It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stomach Viruses on the Rise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: JIMC5499

So put the seat cover down before flushing......simple really.

Some people never flush public toilets.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Masks are FILTHY. Very very few people sanitize them as much as would be necessary to make them safe. A group of parent's in Florida sent 6 of their childrens' masks to be tested and they found all sorts of crazy pathogens on them including freakin Legionnaires’ disease.

nationaladdictionnews.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You...every day...get fecal matter...minute-ly on our hands, sink, seat, walls.

YouTube any vid of how far fecal matter sprays.

Shocking.

Thnx

And yet it's something we are very well adapted to deal with. Not a pretty thought but we evolved with many differing levels of sanitation likely northern climates didn't provide many with incentive to wash in cold winter months. So we all made it this far.

Personally, I prefer to look at this level of microscopic spray as simply inoculation. I know my body can handle it/ learn from it and it's way healthier for mental health to not fuss over it.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Heard about the rise of stomach viruses on the radio the other day.

I’ve witness food workers exist bathrooms without washing their hands and return to work. When I see things like that I always leave without ordering anything and never go back to that establishment. Home cook meals are way better than the over price food sold at those places anyways.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

At the point and time where fecal matter exits your body, it doesn't have any pathogens that aren't already infecting you.

So any aerosolization of that fecal matter, in that moment, is not going to lead to some new infection.

However, fecal matter is a great culture medium for human infecting pathogens, so, if the fecal matter remains on your hands, and is exposed to pathogens, it can incubate a great load of pathogens, which are specifically suited to your biology by the nature of the waste incubating them.

Further physical contact with others, who may also not be scrupulously clean, or with the surfaces they have touched, allows cross-cultivation of these human biology preferring pathogens.

In short, wash your hands everyone! It's really simple and effective.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
I wonder if the experimental vax is making people more susceptible, I suspect that is part of the case. The other is that because people were out of work, school, other public places etc for so long that their immune systems are out of whack so to speak.

I heard the other day that norovirus infections were one of the main "stomach bugs" on the rise. I forget if that is the type that has the frequent outbreaks on the cruise ships, maybe that's the Norwalk virus?

If you aren't exposed to a pathogen, you won't get an infection or get sick from one. Pathogens don't spontaneously come into existence out of nowhere. There is a physical route that leads to the spread, infection and sickness.

Most modern vaccines do not usually contain live active pathogens. But there are live active pathogens in our environment. You can't catch a vaccine, but you can catch one of these pathogens.

Most vaccines promote an immune reaction to a pathogen, without having to have had exposure to the live active pathogen. This makes you less susceptible to illness from the pathogens or others similar enough to trigger a pre-activated immune response, not more susceptible.

Nor do peoples immune systems go 'out of whack' because their exposure/s to pathogens is reduced. Any exposure to chemistry or biology alien to our bodies will continue to elicit normal immune responses.

edit on 7/4/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

So put the seat cover down before flushing......simple really.

... or, don't put your head into the bowl when you flush!

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here in Scotland, some stomach virus or other has just ripped through 9 of my immediate family.

The strange thing is it's not just a 24/48 hour bug. It lasts for a week - ten days. Stomach pain for a few days to start with, then nothing, then Vomiting. Diarrhea, then a few days respite then more of the same.

All with loss of appetite for days after. My two sons and grandchildren lost weight because they couldn't face food for a week.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Here in Scotland, some stomach virus or other has just ripped through 9 of my immediate family.

The strange thing is it's not just a 24/48 hour bug. It lasts for a week - ten days. Stomach pain for a few days to start with, then nothing, then Vomiting. Diarrhea, then a few days respite then more of the same.

All with loss of appetite for days after. My two sons and grandchildren lost weight because they couldn't face food for a week.

Same here in England - there's loads of it going around, my Mum caught it from my sister's family and she hasn't been right in over a week...lingering nausea and indigestion seems to be the worst after effect

Another unusual feature, incubation period seems to be longer than the average two days or so for a stomach bug...more like a week

I'm starting to feel icky seven days after last spending time with my mother, I'd hoped I'd escaped but seems not

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WraithOfEva777

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Same here in England - there's loads of it going around, my Mum caught it from my sister's family and she hasn't been right in over a week...lingering nausea and indigestion seems to be the worst after effect

Another unusual feature, incubation period seems to be longer than the average two days or so for a stomach bug...more like a week

I'm starting to feel icky seven days after last spending time with my mother, I'd hoped I'd escaped but seems not

I wonder if it's because of a lack of human interaction due to covid for what was basically 2 years.

Kids off school, College, people working from home etc. Now everyone is back to normal these bugs have hit the human system hard. The first to go down with it in my family was my grandsons (back at nursery) then it spread from there.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Ugh ... for me, the stomach bug is the most miserable kind of infection. It usually hits me at night, preventing any sleep with periodic runs to the bathroom, or with a bucket at my side in bed. I never seem to get hit by it starting in the daytime, though it does linger about 24 hours into the next day generally, and I hate it worse than about any thing else that is common. Actually, I'd probably rather get COVID than the stomach bug, if I had a choice. It is just so miserable .... thanks for sharing that bummer news. I am an obsessive-compulsive level handwasher, and still seem to get it once a year. Perhaps some people are just particularly more susceptible to it, or something?
edit on 7-4-2022 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Here's a thought: I've medically worn masks since I started at U of M med center 45 yrs ago.

They were DIRTY day 1. And everyday since.....but see? Going in, we knew that. They're just a barrier...and not a great one at that.

I've had urine, blood, vomit, feces, spit all over...n I'm still here, still masks, dirty replace, repeat.

Barriers. A necessary evil. It's about the best we got...even against pollution.

Stay well...

EMT
ADLS
edit on 04223330America/ChicagoThu, 07 Apr 2022 23:55:33 -050055202200000033 by mysterioustranger because: Caus

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JFBlair

Masks are FILTHY. Very very few people sanitize them as much as would be necessary to make them safe. A group of parent's in Florida sent 6 of their childrens' masks to be tested and they found all sorts of crazy pathogens on them including freakin Legionnaires’ disease.

What about the "Bird Flu" that's going around. Can you catch it if a bird flies over and poops on you?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Is there a way to test immune system strength?

If there is, I bet yours is off the chart's STRONG.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JFBlair

So are you an advocate for wearing masks or just breathing in all that sh!t.

From what I read on ATS...masks are a control mechanism by the New World Order people.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hardly. You want your children to have open body surgery with a bunch of no mask Drs, nurses?

Of course not. There is a practicle purpose. Especially in my field of EMT/ Emergencies.

Wanna explain that?

How bout the no mask Surg team? Breath like cigs, alcohol, weed, garlic, coughing, spiting...into your kid.

So...

I'm am so anti force....that it's the only thing that makes immediate barriers.

Yes...they suck.

1st Responder
edit on 04221130America/ChicagoFri, 08 Apr 2022 09:43:11 -050043202200000011 by mysterioustranger because: C

<< 1   >>

join