced Central Air systems. You can visit cooling centers if you become too warm.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
No one needs a high volume forced Central Air systems. You can visit cooling centers if you become too warm.

Do you know any menopausal women?

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That was the true reason for palm lights on Logan’s Run.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It's not jut the government being stringent on nuclear power - ever since the Three Mile Island incident there has been little interest in the private sector to open nuclear power plants. Of course the regulations don't help, but at the same time we don't need another Chernobyl.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

I agree with Nyiah. Lets go with Rolling FJB

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Jun 2022 22:42:44 -05002220226America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   
And the idiot in command wants everyone in electric cars by 2035.....our powergrid cant sustain that

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join