It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee Prices hit Decade High

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
We are witnessing our own government putting the royal screws to the whole Middle and Lower Class.

What does THAT feel like? 😵

Need help starting a thread to describe it properly. Biden said we would have a Winter of Death. Now they're predicting a Summer in Hell.
edit on 3/7/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There's not much I can think of that isn't at record highs right now. I've been to the grocery store a few times in the last couple of months and every time I've gone they've raised the prices on everything I've bought the week or so before.

Was talking to one of the guys at a smaller grocery store last night about the rising cost and he said they used to get a cost raise sheet about once a month and now they're getting them once a week, insanity. I can only imagine what's going to happen now that fuel cost are soaring and that cost gets passed on to our food cost. We all know which vegetable in chief we have to thank for this.
edit on 7-3-2022 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
There's not much I can think of that isn't at record highs right now. I've been to the grocery store a few times in the last couple of months and every time I've gone they've raised the prices on everything I've bought the week or so before.

Was talking to one of the guys at a smaller grocery store last night about the rising cost and he said they used to get a cost raise sheet about once a month and now they're getting them once a week, insanity. I can only imagine what's going to happen now that fuel cost are soaring and that cost gets passed on to our food cost. We all know which vegetable in chief we have to thank for this.

Sadly this is a world wide event going on. Gas now is topping 8 bucks a gallon in many places in Asia. I wonder what the price of gas is in Guam now.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For what it's worth, the yaupon holly is the only source of caffeine native to North America. The leaves when dried make a not terrible tea. Do not eat the berries. Identifying pictures and range maps are available on the search engines.
Unfortunately for you yanks and westerners it grows primarily in the south east. It has become a regular landscaping bush and can be found at nurseries.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Sadly this is a world wide event going on. Gas now is topping 8 bucks a gallon in many places in Asia. I wonder what the price of gas is in Guam now.

Yes, I have a few friends in the Philippines and GF is in Australia all have told me its going up where they're at.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nerbot

I don't miss rushing to the bathroom in the mornings or a buzzing head at night.

I've been on an Earl Grey kick.

Oooooh yeah! Gimme that Bergamot.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have fourteen cans of coffee in stock now, and keep my eye on futures. Coffee has gone up but I do manage to hit sales pretty well. The price of coffee actually fell a little over the last two weeks, but the cost of transporting it will be higher, so I don't expect as big of an increase in the next month because of the fall in the cost of the beans. But after that, I expect it will be going up quite a bit more. My last two cans I got for four ninety nine...limit one with coupon, the three before that were five ninety nine. That is far less than the eight buck regular price now. I get Hills Bros. But I don't mind Folgers coffee and we have two of those in stock we got at five forty nine a can a month or so ago. The four ninety nine Hills was the cheapest I have seen it in five months.

I am a cheapskate, I don't like to pay a lot if I don't have to for stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

do you make any kombucha with that tea?

im going to need to start getting fresh beans like you suggest and try roasting them myself

I worked next to the coffee roasters at SWG3 in glasgow they have a coffee place there and the smell of roasting beans drived me insane as I love coffee , not only that is they prepared a whole bunch of doughnuts there next door as well
I swear they sprinkle crack on those #ers

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They better put that fence back up if they say that we will dink chicory root and like it. It isn’t really a coffee substitute, nor is dandelion root or anything else.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

They better put that fence back up if they say that we will dink chicory root and like it. It isn’t really a coffee substitute, nor is dandelion root or anything else.

Hold on to your britches...
I didn't want to bring this up, because it is too sad.................

BACON 🥓

Prices have gone up more than 20% and yes they are going to climb from there, but there is something else.

I mentioned it before, i'm a super taster/smeller, I can pick out notes in fragrances/smells/flavors better than anyone I know. I could smell Parkinson's on my dad when he first got sick. I joke that i'm like a hound dog, but that is literally what it is like. Back to bacon.. They are doing something to it. I've eaten it all my life, regular cheap bacon, farmer bacon, expensive bacon. Something is different. I don't know if it is the feed, or the genetics of the pork itself, but something changed over the last two years. I can't explain it, but it is af there is a "note" missing.

I wonder if they are doing things to make certain meats less palatable to push the vegetable/grain agenda.
China is absolutely cra cra for Pork and a lot of it is going there, are they getting the prime hogs and we're getting the sick ones? China purchased the biggest pork producer in the WORLD, right here in the US, Smithfield farms.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

do you make any kombucha with that tea?

im going to need to start getting fresh beans like you suggest and try roasting them myself

I worked next to the coffee roasters at SWG3 in glasgow they have a coffee place there and the smell of roasting beans drived me insane as I love coffee , not only that is they prepared a whole bunch of doughnuts there next door as well
I swear they sprinkle crack on those #ers

Ive never made kombucha . My mom used to make it.

I used to love the smell of fresh roasting coffee as a kid, as we drove across the bridge into San Francisco.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I’ve been banned from Kombucha in my house… one tiny tiny little explosion in the garage and now
I can’t have it anymore!
😂

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

aww naww kombucha is really nice as well , yeh if you forget about them and not let them breath then they can explode haha

luckily my girlfriend went and done a course from a company here in glasgow and so she has more experience with that than I do.

Still you can always enjoy a cold kombucha purchased

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Now they did it, that will piss off my 82-year-old Mom. I can see her now, everybody will have No war/ Putin Biden Suck but my Mom will have one saying Please Juan Valdez please lower coffee prices

like he cares, he's kicking back on his super yacht off Monaco.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

aww naww kombucha is really nice as well , yeh if you forget about them and not let them breath then they can explode haha

luckily my girlfriend went and done a course from a company here in glasgow and so she has more experience with that than I do.

Still you can always enjoy a cold kombucha purchased

it's nice but pretty pricey.

the mulled spice one we get is real good.

i also have a lemon lime and mint and a ginger lemon.

edit on 8-3-2022 by sarahvital because: add

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I’ve been banned from Kombucha in my house… one tiny tiny little explosion in the garage and now
I can’t have it anymore!
😂

Buzzkills!!..

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don’t think I have had bacon since before Covid…price was too high then compared to sausage. And I stick to Tennessee Pride.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join