It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite images show 40-mile-long Russian military convoy nearing Kyiv

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Since when have reporters worried about that?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

Cant see how considering progress and location.

If they had access to them right now it might make a difference but i think they are just about on the outskirts of the city.

Meaning once they break formation, fan out and dig into position around the city they wont be in a big line any longer and have proper ground to air missile support/AAA cover.
edit on 1-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Missiles can be launched at the convoy from hundreds of miles away. Strange European countries (or anywhere else nearby) is helping Ukraine no?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If anybody but the Ukrainians take out that convoy with missiles what do you imagine Putin's response would be given the major muppet he already looks like with his invasion debacle thus far?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If rumors are correct they will have them operational today

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

That's what I thought but look at Al Jazerra and Twitter - Europe. Most footage of live action is from amateurs

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: da pickles

I hope so da pickles, and i hope they manage to target them before they reach there destination and break formation because it will be a turkey shoot the now with them all in the one big line, not so much later.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
news is saying that the convoy is still 25 km away from Kiev,

There is no way they can stop a convoy this size, but the Ukraine ppl will try... this is going to be so bad!

How do we even know we're looking at a Russian convoy and not some training exercise images from 5 years ago?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The satellite images are apparently curtesy of Maxar Technologies.

They are headquartered in Westminster, Colorado, USA.

Which shows Russian vehicles and artillery extended for more than 40 miles and within a few miles of the city.

There is no doubt as to the convoys existence LSU2018.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Russia has some strange tactics, I’ve yet to read anything on their air support. At least the very basics.

Russian air fighters are easily spooked. Just go into an inverted 4g negative dive with them and flip them the bird from a couple of meters away and they'll bug out.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The satellite images are apparently curtesy of Maxar Technologies.

They are headquartered in Westminster, Colorado, USA.

Which shows Russian vehicles and artillery extended for more than 40 miles and within a few miles of the city.

There is no doubt as to the convoys existence LSU2018.

Of course there's no doubt of a convoy's existence, Andy, but how can we be sure that we're looking at actual images of a Russian convoy 40 miles long on its way to Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I get where you are coming from considering there has been footage used from the likes of Finnish military exercises and Arma 3 regarding the recent events in Ukraine that obviously was not real.

As to being sure, it can probably be seen somewhere in the distance from any tall building in Kiev by now given they are apparently on the outskirts of the city.

Guess they will know for sure once they decide to invade and occupy the streets of Kiev or attempt to encircle the place and lay siege rather soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I get where you are coming from considering there has been footage used from the likes of Finnish military exercises and Arma 3 regarding the recent events in Ukraine that obviously was not real.

As to being sure, it can probably be seen somewhere in the distance from any tall building in Kiev by now given they are apparently on the outskirts of the city.

Guess they will know for sure once they decide to invade and occupy the streets of Kiev or attempt to encircle the place and lay siege rather soon.

I agree, that's the only way we'll know for sure. But in this current atmosphere, I'd rather see a livestream feed of it to know it's real. I just have a hard time believing half of the stuff we're all being shown. Not only that, but why did Putin really invade, and what is the real end to this? I don't know much of the back story to any of this because I haven't been interested enough in the foreign affairs of Russia. First I was on Ukraine's side, now I'm not on either side. This is just judging by what I see or believe I'm seeing. I don't mind being convinced on which side I should be on, but from what I understand, both parties are currently, or have been dictators.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

They would have the air support if Biden came to Ukraine’s aid. Everything is being suppressed. When the puppet is installed then they’ll finally start telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname
a reply to: JIMC5499

Since when have reporters worried about that?

Good point. During WWII the Chief Editor of the New York Times stated that if he got information on the time and place of D-day he would print the story no matter how many Allied lives it cost.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes Joe should be Putin’d out to pasture.

Allan that naughty god fits your bills.

Vlad will break your west with hammer and reap the reward with sickle.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You will never hear the truth through media or political avenues. The whole thing is a distraction.

Judging by the media zeal it was cobbled together by a twelve year old playing risk.

a reply to: Randomname2

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Putin don't look like he could break wind thus far.

As to breaking the West, well he's welcome to try.

Take more than draft arsed threats of nuclear war all the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The invasion is to do with NATO being on his doorstep if the Ukraine joined, or was allowed to join.

But Putin went in under the pretence of war crimes being committed against his own people which is not the case really far as i can establish.

As to them both being dictators, Volodymyr Zelenskyy scored a landslide victory in the country's presidential election.

That's not a dictator per-say far as i can establish.

I would like to see more livestream feeds as well but the reality and veracity of the situation is not really in question.

Russia have invaded a foreign nation under spurious pretences.

They certainly don't seem to be on the side of right, quite the opposite or so it seems to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

With regards to live streams and footage , the Ukrainian people were told not to video and share information for obvious reasons . At the end of the day this is a population fearing and fighting for its survival .
At the end of the day the population will do as they have been asked for the survival of their nation and not the opposite to satisfy a few popcorn munching keyboard warriors who shout fake every time they see a clip
Of film .
This is a real war in real time with real
People dying

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join