It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far are we from the real economic freak out?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When it hit the common joe working for a living to make ends meet but really never with enough left to call it even.

These group of people are the harder to get hit with democrats inflation, we are already in the hole and is going to get harder to get out of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly. I don't even drive right now but I know many people that do and these price rises are brutal.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Lots of people are still working from home, wait when they have to take the roads again to got to work.

Biden the crappy pants senile is going to fix the gas problems that actually is not an oil crisis at all, with pushing for expensive electric cars and more trillions of dollars to benefit china markets.

Some democrats states are all ready calling for the banning for gas powered cars. Only the deep pockets of politicians in this states will benefit with it.

What that tells you, this corrupted to the bone politicians are creating an energy crisis, letting prices of gas hurt the working class when is not need for it, soo they can reward their benefactors and china with tax payer dollars in the name of green crap.

People just do not get how they have been played, Democrats hate America and Americans, specially the working class

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Problem reaction solution

You'll own nothing and be happy

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
But seriously, get used to eggs and beans for your protein requirements. Because unless you are growing your own or eating long pig, meat is going off the menu soon at this rate.

Eggs may be going off the menu as well.

I bought eggs yesterday, a bulk back from the local Walmart market (Aldi was out of stock) of 36 eggs, for a steal of over $6. We used to get a dozen eggs for a reliably consistent $0.77/dozen at the Aldi.

I looked at powdered whole eggs on Amazon. That was over $40 for three pounds (approximately 105 eggs).
edit on 3/11/2022 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken url.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Find a seller of organic eggs around from a good farm, where I live is plenty of farms that sells eggs, just do a big of digging, you probably will even be able to get milk too.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm…probably about 8 months out…

Right in time for the winter season…

I’ll be sipping mojito’s on a beach by then…wondering if the shorts I’m wearing are considered…overdressed…

YouSir

I'd give it until July, it'll start getting hot, gas will be another dollar or 2 higher. Plus everything else.

It's gonna get ugly.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They're around, and I'd much rather have fresh eggs, but they tend to cater to the hipster and yuppie crowds and their prices are not great either.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think when gas hits $5 things will come to a stop real fast. $4.25 here and hasn't went up in 5 days.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I live in a rural area, lots of farms, I know lots of people and prices are great, even the local health food store sells the eggs no problems.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Find a seller of organic eggs around from a good farm, where I live is plenty of farms that sells eggs, just do a big of digging, you probably will even be able to get milk too.

My Brother has a large number of eggs that he provides the needy at the church and the community. His eggs are pure organic, he does not allow his chickens to eat any table scraps or anything except what they eat while free roaming and what he feeds them. The problem is that the organic chicken feed prices has increased significantly.

We are given produce, fruit, and homemade bread, weekly from both church members and by neighbors. We all share our harvest.

I think stone soup is going to be the way through this next wave.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I think when gas hits $5 things will come to a stop real fast. $4.25 here and hasn't went up in 5 days.

It is already $4.89 here. We are just hoping it does not go above $6.00.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Ummm…Yesterday I paid $5.19 a gallon for my diesel truck…it was $2.89 a gallon just a while ago…$80.00 gave me a half tank…

Leftist progressives…gotta love ‘em…

Love to smash them in the forehead with a big effing hammer…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think stone soup is going to be the way through this next wave.

Not even kidding when I say I have a large cast iron kettle and rocket stove ready to go.
I’m going to start working on from scratch recipes. I’ve done a bit here and there, but I want to try some stuff in bulk.
I think….I could feed my neighborhood.

Also, some of my a-hole neighbors have been spraying their yards with the heaviest chemicals possible, because of weeds. A large portion of those weeds are edible and medicinal.
Food is not safe to grow on that kind of soil for minimum 3 years, but in my opinion much much longer.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Over the years, I've noticed that God has a way of seeing we have the means to just make it through. It made me really nervous when I suddenly got the opportunity for full-time and it all fell into place followed by a quick raise and then a promotion inside of 6 months. I looked at my husband and said, "How bad is it going to get?"

I think we're just starting.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If you google "wheat prices" the media blames the Russian invasion but not the sanctions that the western countries imposed on Russian trade.

This is why the wheat prices had spiked. Russia is the largest for the imported fertilizers. I wonder how long it would for the EU to realize? during the summer heat waves?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Close , REAL CLOSE ............Actual Inflation Number in the U.S. Right Now is in Reality , 20 Percent . No One can Continue to Support themselves at that Rate much Longer .

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
I should hope that video is sarcasm. Oh, he wants to get 2, 3, 4 thousand dollars out of his bank, then moans he can only get $400 out of an ATM. Oh, he wants his money to probably buy a used car or some gold. Some one should take him to one side and put him straight. If SHTF people are gonna want money for food, to live and $400 would be a fortune in that situation.
But then again he's more concerned with his shares or his gold that he and his friends a got. Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've said this before, why high fuel prices????
What really can lead to high fuel prices:- shortage of fuel, only so much to go round. Naah, that's not it.
Thousands of more people buying the available supply. Naah, same amount of people buying and using.
We have the same amount of people, the same out put, no transport or refining problems.
SO WHY???? Because they can. And the only people that can force them to reduce their prices is governments. The ordinary man can't. So why aren't any governments forcing the oil industry the power industry etc. to lower their prices because it comes down to pure greed.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join