It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Ivashov (Head of All-Russian Officers' Assembly) open letter to Putin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Based on some of the reports coming out of Russia around 2014-15, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some animosity in the Russian military towards Putin over Ukraine.

Apparently at the start of the Ukrainian civil war, Russian hospitals near the border started filling up with soldiers injured and killed in "training accidents." Since the incidents were labeled as training accidents in a means to cover up the fact that Russia was sending troops to Ukraine, many families lost out on benefits they would have received for the soldier dying in battle.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not sure your point? Did they outlaw the use of the Russian language?

The Russian language was forced out of the public sphere.

Sports, education, trade, communication in state bodies and in the media, and so on, everything should now be in the state (Ukrainian) language.

Reservations in the law exist only in relation to English, the official languages of the European Union and the languages of the indigenous peoples of Ukraine.

As you can check in the law on indigenous peoples - zakon.rada.gov.ua... - the Russian people are not the indigenous people of Ukraine.

"Article 1. The concept of the indigenous people of Ukraine

2. The indigenous peoples of Ukraine, formed on the territory of the Crimean peninsula, are the Crimean Tatars, Karaites, Crimchaki."

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So all your points are barely assumptions as you slam any data that suggests there are troops massing in the area...lol Are you a little bias here?

So far, apart from the words of the Ukrainian, you have not presented any data.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"But I have no doubt that near a border of an unfriendly state, a certain number of troops should be present."

What for?

In case Ukraine suddenly decides to invade Russia?!!!!!

I understand you are from England.

But if you were from the USA, I would ask you: you don't expect Mexico to attack the USA, do you?

But most likely the United States has some troops near the border with Mexico (and I would not be surprised if there are some troops on the border with Canada).

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Sorry, the the United States is THE world superpower.

Let's get that straight right off.

a reply to: nugget1

Statements like this are why some people want America to get its ass kicked.

'some people' can want in one hand and poo in the other..see which one fills up first.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Sports, education, trade, communication in state bodies and in the media, and so on, everything should now be in the state (Ukrainian) language.

Reservations in the law exist only in relation to English, the official languages of the European Union and the languages of the indigenous peoples of Ukraine.

Should it be Russian? It seems Ukraine wants complete and total independence from Russia and Russians don't like that.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So far, apart from the words of the Ukrainian, you have not presented any data.

I did and was told none of it acceptable, so I asked if they had anything to support their claims that Russia is doing basically nothing out of normal, and they did not. I'm not one way or the other outside of it looks like Russia is flexing, so do you have further information? Russia taking Ukraine back is well within game plan no matter what they are doing right now, and very concerning with their recent history.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Should it be Russian? It seems Ukraine wants complete and total independence from Russia and Russians don't like that.

That is, you justify any infringement of the rights of Russians in Ukraine?

European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages

Article 7 – Objectives and principles

1 In respect of regional or minority languages, within the territories in which such languages are
used and according to the situation of each language, the Parties shall base their policies,
legislation and practice on the following objectives and principles:

a the recognition of the regional or minority languages as an expression of cultural wealth;

b the respect of the geographical area of each regional or minority language in order to
ensure that existing or new administrative divisions do not constitute an obstacle to the
promotion of the regional or minority language in question;

c the need for resolute action to promote regional or minority languages in order to
safeguard them;

d the facilitation and/or encouragement of the use of regional or minority languages, in
speech and writing, in public and private life;

e the maintenance and development of links, in the fields covered by this Charter, between
groups using a regional or minority language and other groups in the State employing a
language used in identical or similar form, as well as the establishment of cultural
relations with other groups in the State using different languages;

f the provision of appropriate forms and means for the teaching and study of regional or
minority languages at all appropriate stages;

g the provision of facilities enabling non-speakers of a regional or minority language living
in the area where it is used to learn it if they so desire;

h the promotion of study and research on regional or minority languages at universities or
equivalent institutions;

i the promotion of appropriate types of transnational exchanges, in the fields covered by
this Charter, for regional or minority languages used in identical or similar form in two or
more States.

2 The Parties undertake to eliminate, if they have not yet done so, any unjustified distinction,
exclusion, restriction or preference relating to the use of a regional or minority language and
intended to discourage or endanger the maintenance or development of it.
The adoption of
special measures in favour of regional or minority languages aimed at promoting equality
between the users of these languages and the rest of the population or which take due
account of their specific conditions is not considered to be an act of discrimination against the
users of more widely-used languages.

rm.coe.int...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

But if you were from the USA, I would ask you: you don't expect Mexico to attack the USA, do you?

But most likely the United States has some troops near the border with Mexico (and I would not be surprised if there are some troops on the border with Canada).

No troops really on either border outside maybe State level guard support and that would be 100% logistics in nature, so we are talking a few 100 to a few 1000 depending on a state's need, not 200k or more...lol. Also, are Ukrainians pouring into Russia at 2 million per year with massive drugs and human trafficking mixed in all that? So the big question is has Russia massed 150k in troops and equipment near Ukraine's border and another 150k to 200k within 400 km of the border?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I did and was told none of it acceptable, so I asked if they had anything to support their claims that Russia is doing basically nothing out of normal, and they did not. I'm not one way or the other outside of it looks like Russia is flexing, so do you have further information? Russia taking Ukraine back is well within game plan no matter what they are doing right now, and very concerning with their recent history.

