It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trucker Protest Possible on Sunday

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: JAGStorm
It doesn't stand a chance; the government will squash the protestors like flies in a nano-second, siting 'domestic terrorism'. They'll make sure that enough bad actors show up to prevent any kind of peaceful protest that goes against their agenda.

No weapons, no violence, no threats, no warrants, no terrorism. They can't do anything except hand out citations.

You must think all the protestors at the capital building wielding weapons were all conservatives. Fair enough!

Nobody will be trespassing on federal property. Assuming of course that we've been paying attention to the way Canadians do business.

I'm also thinking that perhaps we can put aside the capitol drama for the sake of positive community impact. Let the media do their thing, patriots can prove them wrong with every step.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

“the convoy could severely disrupt transportation, federal government, and law enforcement operations through ... potential counterprotests.”

Stop protesting, you might cause other people to protest!

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The truckers should be chanting Black lives matter along with their no mandates and freedom chants

The media would not know how to report that

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Yes, let's screw up our trucking in this Country instead of trying to talk to each other.

I'm sure this is going to help. LOL!

You get chaos if you create chaos. Just don't bitch about it when there is nothing on the shelves or no gas at the stations. We know how some cry and moan about gas and grocery prices. Well, this won't help.

But go for it. I'm not sure what this will accomplish except pissing people off more.

Meanwhile, the lowest of IQ’s support bLm and aNtifa (the pedophile group) rioting and murdering and burning grocery stores to the ground

The very LOWEST of IQ’s

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It doesn't stand a chance; the government will squash the protestors like flies in a nano-second, siting 'domestic terrorism'. They'll make sure that enough bad actors show up to prevent any kind of peaceful protest that goes against their agenda.

Your fear mongering has no power against this group of protesters. They are truckers. I dont think you get it. If Antifa want to get into it with truckers on the highway or in urban gridlock, grab the popcorn. This isn't your run of the mill liberal activists and looters.

The blue collar workers have largely sat all of this out. People standing for BS their professor or mom told them holds almost no weight in comparison to people protesting tyranny. The bad look will not be on the truckers, and with cameras everywhere, it will hurt the government and counter protesters lookin bad.

I think many of my friends and myself will jump on our Harleys and peacefully join them. Nice thing about Harleys, they can ban horns all they want, we dont blow our horns. With heated gear, we can be outside all day and all night with a smile.

Its taken them too long to form this protest. A lot of people have been waiting for this. The FB group banned last week had over 100k members, and was not the only group. They shut down people's lives, so the truckers shut down the lives of those who are too big of cowards to stand up for what is right. So then the cowards can help, or keep hiding in their homes. This whole problem is caused because when they went for mandates, the people with vaxxes or no mandates didnt stand up for the people affected by them. For that main reason, no one cares anymore. Join, or stay home. It never should have gotten this far. The people who think like you and your bad comment are the enablers of the abusers. Realize the place you decided to take.
edit on 9-2-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Oh Boy..

www.yahoo.com...

The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement and public safety officials in the United States that a prolonged trucker convoy protesting vaccine mandates could begin on Feb. 13, when the Super Bowl is played in Los Angeles. The warning of a trucker protest similar to the one that has brought Ottawa, Canada, to a virtual halt, states that “the convoy could severely disrupt transportation, federal government, and law enforcement operations through gridlock and potential counterprotests.”

has received reports of a convoy of truckers planning to potentially block roads in major metropolitan cities in the United States in protest of, among other things, vaccine mandates for truck drivers.”

I had wondered if this was coming.
This is widely effective in Europe and looks to be in Canada too, I just wonder will it work in the US.
Also if it is, get ready for those shortages!!
Please stay safe everyone.

PS. There is nothing more American than peaceful protest.

I support the efforts of the truckers all around the world. They are expressing themselves through TRUCK.

I also support the recommendation of peaceful assembly. I know in the US it can get volatile quickly, simply just because of the huge population compared to the protest I'm at.

the way they have been doing it here is rotating. So there are always truckers still working, as most of them are already vaccinated. So the shortages should be minimum if the situation is the same in the States.

Go, USA!!!

edit on 2/9/2022 by MykeNukem because: they came for the truckers and I wasn't a trucker...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Im selfishly hoping these protests last into the summer in the states. My shop will give me time off with blessings to take my Harley to them!

