It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stomach Viruses on the Rise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Stopping The Spread: Tips For Avoiding, Combating Stomach Viruses
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

According to this article Stomach Bugs are on the rise. One of the things mentioned in the article is people getting back in the workplace. I found this quote interesting.

“The main route of spread is fecal oral. Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom, or just freaking wash your hands,” Dr. Peters said.

Here's some food for thought. The Company I work for just got rid of it's mask mandate, however you are free to wear a mask if you choose. It has been shown that when a toilet is flushed it puts water particles into the air. Those particles can have "fecal" matter into the air. You can wash your hands all you want, but, that matter can be on your mask. Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Stopping The Spread: Tips For Avoiding, Combating Stomach Viruses
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

According to this article Stomach Bugs are on the rise. One of the things mentioned in the article is people getting back in the workplace. I found this quote interesting.

“The main route of spread is fecal oral. Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom, or just freaking wash your hands,” Dr. Peters said.

Here's some food for thought. The Company I work for just got rid of it's mask mandate, however you are free to wear a mask if you choose. It has been shown that when a toilet is flushed it puts water particles into the air. Those particles can have "fecal" matter in them. You can wash your hands all you want, but, that matter can be on your mask. Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I use isopropyl alcohol and a bit of water in a spray bottle at work to sanitize.. Haven't had any virus or illness in 15 years or more. One bought of cold though.. Looks like letting your guard down is never a good idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

So put the seat cover down before flushing......simple really.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I wonder if the experimental vax is making people more susceptible, I suspect that is part of the case. The other is that because people were out of work, school, other public places etc for so long that their immune systems are out of whack so to speak.

I heard the other day that norovirus infections were one of the main "stomach bugs" on the rise. I forget if that is the type that has the frequent outbreaks on the cruise ships, maybe that's the Norwalk virus?

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Yea not a lot of public toilets have lids just the seat your lucky if you get a paper cover thingy

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Stomach bug went through my house last week. Wife and both kids were all retching the same night. Somehow I didn't catch it.

edit: no covid vaccines in my house. just an ordinary 24 hour stomach bug that goes around
edit on 7-4-2022 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2022 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Maybe of interest
Gut Microbiome and Covid-19 mRNA Vaccine

mRNA vaccine against Covid-19 has been designed to trigger an immune response to one of the surface spike proteins of the virus that enables its entry into human cells. The vaccine induces local inflammatory reactions. Recently, in Norway, 23 fragile vaccinated elders died due to common adverse reactions such as, fever, nausea and diarrhea.

Since human mucosal tissues of the gut are involved in immune response to Covid virus, adverse reactions could be due to dysbiosis of the gut commensals that change with age and personalized nutrition.......

Therefore, during vaccination, rectifying gut microbiome dysbiosis with prebiotic and probiotic oral supplementation might be a solution for the management of Covid-19 vaccine induced adverse reactions.

Side note on all you overly sanitizing people - Yes you maybe doing a lot more harm than good but thats another topic

Food for thought

Disney-branded hand sanitizers recalled due to carcinogen concerns April 4, 2022

Disney-branded hand sanitizers featuring Baby Yoda and Mickey Mouse are being recalled by Best Brands Consumer Products, the company said in a notice posted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

edit on 472022 by MetalThunder because: TIME is what you make of IT

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yea not a lot of public toilets have lids just the seat your lucky if you get a paper cover thingy

Ok sorry I thought we where discussing toilets at work, my work and other companies I visit always have toilet seats.

However if I ever find myself caught out in need of a public toilet I always grab a stick of a tree so that I can press the flusher from a distance (length of stick) but that's just my OCD kicking in......after considering the OP a practice I am now thankful for instead of quietly ashamed at the OCD.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You...every day...get fecal matter...minute-ly on our hands, sink, seat, walls.

YouTube any vid of how far fecal matter sprays.

Shocking.

Thnx
edit on 04224130America/ChicagoThu, 07 Apr 2022 08:04:41 -050004202200000041 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Ok sorry I thought we where discussing toilets at work, my work and other companies I visit always have toilet seats.

However if I ever find myself caught out in need of a public toilet I always grab a stick of a tree so that I can press the flusher from a distance (length of stick) but that's just my OCD kicking in......after considering the OP a practice I am now thankful for instead of quietly ashamed at the OCD.

All I know is the 3,20 stories or higher, office buildings I've worked in not one of them had toilets lids. Don't get me wrong they were cleaned and had nice restrooms just no lids. Not talking about a gas station bathroom or anything. Even the ones in the lobby were rows of toilets with no lids.

Throw in how many people actually stand to clean themselves, it messes with my OCD tendencies too

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It is fine , i don't got OCD but i sure don't sit on the seat or touch anything at my workplace.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I hate when you put the paper thingy down, and when you go to sit down, it automatically flushes. Ahhhhh

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

. . . . or touch anything at my workplace.

too funny. I need a shower when I get home.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The majority of restrooms DON'T HAVE SEAT COVERS. If you are wearing a mask in your bathroom in your house you have other issues.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. We are animals and bound to Nature and her many follies.
The point is that there are bugs and viruses and germs and dirt everywhere. The more you mingle and live with them, the stronger your immune system gets.
Those who are comprised know it and can take measures.
When did this idiotic idea start that we can not, at any circumstances get ill?
It's part of life and the maintenance of our brilliant defense system.
You are allowed to throw up for a day and feel lousy.

Jeezus.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah nasty bug a month ago where I live, took out the whole family with throwing up and diarrhea.

Personally, hit me so hard there was a period of 4 or 5 hours where I don't think I left the bathroom and just the thought of drinking water would make it start. Also hit a point where I just wanted to die rather than continue on.

Started around 8pm Friday night and was over by 9am Saturday.

Worst I have ever felt, just a constant feeling in your gut that never goes away.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Agreed. One thing though. The oils in your skin help kill bacteria and viruses. A mask just keeps it in front of your face.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
on a windy day can you imagine the amount of particulate matter floating in the air from a the public sanitation sewer treatment plants? Don't worry about what you touch, worry about what your breathe!!

edit on 7-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Food borne norovirus is on the rise as well.
We've all heard about contaminated lettuce and other produce.

The latest is oysters
www.cbsnews.com...

Norovirus infects and sickens people 12 to 48 hours after exposure, and symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, fever, headache and body ache. Most people recover without treatment, but in some people — the very young, older adults and those with weakened immune systems — norovirus infection can cause severe dehydration and even death.

and Norovirus In Michigan: Why Cases Are On The Rise

The leading cause of food-borne illness in the country, the norovirus causes bouts of vomiting and diarrhea that can sicken entire households.

Like other contagious illnesses in the era of masks and social distancing, norovirus outbreaks all but stopped completely at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to federal health data — possibly because most people steered clear of the places where the norovirus typically spreads.

But with the easing of coronavirus restrictions came an uptick in cases of the norovirus, an aggressive virus that can easily contaminate food and water.

Wash.
Your.
Hands.

<<   2 >>

join