It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But Is It Really The End Of The World This Time ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Very true, the computer models themselves are limited due to "not having enough data". This gives researchers with an obvious preconceived bias the opportunity to mold their results via the initial software design to confirm their biases.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Have you ever been "trapped" by the Green Peace crew ? That group will follow you down the street with a pen and paper for blocks. They are as bad as any other aggressive religious cult.

I was told I "hate the earth" when I refused to sign their nonsense petition of whatever it is they shoved in my face.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I like this point of view. If believe that if we humbly realize that we can help build the next phase of existence on earth and stop pretending and behaving like
"man is the measure of all things" (Protagoras) we can start moving forward. It feels like we have been going around in circles for a while now.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gkskg
a reply to: Randyvine2

Not following here.

If you are making the claim that I am violating your interpretation of the Hebrew or Greek scriptures, please provide evidence.

Please don't cherry pick and use the verse or verses in the correct context.

What do you mean by "credit either one"?

It's widely known that the Bible, Jesus was clear regarding the end
which is to come.

Matt 24-36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the
angels of heaven, but my Father only.

So a Christian is not likely to listen when someone claims
they know. Even if they might be correct it wouldn't matter
to anyone who knows Gods word.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am still a little confused as to what you are disagreeing with me about. You claimed I was writing something contrary to your interpretation of the Greek scriptures or giving undue credit to the groups I was writing about.

The verse in Matthew isn't a contradiction of anything I wrote, in fact it supports it.

Did you read the entire post?

edit on 1-5-2022 by gkskg because: Wording

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gkskg

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all, I was merely explaining that
anyone making predictions about the end. Isn't following scripture.

I apologize for being vague.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Doesn't "scripture" make predictions about the end?

Aka The Book of Revelation for instance.

Thing with prophecy is that its self-fulfilling by nature.

As a person believes or anticipates of said prophecy coming to pass will result in the person's behaviour aligning to fulfil the belief.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

originally posted by: gkskg

Not following here.

If you are making the claim that I am violating your interpretation of the Hebrew or Greek scriptures, please provide evidence.

Please don't cherry pick and use the verse or verses in the correct context.

What do you mean by "credit either one"?

It's widely known that the Bible, Jesus was clear regarding the end
which is to come.

Matt 24-36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the
angels of heaven, but my Father only.

So a Christian is not likely to listen when someone claims
they know. Even if they might be correct it wouldn't matter
to anyone who knows Gods word.

I would argue that you're taking that verse out of context. If you read all of Matthew 24 you would see he is referring to a specific verse in Matthew 24. Specifically verse 14. Not the Apocalypse.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

While no one but the Father would know the exact date and time that verse was fulfilled it's possible to tell that it was fulfilled and that happened sometime in the 1940s. Why? Because the rebirth of a nation of Israel occurred in May of 48. A rebirth of Israel was predicted in the valley of dried bones prophecy of Ezekiel. Therefore the presence of a nation of Israel was the 2nd fig leaf of the fig tree parable. The Apocalypse has been running since 1948.

Very few if anyone here can remember a time when the apocalypse wasn't running. And I would point out that you're a false Christian. For this is what Jesus Christ wanted.

Mark 13.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
the eschatology prophecies are too tainted with too much Religion &-or Divinity focus

the predictions are pointing out a Celestial Cycle of Catastrophe to humanity and the Planet itself...

i would point to the Essene War Scroll as the cause for this cycle of ELE catastrophe to be smothered by religion , myth, metaphysics, mysticism...

so, good.... the message has thus survived to help a few survivors to escape death

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It’s not the End of the World what’s coming but an artificial apocalypse created by the the fascist/islamist conspiracy in order to achieve their goals.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Doesn't "scripture" make predictions about the end?

Aka The Book of Revelation for instance.

Thing with prophecy is that its self-fulfilling by nature.

As a person believes or anticipates of said prophecy coming to pass will result in the person's behaviour aligning to fulfil the belief.

You ask as if you don't know but of course you do.

And what is scripture Andy?

You're making a senseless comparison.

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I would argue that you're taking that verse out of context. If you read all of Matthew 24 you would see he is referring to a specific verse in Matthew 24. Specifically verse 14. Not the Apocalypse.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

While no one but the Father would know the exact date and time that verse was fulfilled it's possible to tell that it was fulfilled and that happened sometime in the 1940s. Why? Because the rebirth of a nation of Israel occurred in May of 48. A rebirth of Israel was predicted in the valley of dried bones prophecy of Ezekiel. Therefore the presence of a nation of Israel was the 2nd fig leaf of the fig tree parable. The Apocalypse has been running since 1948.

Very few if anyone here can remember a time when the apocalypse wasn't running. And I would point out that you're a false Christian. For this is what Jesus Christ wanted.

Mark 13.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

After spending sometime trying to make a single connection
between your reply and the failed recent attempts to some how
decode the Bible. Therefore revealing something only God
knows.

I also seem to have failed.

So you may be right.

And I would point out that you're a false Christian. For this is what Jesus Christ wanted.

But I'm no judge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join