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2022 by TrollMagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What exactly will the US truckers be protesting. The masks are coming off, and the pandemic is just an afterthought that nobody really cares about anymore. Unlike Canada.

www.deseret.com...
edit on 9-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What exactly will the US truckers be protesting. The masks are coming off, and the pandemic is just an afterthought that nobody really cares about anymore. Unlike Canada.

From the link

vaccine mandates for truck drivers.”

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

US truckers are mandated to be vaccinated if they come to Canada. Also, vice-versa.

That's kind of what all this has been about, until it turned into a movement to end all mandates, but also, end the mechanism that lead to forced mandates, ie; emergency measures that are dreamed up without scientific evidence or sometimes ANY evidence.

edit on 2/9/2022 by MykeNukem because: they came for the truckers and I wasn't a trucker...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I wish they would all strike against the authoritarian and evil left.

This will not end.

Not as long as the evil left thinks they can get away with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Hopefully Nurses will join the truckers not only for the idiotic mandates and gov't overreach but because they are actually talking about capping nurses wages.

Thats right nurses who are in short supply as it is. Which coincidentally their labor shortage plays a big factor as the real reason why hospitals times have increased so much and not because of covid. They want to cap their wages but not the CEO and executives and their bonus.

edit on 48228America/ChicagoWed, 09 Feb 2022 18:48:07 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I thought it was to remove ALL mandates for Everyone not just the truckers for ALL.
HONK HONK HOOOONK!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
I thought it was to remove ALL mandates for Everyone not just the truckers for ALL.
HONK HONK HOOOONK!

Cheers
Ektar

according to Biden administrations the truckers aren't protesting for the mandates. LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I would wait one day later... Why try to compete with the Super Bowl? Loads of people will be planted in front of their tv watching the Rams vs Bengals..

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

What restrictions are currently in effect in the UK? Are masks, jabs, and more mandatory?

That may be where the difference lies.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

What were your thoughts on BLM/Antifa trashing and burning cities? Setting up "autonomous zones" within cities? Was that just them "trying to talk" with everyone else?

a reply to: IAMTAT

Don't forget your thoughts and prayers.

a reply to: Mandroid7

They're the group mostly affected by the shutdown, as it's their livelihood. If anyone has a right to lead this protest, it's them.

a reply to: just4fun

They'll still call them racists because now they're appropriating the culture.

a reply to: jhn7537

Hopefully they'll prevent people from getting to the game. Hopefully the honks from around the stadium will drown out the crowd. Hopefully no one watches anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Good, I sure hope they do. We have what, at least double the amount of truckers in Canada?

They are already demonizing the truckers on the Ambassador Bridge.
OMG, GM had to shut down, due to no parts!!!!

OMG! Are you really that stupid to believe that? GM has been short parts for 2 damn years!!! 2 flipping days of a bridge shut down isn't as big of a deal.

We all need to be free. No mandates, No masks.
If we can't come together over this, we don't deserve our constitution.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Your fear mongering has no power against this group of protesters. They are truckers. I dont think you get it. If Antifa want to get into it with truckers on the highway or in urban gridlock, grab the popcorn. This isn't your run of the mill liberal activists and looters.

I'm guessing you don't live in the US and haven't been following the capital riot, what happened and is still happening to all who were there.
Fear mongering and reality are two different things; the US will not stand by while conservatives organize and protest.

Don't forget which party is in charge.

edit on 40000001111America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No weapons, no violence, no threats, no warrants, no terrorism. They can't do anything except hand out citations.

You must think all the protestors at the capital building wielding weapons were all conservatives. Fair enough!

Nobody will be trespassing on federal property. Assuming of course that we've been paying attention to the way Canadians do business.

I'm also thinking that perhaps we can put aside the capitol drama for the sake of positive community impact. Let the media do their thing, patriots can prove them wrong with every step.

You can't put aside what happened on January 6; it set the president for how they will handle any protests by conservative groups. It's the liberals' blueprint.

I-75 is a federal highway, and any federal highways being used for such purposes will be dealt with in the same manor liberals have dealt with conservative protests in the past two years.

If you want to predict the future, examine the past.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join