Well, do you agree that you have not provided any evidence unambiguously indicating a huge army on the border with Ukraine?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That is, you justify any infringement of the rights of Russians in Ukraine?

I asked if it was against some law to speak Russian, and you and others said no. Also, last time I looked Ukraine was not a part of EU so why post EU standards? I think every country on the planet has a "national" language and it seems you are pissed they don't do everything in two languages.

I find your comment funny with you saying there are Russians in Ukraine having their rights infringed on, so are they Russian or Ukrainian? Did you know if a newspaper or magazine in France uses any word that is not French they are fined? You want to argue with me on something I really do not care about, let them pick their official language while not outlawing all others. Saying they will use the official language instead of Russian is not outlawing Russian.

Didn't Russia basically do 10 times worst in Crimea and I guess that was all good.

edit on 9-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You're on to something here. Apart from outdated credentials and practically non existent clout, this man is trying to appeal to Putin's sensibilities with a message that only outlines the incredibly obvious, but the actual purpose is a public appeal that exhibits not blood lust and rabid nationalism but common values every person around the globe can relate to. "We're not enemies" is the gist and what he wants mankind as a whole to reflect on.

In your opinion, this person is better informed than Putin and understands better than him what the dangers for Russia are?

By the way, Putin has always offered the West peace and mutual respect (I'm telling you in case you don't know this).

As I said previously, his statements were addressed to Putin but meant for all of society to better comprehend what Russians actually think instead of what the TV is telling us.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So the big question is has Russia massed 150k in troops and equipment near Ukraine's border and another 150k to 200k within 400 km of the border?

According to the Western media, they have been deployed there for many months.

I would like to ask if they live in tents there in the conditions of the Russian winter?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well, do you agree that you have not provided any evidence unambiguously indicating a huge army on the border with Ukraine?

So what does this mean?

The Pentagon confirmed that Russia has more than 100,000 troops near the border with Ukraine. It warned that a three-pronged move into Ukraine might take place from Southern Russia, Crimea and Belarus.

I could post 100 more from all over the world, so what do you see as not unambiguous?
edit on 9-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

According to the Western media, they have been deployed there for many months.

I would like to ask if they live in tents there in the conditions of the Russian winter?

Your point is all media from around the world is lying while also having no idea yourself if they are not massing on the border. You also have failed to comment on the point that taking Ukraine back is well within Russia's game plan i.e. Crimea 2.0.

As I said about the other poster...Maybe you are a little bias here being very pro Russian.

I will make a prediction right now...

If Russia invades in the Spring you and a few others will be posting it was justified...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Yes, tents. Not the flimsy camping tents. Dirty great big ones. Satellite pics here and pretty much everywhere:

news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I asked if it was against some law to speak Russian, and you and others said no. Also, last time I looked Ukraine was not a part of EU so why post EU standards? I think every country on the planet has a "national" language and it seems you are pissed they don't do everything in two languages.

I find your comment funny with you saying there are Russians in Ukraine having their rights infringed on, so are they Russian or Ukrainian? Did you know if a newspaper or magazine in France uses any word that is not French they are fined? You want to argue with me on something I really do not care about, let them pick their official language while not outlawing all others. Saying they will use the official language instead of Russian is not outlawing Russian.

Didn't Russia basically do 10 times worst in Crimea and I guess that was all good.

These are not EU standards, but the standards of the Council of Europe, which Ukraine is a member of. And it ratified this document many years ago.

About France. France in Europe condemned for its position. Ask the Bretons, Catalans, Basques and Occitans whether they were comfortable living with this position of France.

However, everything changes with time, including the position of France. On April 8, 2021, the French Parliament passed in final reading the Molak law, which expands the use of regional languages.

HERITAGE PROTECTION OF REGIONAL LANGUAGES

Article 1

The second paragraph of Article L. 1 of the Heritage Code is amended as follows:

2° A sentence worded as follows is added: “The State and the local authorities contribute to the teaching, dissemination and promotion of these languages. »

Section 3

Article 21 of Law No. 94-665 of August 4, 1994 on the use of the French language reads as follows:

“Article 21. – The provisions of this law do not preclude the use of regional languages ​​and public and private actions carried out in their favour. »

PUBLIC SERVICES: MULTILINGUAL SIGNAGE
AND DIACRITICS OF REGIONAL LANGUAGES
IN CIVIL STATUS ACTS

Section 8

Public services may ensure, in all or part of their territory, the posting of translations from the French language into the regional language or languages in use on the inscriptions and signs affixed to public buildings, on public roads, on waterways, in transport infrastructures as well as in the main institutional communication media, when they are installed or renewed.

Section 9

Article 34 of the Civil Code is supplemented by a paragraph worded as follows:

“The diacritics of regional languages are authorized in civil status documents. »

www.assemblee-nationale.fr...

We can also talk about Crimea. Someone recently opened a related topic - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

As I said previously, his statements were addressed to Putin but meant for all of society to better comprehend what Russians actually think instead of what the TV is telling us.

I don't consider him the voice of the Russian people.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I could post 100 more from all over the world, so what do you see as not unambiguous?

What you bring is someone else's opinion, but I need you to bring proof.

Do you see the difference between opinion and evidence?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Satellite images are "opinion" not "evidence", then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join