It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKRAINE/RUSSIA WAR - looks like it’s started

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Someone should tell them were going through a pandemic, fighting systematic racism and climate change.....

Not to mention anti-vaxers, white supremacists, the Confederate Army, etc.

Seriously, after Biden trying his level best to make American citizens the enemy of the US government, does he really expect us to forget all and sacrifice our people for a country on the other side of the globe? I guarantee that any soldiers who return home will be hailed as heroes one day and enemies of the state the next, just like truckers and nurses.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with Ukrainian citizens. But the fault lies with the Ukrainian government. This could have been prevented. When the Soviet Union broke up, Ukraine had nuclear weapons. Under pressure from both Russia and the USA they gave them up for a treaty in which the US and Russia pledged to protect the Ukraine. I seriously don't understand the thought process involved in accepting that treaty, unless it was just a lot of politicians getting paid to sell out their country.

Now, they are just another historical example of what happens to people who give up their weapons for promises of security. If Ukraine still had their nukes, this would not be happening.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

a reply to: TritonTaranis

And I really wish Republicans would wake up, Putin is absolutely exploiting the divisions in the USA and wider western world

Nope. Only exploiting a weak , addle-brained , spineless Democrat .

Who are responsible, along with other Collectivists, globally, for much of the divisions we see.

It’s almost like they were working for the… wait for it….

RUSSIANS!!!

Only the Progressive Liberals and the folks they vote into office .
And that goes for ALL countries .

My classical liberal friends are as disgusted as I am with Joe and Justin.

Some classical Libs are really good people. It’s the Collectivists that I have an issue with.

Yes , that is trending .
But , if one3 votes in someone like Pelosi or Biden , they fit the bill .

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ukraine is the key producer of 90% of the worlds helium, used in making chips.

I thought we were the largest producer.

I might be wrong, it may be Neon.

Mea Culpa.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Biden has been trying to provoke the "sleeping bear"
Putin knows that Joe is an addle-brained , senile old man .
This is a test to see " What would Biden do?" .

"A strange game . The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess ?"

Remember when all the Leftists were afraid that Trump was going to launch nuclear weapons at someone while sitting on the toilet?
Clown Biden is gonna be the one.

Putin has surrounded the country with 180k troops and appears to be on the verge of full scale invasion.

..But it's Bidens fault?

Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Why the **** don't you start looking at the real culprit here? Instead of clinging to your political hatred and blaming someone else?

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
BREAKING: Reports of blasts in Mariupol
Link

More here Link
edit on 23-2-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The usa global hawk drone that flew about 6 circle arounds for a few hours looks like it's leaving that area finally.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Madviking

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Ukraine is small fish, in my humble opinion.

While every eye is focused on Russia and Ukraine, China will walk right into Taiwan which will have a much larger impact on all nations.

Yes and no. Ukraine per the geopolitical strategists is considered a key chess piece in the regional chessboard. Controlling Ukraine is key to controlling that region. Then throw in natural gas, etc. I agree China today is even a bigger issue.

Ukraine is the key producer of 90% of the worlds helium, used in making chips.

China controls Taiwan, Russia controls Ukraine, they will own the tech market for the next century.

Currently the West controls Ukraine.

Under the Obama admin they funded a color revolution overthrowing the pro-Russian leader, and installing a pro-Nato administration. This is cited as one reason for Putin's actions.

We'll see if that power balance remains in the near future.
edit on 23-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
The usa global hawk drone that flew about 6 circle arounds for a few hours looks like it's leaving that area finally.

Yup

Or it could be moving towards new mission area maybe to take a closer look at Muriapol

All Ukraine airspace is now closed also all civilian flights are leaving or avoiding the whole country, one just made a turn around and landed back at borylspil

BREAKING - Ukraines airspace is now completely closed

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Not sure if things like this are normal for Flights tracking but a Boeing 737 from Warsaw to Kiev just circled twice in Poland on its way to Kiev and is going back to Warsaw.

Also couple minutes ago a plane departed Kiev to Chișinău and immediately turned around to land back.

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Yes, but you have to back up a bit. The West has always pursued a policy of countering Russia in that region, and the Middle East. For example, the Syrian civil war can be seen as a proxy war between the US and Russia.

During the USSR occupation of Afghanistan, the US funded the resistance which included Bin Laden to fight the Russians, so the Russians could get "bogged down in their own Vietnam." There is an ongoing conflict that subsided a bit with the fall of the Soviet Union but appears to be reappearing. However, the real Cold War II is with China.

In the Ukraine, while Biden was VP under Obama, the US supported a color revolution overthrowing the pro-Russian administration and installing a pro-Nato one. That's right on their door step with a key country. My point is, the West is hardly innocent here either.

West's role in Ukrainian revolution
edit on 23-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
BREAKING: reports of a raid in Ukraine — Crimea checkpoint

Crimea!!! Kalanchak outpost is under attack. Ukrainian soldiers and civilians are running away #Crimea #Ukraine #Crimea

Link

Bad bad bad if true

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Russian propaganda channels reporting false flag attacks

Pretext to push out into greater Donetsk

Link

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

originally posted by: RazorV66

Biden has been trying to provoke the "sleeping bear"
Putin knows that Joe is an addle-brained , senile old man .
This is a test to see " What would Biden do?" .

"A strange game . The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess ?"

Remember when all the Leftists were afraid that Trump was going to launch nuclear weapons at someone while sitting on the toilet?
Clown Biden is gonna be the one.

Putin has surrounded the country with 180k troops and appears to be on the verge of full scale invasion.

..But it's Bidens fault?

Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Why the **** don't you start looking at the real culprit here? Instead of clinging to your political hatred and blaming someone else?

Hmmmm....if it were during Trumps admin, im sure it wouldnt be the same pearl clutching no?

Transparent as ever.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   
RUSSIAN BOMBERS UP

Russian strategic bombers & fighters voice HF active on 8131 kilohertz

Aircraft passing short figure messages to ground control. Very busy

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Giving up weapons leads to conflict? Who knew!

*Looks over the last 30 years of history*

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Putin speaking live EMERGENCY ADDRESS

WTF it’s like 4/5am there isn’t it?

Link
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Putin just declared a special operation on Ukraine

WAR DECLARED

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Putin just declared a special operation on Ukraine

WAR DECLARED

Well, #

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My god… Putin looks and sounds psychotic right now

This is surreal

PUTIN

Putin- “Those who try to prevent us will receive a military response, this response will lead to consequences that you have not encountered. We are ready for anything.”

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   
BREAKING - Kramatorsk is being attacked.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join