It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee Prices hit Decade High

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We’ve talked about Gas and now I just read that coffee prices hit a decade high.
I also read an article that it is somewhat stable (right now) because people are tightening their belts and
Not going to coffee shops.

I think if you are a coffee drinker, now might be a good time to stock up. Make sure you store it properly.
I also love tea and know how to store it so it lasts a very long time.

I heard pasta and most wheat crops are going to skyrocket. Fertilizer is going to go up with will make most crops much more expensive.

I know we’ve all talked about all groceries and goods going up. What I’d love to know is there something in particular that will go much higher than others? If you’ve heard/read something please post. Thanks!

www.bloomberg.com...

Coffee Prices Soar to Highest in a Decade as Stockpiles Slide

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yup...my brand is highest I've ever seen it.
Stocked up today...gotta have my java!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I knew this would happen , you need gas to roast the beans

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Now they did it, that will piss off my 82-year-old Mom. I can see her now, everybody will have No war/ Putin Biden Suck but my Mom will have one saying Please Juan Valdez please lower coffee prices

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Coffee begins to go stale about 2 weeks after being roasted. You should buy green unroasted coffee beans and roast them yourself, a couple weeks worth at a time. Green beans are much cheaper and the quality can be far better then stale/rancid super market shelf beans. Some are very exotic, with real wild wonderful flavors.

I usually have between 20-30 lbs of coffee beans in the pantry. Probably about 5 lbs of tea as well.

Real good beans can cost as cheap as 5 bucks a lb

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Meh , i will buy it anyway cant live without the black gold.

even now 1 minute after midnight i got a nice hot cup of coffee.

Simple filter coffee , black.

I don't drink that senseo stuff its just hot water with milk.

Dutch brands only , Kanis & Gunnick

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I knew this would happen , you need gas to roast the beans

Nope. I have been using an electric coffee roaster to do home roasting of green beans for about 10 years. Electric roasters are available in all sizes from home hobbyist units like mine all the way up to commercial units.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

# man my regular coffee just got expensive I love coffee with maple syrup and those two things are more expensive than a barrel of oil well I know for sure maple syrup is more expensive than oil i think its around $1500 a barrel

I also heard that the natural coffee bean will become extinct by 2080 if that happens and we dont have a suitable alternative people will lost their #
edit on 7-3-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
All staples will go through the roof because they are produced by farmers who have all ready been dealing with drought conditions.
Sugar, flour, beans, and cooking oil can sustain people - if they can afford it, and if there's a big enough supply. Those in rural areas can augment their diets, but people in large cities are going to have a much harder time.

Mormons have always advocated for their members to keep a 2 month (minimum) supply of food and water on hand. Preppers have taken it to an even higher level, and felt it necessary to add weapons to protect their supplies when SHTF.

Those just now thinking of stocking up are going to have a much harder time, with supply chain disruptions.

If the world gets into an all-out war, there might not be that many people worried about their next meal.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Coffee begins to go stale about 2 weeks after being roasted. You should buy green unroasted coffee beans and roast them yourself, a couple weeks worth at a time. Green beans are much cheaper and the quality can be far better then stale/rancid super market shelf beans. Some are very exotic, with real wild wonderful flavors.

I usually have between 20-30 lbs of coffee beans in the pantry. Probably about 5 lbs of tea as well.

What is your roasting process?

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My great grandfather was a coppersmith in Turkey. He made all kinds of coffee making tools. We have a long handle Turkish coffee pot he made in the late 1800s. Roasting and preparing special coffee beverages is a family tradition that goes way back. I can adjust the roasting, and have several different results, from just one type of coffee bean.

Sweet Marias
Oakland California

They shop the world, and only accept the best.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You likely will want to do the roasting outside. It makes a lot of smoke, and the thin hulls pop off the beans and blow around.

My dad roasts them in a whirly pop on his patio, over a small burner.

I use a vintage air corn popper sometimes. It works great. Hamilton Beach. I also use a propane burner outside, with a large wok, if I want to do a lot of beans. Stir constantly. I have also done them in the house, in a pan on the range, with the fan going

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
We are witnessing our own government putting the royal screws to the whole Middle and Lower Class.

What does THAT feel like? 😵

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I gave up buying caffeine a few months ago and finished my last decaf about a week ago.

Tea for me.

I don't miss rushing to the bathroom in the mornings or a buzzing head at night.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You likely will want to do the roasting outside. It makes a lot of smoke, and the thin hulls pop off the beans and blow around.

My dad roasts them in a whirly pop on his patio, over a small burner.

I use a vintage air corn popper sometimes. It works great. Hamilton Beach. I also use a propane burner outside, with a large wok, if I want to do a lot of beans. Stir constantly. I have also done them in the house, in a pan on the range, with the fan going

Thank you! I just might might give it a try..I really like a good cup of coffee in the am.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't miss rushing to the bathroom in the mornings or a buzzing head at night.

I've been on an Earl Grey kick.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Lets see , First Crazy Rises in Fuel Costs , and Now Coffee . What's Next , Beer and Alcohol " ? Oh Wait ! Is Someone Trying to Attack Working People Here ? I Smell a Conspiracy ...Hmm.....
edit on 7-3-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I never got into coffee, Id drink when we would go hunting on cold early mornings, or drive road trips when working but even then it was iced coffee. But Im just not into it, and the whole rest of my family is. I do enjoy a cup after dinner occasionally.

But I do drink green tea all the time, a little bit of ginger/honey/cinnamon and lemon piping hot, and I can drink it before bedtime and still sleep.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This company has good loose leaf tea. Its in China. I also like PG Tips.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
I gave up buying caffeine a few months ago and finished my last decaf about a week ago.

Tea for me.

Thee's more caffeine by weight in tea leaves than there is in coffee, unless you're talking about herbal teas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join