It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Presidential Directive should cause some concern in a possible nuclear attack?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
With the recent muscle flex of Russian military arm and the launch of their RS-28 Samrat Rocket on April 20th I have seen a lot of comments in other forums that they are not "concerned" as they do not see Russia as a threat, mainly to the US.

The reason for this post is to see how many are aware of the PDD/NSC 60
Nuclear Weapons Employment Policy Guidance

This Directive was signed in 1997 by Clinton and the eye raising part is this.

The new guidance also continues the policy that the U.S. will not rely on "launch on warning," but will maintain the capability to respond promptly to any attack, thus complicating an adversary's calculations.

What is a Launch on warning?

Launch on warning (LOW), military strategy that allows high-level commanders to launch a retaliatory nuclear-weapons strike against an opponent as soon as satellites and other warning sensors detect an incoming enemy missile.

So does this mean that the US will ultimately allow an nuclear warhead to reach US soil before actually intercepting and if so why?

I did watch an interviewer with an ex pentagon analyst on his theory which was quite intriguing and logical but that is not the reason for the post.
I basically wanted to see how many are in the belief that any launch towards the US will "Never make it here"

PDD/NSC 60
irp.fas.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nirishman
As I posted recently on another thread:

During her first-ever visit to Vandenberg Space Force Base April 18, 2022, Vice President Kamala Harris announced the U.S. is implementing a self-imposed ban on anti-satellite weapons tests in an effort to encourage more responsible behavior in space. She made the announcement during an all-call in front of more than 200 members of the Space Force and Air Force.

Harris, who chairs the National Space Council, also called on other nations to make similar commitments and to work together in establishing this as a norm, saying such efforts benefit all nations. “It is clear there is strong interest among our international partners to develop these norms. We must write the new rules of the road, and we will lead by example,” she said.

[www.americanthinker.com... russia.html]

Almost seems like the US is giving Russia the go-ahead to do whatever they want. That would certainly bring about a Great Reset.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nirishman
So does this mean that the US will ultimately allow an nuclear warhead to reach US soil before actually intercepting and if so why?

Of course.

Can you imagine the rights people would sacrifice to their gooberment for protection?

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This was "Step1"

a reply to: nugget1

This was "Step2"

It's all NWO sabotage on sovereignty to benefit and promote Globalsim😵

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Vice President Kamala Harris announced the U.S. is implementing a self-imposed ban on anti-satellite weapons tests in an effort to encourage more responsible behavior in space.

What the right hand of the government says and what the left hand of the government does, are not mutually exclusive. Lots of "secret programs" out there, even programs that aren't "government" like Space X, that might just be acting as a DARPA cover.

Meanwhile, in China...
China’s snake-like robot designed to move or manipulate a large object in space, according to paper

The robotic tentacle could crush a small satellite like ‘a python strangles its prey’ but that China does not plan to use it as a weapon

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well we know that if the US is targeted it will be military targets which would potentially lead to the US looking to join an "Global military" power which would be a huge step in the globalization of military control and as you say "The Great Reset"

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Of course.

Can you imagine the rights people would sacrifice to their gooberment for protection?

Yes. Because they'll be safe and cozy in their bunkers.

Mail order president folks.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Launch on warning (LOW), military strategy that allows high-level commanders to launch a retaliatory nuclear-weapons strike against an opponent as soon as satellites and other warning sensors detect an incoming enemy missile.

I think you might be reading this wrong. It seems to me the opposite of what you think.

This allows for a commander or general or whomever to be able to launch as soon as an enemy launch has been detected as opposed to waiting for one to fly all the way over here and hit us and then launch ours. This also seems to get rid of some of the red tape involved in order to launch ours such as waiting for the president to finally get the news then decide to react.

Seems to me this allows for a faster reaction and a faster response for a retaliatory attack.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Its the exact same policy Russia has. The Russian General Staff can initiate a retaliatory strike without requiring the Russian Presidents permission.

Like his US counterpart, Putin has the Russian version of the nuclear football, called Cheget.

The backup system, called Perimetr, allows the General Staff to initiate a launch. Their General staff has access to the launch codes.

