It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Do You Blame For High Gas Prices

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Inflation.

Try to solve the country's problems by printing more money, the money supply increases, the purchasing power of the dollar goes down, everything costs more. It's not just gas, everything is going up except wages.

That's what happens when you have a debt based fiat currency system.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Who do I blame?

First, I am surprised that here in the US it didn't hit 5 bucks in 2006. I thought for sure that it would as the prices then were verging on the high four dollar a gallon range. Maybe it was 07, can't remember. But I thought for sure it would hit 5 and at least stay there. But it didn't, it came back down again to the low 3s and stayed around there for about 15 years through Obama and Trump.

So who do I blame? How about the artificially controlled market that kept it from rising with the rest of inflation over that period. Maybe this rapid increase is only a readjustment to where it would have been all along.

I could also put the blame on the oil companies and their need to protect their profit margins. They have a lot of smart people in their organizations and some of those people are really up to date on how our changing climate might effect their digging and drilling and transportation lines. This leads me to the ''get it now while you can'' scenarios.

Add to that scenario are all the auto companies that have continued to crank out guzzlers for the last forty years even though we have known that those should have been a dying breed. The move to electric is so way over due. Also, add to that are all the people like me who have not bought electric and continued to be happy with the guzzlers and allowing the manufacturers to keep on with that old tech.

We, the public might have noticed how over the last 50 years, every time there is a spill, or an explosion of a plant or a war in certain places or a sheik wants a new playground how the prices spike. Putting blame on Biden or Putin or any other leader like say, Trump is childish and reactionary.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: JAGStorm

Half the problem is market speculation.

Oh right, so what was the market speculation doing during the Trump admin for four years when prices were down?
I bet you don’t have a realistic answer.
edit on 11-4-2022 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Considering the price of oil exploded right around the exact time the conflict in Ukraine started, it seems pretty obvious what the primary cause is. This is a global thing, fuel prices in Australia have increase more since the Ukraine conflict started than they did throughout the entire pandemic, which is quite remarkable.

Some of the increase is obviously due to inflation, but it's not a major factor because inflation works slowly, and the price of oil has increase drastically over a small period of time. When most of the world decides oil is evil, then the only people left supplying large quantities of oil will be nations like China and Russia.

China supplies pretty much everything else to the world as well. If we did get into a WWIII there's a 90% chance China will side with Russia. Together they have the power to cripple the world economy and it seems they are already doing that in response to our attempts to cripple their economies, and who can blame them.

this had a lot to do with it. And I realize the US isn't the center of the world, but when our gas prices were down during Trump's tenure, were your prices up or down?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There is no debate: purposefully raising prices on oil has been and is a long-running Democrat strategy, foisted on the American public, as part of their Green platform.

This was publicly broadcast by the Democrats back during the Obama administration.

Sec. Chu refuses to retract statement that the goal is to boost price of gas to levels in Europe

Maybe people thought this was a joke or an Onion piece back then?

Just think, if Obama is orchestrating the White House's activities, he gets to carry out an unpopular, un-democratic agenda (that his energy secretary admitted!) like this and then do so with Biden being the front man+fall guy.

Rather Machiavellian I should say.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It's not a single cause
Drilling permits
Transportation costs
Supply at market
Taxes
Political policies
Wars

All those things and some others effect the people assigned to buy and sell oil. Those speculators set the prices and Biden made them nervous.

You get it.

Add:
Speculative pricing
Corporate/political melding
Department of defense usage

To the list as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I blame the dirty, greedy multi billionaire suppliers of the fuel

Don’t matter how much tax is added to the price by any government it’s a fraction of the profits made by the big oil companies

In the UK recently there was 5pence per litre taken of by the government yet still the price remained the same as the dirty, greedy oil companies simply raised it again

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Half the problem is market speculation.

Oh right, so what was the market speculation doing during the Trump admin for four years when prices were down?
I bet you don’t have a realistic answer.

People only dislike speculation when prices are high.... When Trump was in office, the markets reacted to a favorable environment and prices are driven down. It is real simple, if you want more of something, you subsidize it. If you want less of it, you tax it.

When govt is subsidizing and encouraging oil production through favorable policies, you get more of it and prices go down. The opposite is true when govt taxes something. The current administration and leftist have been very vocal about disliking oil and using policy, regulations, and taxes to reduce production. As such, prices go up because production goes down.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Biden and heels up Harris and their green policies , MSM and weak Republicans . The Democrat party , Putin is just one of the people that benefit from those policies . DRILL BABY DRILL

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Gas prices here started to rise right after lockdown ended and the factories reopened, the culprit was that we didn't have enough storage.

