It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your Gas Prices right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I do remember during Obamas reign how high gas prices were, it was crazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Edumakated
About $5.00 for premium. Maybe $3.85 for 87 and $4.25 for 89.

Chicago has highest gas prices in country (or next too if IRCC). Once you get out of Chicago, prices are about 50 cents less.

Yikes!! I was sure we were one of the highest but that’s crazy.
You know what else is crazy in Chicago, parking. It’s always been high, but it is criminal now.

The sad part is that a large portion of it is taxes. People are quick to blame oil companies though. In Chicago, almost 40 cents a gallon is taxes....

Oil is a commodity. Increasing supply lowers cost. This is why gas was so cheap under Trump. His policies encouraged production and prices fell as a consequence.

What is worse is that high gas prices hurt the poor more than anyone. I can't tell you how many times I pull up to the pump and see someone bought 1 or 2 gallons of gas....

Democrat policies hurting the very people they claim to care so much about.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We just gassed up Sunday, it was four dollars and nine cents for Premium ethynol free gas where we go. But when you buy food at the store you get five cents off for every fifty bucks of groceries when they scan the card at the checkout, so we got ten cents a gallon off on the price of gas. We spend about a hundred bucks a month there at that store so it is worth it.

The price dropped last week for a while by a nickel then went back up right before we gassed up. We get all of our gas there, they also have ethanol free regular for twenty five cents a gallon higher than regular ethanol gas. Ethanol belongs in your mixed drink, not in your gas.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I started commuting on a motorcycle as I got tired of paying $100 every couple of days to fill up my SUV. I remember once it costing me like $125 to fill up. I was like WTF?

Back then, I'd drive out from Chicago down to Joilet to race my RC cars. It was about 45 miles one way. So 90 miles. My truck was getting about 20 miles on a good day on highway, so keep it simple... call it 100 miles. So 5 gallons of gas... $25-$30 just to drive to the track.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gas went up to 176 yen per liter now. Not sure what that is in USA dollars though.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

As of last week I paid $3.40 in the Twin Cities. I remember paying over $5.00/gal in Chicago during Obamas last term. I also remember paying $1.80 when Trump was in office, which wasn't that long ago.

I also remember paying $.89 in the early 90's. Things are quite a bit different when you can fill your V8 gas guzzling machine for $10/ tank compared to $50+/ tank on your eco V6 now.

The thing that infuriates me about the price of gas here is the amount of tax they add that is supposed to go to the roads and infrastructure but it doesn't.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just filled up my 'lil Honda this morning, cost $32.96 for the cheap stuff @ $4.05 a gallon. So glad I don't have a large vehicle at this time. There is a 10 cent discount if you pay with cash at the ARCO near my place in North Seattle. I'm not sure what cash is, though... I do have some quarters for laundry, does that count?

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
7,52$/gallon, converted.

You are all still very lucky.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
$3.15 a gallon
St. Louis

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Oregon. . . .

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
4.00 gallon for premium in ohio

Was 3.00 2 years ago

Sucks, finally got a raise last year, and was doing good, now im pinching pennies again cuz everything else went up. Fing sucks....tired....

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To paraphrase, "The gas is too damned high!"

From $3.60 to $3.85 per gallon for diesel.

PSL, FL

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
1.80 per litre today, for regular, thats roughly 7.25 p gal.
thats in canuckbucks, whick works out to 5.75$ U.S.
edit on 16-2-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Several pumps at a large Chicago gas station had this Biden "I did that!" sticker affixed next to the window showing the money paid/gallons pumped.

One of these: www.etsy.com...

Talk about funny!

The Regular gas was $3.85.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Build more refineries. Refine more oil to combat the price per barrel.

It is heavily regulated and price controlled. It is not left to chance.

Inflation is up and oil and gas with it to consume all of your extra cash. Someone is getting richer from it all.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Same here. 1,72/L but try getting the good stuff 100+ octane or 102 and you are bordering 2€/L.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have a few of those in the car....

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
3.79 on base, got a bit south of base its 4+ and climbing in central alaska.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join