Factbox: The chain of command for potential Russian nuclear strikes

A 2020 document called "Basic Principles of State Policy of the Russian Federation on Nuclear Deterrence" says the Russian president takes the decision to use nuclear weapons.

A small briefcase, known as the Cheget, is kept close to the president at all times, linking him to the command and control network of Russia's strategic nuclear forces. The Cheget does not contain a nuclear launch button but rather transmits launch orders to the central military command - the General Staff.

The Russian General Staff has access to the launch codes and has two methods of launching nuclear warheads. It can send authorisation codes to individual weapons commanders, who would then execute the launch procedures. There is also a back-up system, known as Perimetr, which allows the General Staff to directly initiate the launch of land-based missiles, bypassing all the immediate command posts.

click link for Reuters article. In the article is a link to the Russian document - "Basic Principles of State Policy of the Russian Federation on Nuclear Deterrence".

edit on 21-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Of course.

Ummm...dude...they'd shred the constitution so fast...you could use it to line the rabbit hole cage...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't care anymore. I'm nobody's bitch. If some old codgers want to destroy most living things like complete assholes, I may not be able to stop them but I will be damned if I am scared like one of their pets.
I am better than them, a lot of people are better than them and all animals are better than them. But unfortunately the majority is braindead and so the few of us unfortunately have to suffer and die if it ever came to it.
However one thing they are not getting form me is fear. I can totally think they are dumbasses and take that with me and there is nothing they can do about it.

As father Stack from "Father Ted" said: " I had my fun and that is all that matters."
www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-4-2022 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I remember the time as a child when we thought nuclear war was going to break out any moment.
People were building bomb shelters. We practiced under desk drills, btw. What the heck was hiding under the desk going to do in an attack?????

Now we have completely unhinged “leaders” at every corner. Is a President with dementia scarier than one that is power hungry, is a power hungry leader scarier than one that doesn’t have enough food and water for his gigantic population?

Crazy times!

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There is an interesting video on YT that goes into detail why its so hard to stop a warhead.

I have seen idiots talk about the use of laser to heat uo the missiles causing them to explode. They just fail to realise that beam has to be initialized within 10km from the missile to be effective because even mild clouds affect the the beam.

Then comes the release of the warheads... 10 real ones and many more fake ones.
And in case there are no system active near the release to use AI detection to destinguish between warheads and aluminum decoys... well...

There is roughly 50% chance to stop a single warhead.

And the US only has around 50 active anti ballistic systems running on a national level.

Doesnt take much calculation to understand that if 10 or so missiles were headed to the US, it would most likely cause severe devastation.

But yes, initial targets will be military.
It wouldnt make sense to target major cities first.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think the reason for many people believing that a launch wouldn't make it here is that we'd detect the launch, likely (hopefully) be able to calculate it's trajectory quickly and attempt to intercept if need be. I've heard that it's a lot easier to intercept in the boost phase or in flight as opposed to re-entry.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Samrat Rocket on April 20th test was announced beforehand, so no problem there.
Most military experts see the timing of this test not as a sign of strength but as a sign of frustration.

Will we see nukes flying in the end of all this ? Personally I do not think we will,
only if Putin goes after a NATO country next.

Then Russia troops going to get clapped down pretty quick by NATO, and perhaps Putin´s frustration will lead him to use tactical A-weapons and that will escalate to strategic pretty quick. But I refuse to believe that will happen.

edit on 21-4-2022 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

You mean by fighter jets intercepting?

The Directive looks like it is not going to intercept.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I remember all that Jazz to Jag.

I am not as concerned about power hungry or demented leaders as they really aren't anything but proxy leaders. We all know that there are ones behind the curtain planning things to better their world my frustrations is that people are still pointing the finger at Bidens Trump's and our case Trudeau's when their anger should be direct at the ones that have the power to actually implement these changes. I guess the fall guys are doing the job they where put in place to do.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All it takes is ONE ROUGE warhead and kaboom 🥶

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Due to degradation of America's defense system over the past year, they now think incoming paratroopers may be a Russian missile. The US capital was evacuated yesterday for paratroopers headed to the Washington Nationals baseball game.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: peter_kandra

You mean by fighter jets intercepting?

The Directive looks like it is not going to intercept.

No, I meant more along the lines of THAAD or it's successors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join