May I ask where you where you get your information from ?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have to blame the Biden administration. He is the one who pushed sanctions with Russia, he is the one who shut down some oil production, and he is the one that is not keeping speculation in the gas industry from jacking up prices irresponsibly.

But the Buck stops at Biden so what will he do? fire someone as a scapegoat.

Biden said the Buck stops here, he was talking about the bucks coming to him through his son Hunter, not blame for anything. Biden sure has made a mess of everything since he took office. Even immigration.

Does anyone think it is smart to be selling off oil reserves when there is a chance that it may be needed to fuel the USA in a war with Russia if it happens? Maybe Russia will sell some of it's oil to us so we can fight a war with Russia if we run out.
edit on 11-4-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Also, gas is a very small part of the profit for a gas station.

It's often a loss leader. Does this Circle K have a large convenience section? That's the actual money maker.

Yeah, even bigger now that they took over the Valero. Good deals on roller grill items and fountain drinks. Definitely the go-to place before and after a summer day in the woods. Stop in to get some beer, then on the way out for a dog and a soda

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There was this Circle K near where I live, had been there for at least 30 years. The owners and help were great. Then, a Valero was built almost next to the Circle K, nice big gas station. Word quickly got around that it was owned by a communist and almost no one gave them their business. Eventually Valero folded and sold to Circle K for pennies on the dollar. I love our new Circle K, thanks Valero!

Except for the fact the Circle K was probably already selling Valero gas...

Except for the fact that that Circle K was there even before Valero was founded.

The point is the off brand stations are selling wholesale gas from large refiners...

Are any refineries owned by small businesses? LoL

Also, gas is a very small part of the profit for a gas station.

I'm going to try it one more time... please read carefully and let each point marinate a bit.

The original post was about how the locals wanted to support the Circle K instead of the big Valero.

Locals support Circle K because they don't want commie Valero gas.

I point out that Circle is likely buying from Valero already because of wholesale market.

You then retort that Circle K was there before Valero was even founded. Of course, this doesn't matter as Circle K could still be buying from Valero regardless if Valero is a younger company.

I then point out the larger issue isn't so much whether it is Valero but that the large refiners sell on wholesale market. Valero was just a good example of this.

You then state state small companies don't own refineries. I mean... no sh!t Sherlock. I know you are making a point here, but unsure of what exactly it is supposed to be.

The point is the Circle K is locally owned and not owned by commies. You could argue that they get their gas from Valero but since Valero only owns about 10% of the refineries in the U.S. it's not likely. But hey maybe.

I also pointed out that gas isn't where this gas station makes their money so therefore where they get their gas is irrelevant. However I'm willing to wager that even if they were getting their gas from Valero they aren't anymore because the two were in a gas war and in direct competition in which the Circle K ran them out of business. Knowing all these facts it is highly unlikely that they get their gas from Valero.

Where would you suggest they should get their gas from? I'll be sure to inform them of your suggestion 😅🤣😂
edit on 4/11/2022 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
81 million supposed voters I guess.
Who else?

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Joe Biden was in the room when J. Gruber taught President Obama how to brainswash "dumb" citizens.

Biden and his MSM co-conspirators told Americans 3 or 4 times that gas prices didn't start increasing until Putin became aggressive, in late January.

The dumb citizens believed this, while simultaneously forgetting 2021, after hearing it 3 or 4 times.

Works like a charm every time!

(Remember, this is the country composed of people who elected an 80 year old man with dementia to be their President.)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Oil companies benefit from price gouging. As do gas station chains. Notice the prices and how they differ from area to area.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

First, I am surprised that here in the US it didn't hit 5 bucks in 2006. I thought for sure that it would as the prices then were verging on the high four dollar a gallon range. Maybe it was 07, can't remember. But I thought for sure it would hit 5 and at least stay there. But it didn't, it came back down again to the low 3s and stayed around there for about 15 years through Obama and Trump.

It all is a balancing act to whether oil is 25 or 125 a barrel. It doesn't take much either way. When we had fracking going full speed just that amount sent oil prices world wide down to like 30 per barrel. So with the Russia event going on that is effecting energy prices what do you think gas would be if we had full fracking and Keystone XL in full swing too?

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's partially price-fixing and gouging. More and more countries, businesses, and individuals, are taking advantage of America not having any real leadership at the top.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I blame the dinosaurs it’s their fault for not dying more dammit!

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I had to laugh when I read this.
There are a lot of people/groups I’d blame,…. Putin is pretty low on the list.

www.yahoo.com...

Most Americans blame Vladimir Putin, oil companies for high gas prices: POLL

I also have a good memory and know our prices were skyrocketing before anything happened over there, but nice try, nice try!

So let’s hear it, who do you blame?

biden, right now but the fed and state gov taxes all along.

but mostly biden. at least putin is selling energy to people that need it. ukraine is another story.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join